996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My 600+ HP Silver Bullet (a.k.a how to blow $235K)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 09:53 AM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
My 600+ HP Silver Bullet (a.k.a how to blow $235K)

Hi folks, this is my first post on 6 Speedonline, you know the story...long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to share some pictures of this new (to me) 996 Turbo Cab.

No, I wasn't the one who spent $235K on this car (I wouldn't have been able to afford to spend that much on a car at this point in my life) . I bought this single owner 2004 Turbo Cab used with 17K miles recently. The original MSRP was $161 and the original owner put over $75K in mods and upgrades....and then decided to sell. That's where I come in to the picture.

I absolutely love this car. It has the EVO Stage III package as well as a small list of other modifications. Here is a list of the mods that I can remember:

Stage III Evo 600+ HP ugrade
Lightweight High Flow Exhaust - 100 Cell Cats
B&M Short Throw Shifter
GT2 Brembo Brake Upgrades
Lowered Suspension
Custom Rollbar/Strut
Sparco Aluminum Pedals
Champion Motorsports 19" RS97's --Custom Painted Black/Silver

Hardtop
Gemballa Carbon Fiber Hood
Gemballa Front Nose
Tech Art Rear Bumper
Tech Art Side Skirts
GT2 Rear Spoiler
Carbon Fiber intakes and mirrors
3M Clear Bra
K40 Calibre Front/Rear Radar and Laser Diffusers

Here are some pictures:

This following picture is a little blurry.....sorry about that.

Obviously, there is a lot of individual taste when it comes to appreciating cars. Therefore, I don't expect everyone to like the way this car was modified. However, if you do happen to like it, please +1 rep me.

Thanks,

Dan

Old 12-24-2006, 10:10 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Already a rep ***** on your first post?
It took me a few months . . .

Nice car, and welcome to 6Speed.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:24 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Your a beast!............. that car is sick.....I love how the hard top looks on there.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:40 AM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
The turtle shell looks way better then I thought it would. Nice car.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Lot Rent is infamous around these parts
Very nice car. Best of luck and enjoy.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Awesome car... congrats...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-24-2006, 11:40 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Different worlds, different tastes... In Europe no one would touch that car with a pole! Too modified and too flashy if you ask me.

Congrats on the buy though and welcome here.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:44 AM
AG996LV is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your purchase.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
mmmm! Don't take this the wrong way as I love all Turbos, but this is one badly mixed up beast!

Not so keen on the Gemballa front end and the Gemballa hood is one of the worst looking mods ever. Techart rear end is okay, but it's not the best mod, the Techart front end is. No doubt it's a great car but the choosing of the bodykit is just all wrong!

Old 12-24-2006, 12:18 PM
CSD952 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the purchase. Different tastes on the mods for sure, but I happen to like the front bumper cover, definite upgrade and better than the Tech Art to my eye. Looks more like a Carrera GT front, which is very nice design. Enjoy the ride!

Carmen

Old 12-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you like it, but I agree with Stevo, Gemballa front end, Techart side skirts, Techart rear, and who knows what wing. The car would flow much better if you either did all Techart or all Gemballa.

Just my observation, no disrespect meant - enjoy!

Old 12-24-2006, 12:31 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
from some angles, it has shades of a Mustang... weird... congrats on getting a good deal.

- chuck

Old 12-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome to this board you are sure to get honest opinions. Enjoy her in good health.

We love the fact you share. In this school, You'll get +1 points for technical knowledge and a willingness to help.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 12-24-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:22 PM
nathanc4s is infamous around these parts
TT Cab

very nice, although everone is going to have there own opinions, i think it is sweet. i just got a 04 TT Cab in polar silver with 3k on the clock......enjoy

Old 12-24-2006, 02:41 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
thanks for the pics, glad you are a new member. the bling part is not my cup of tea unless it makes the car faster at the track. I'm sure yours is anyway but cant run it in many of our events cause it has no "real roof".
Still it is a "different" look!

I give out rep points to many on this board (and even sometimes them to me!) but it is IMHO reserved for a post which increases the general knowledge base of this car or raises the IQ of the forum! But there may be someone out there that gives it up just for asking!?

Welcome...........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 600+ HP Silver Bullet (a.k.a how to blow $235K)