996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best Gas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 11:33 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Best Gas?

What Is The Best Gas To Use On A Stg 4 Tt?

Old 12-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
VP C16.

Craig

Old 12-25-2006, 02:56 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Ok, Let Me Restate , What Is The Best Fuel Available For The Masses. E.g. Shell,chevron,exxon,etc. Thanks

Old 12-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Gas is gas, use the highest octane available at the cheapest price you can find....

Old 12-25-2006, 04:38 PM
SLA
SLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud of
For your setup try the 100 oct. unleaded available at some 76 stations in CA and NV if you live in that area. You can blend it down a bit with premium from Top Tier brands such as Chevron, Shell, 76, Phillips, Conoco and Texaco. Those have a stonger detergent additive package.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:58 PM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Craig
VP C16.

Craig
Be a real man and run VP Import.

Old 12-25-2006, 06:05 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
All i use is Shell 93, just the first place i go to when i need it!

Old 12-25-2006, 06:06 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Ok, Let Me Restate , What Is The Best Fuel Available For The Masses. E.g. Shell,chevron,exxon,etc. Thanks
Paul, get the stage 4 race tune and see your porsche come alive w/ some 104

Old 12-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
DRJOE is right my man! Sunoco 104 GT plus with Ethanol Unleaded. It is light blue and I beleive it is 99 motor octane. THe car iwll come alive especially with the necessary 100 octane program. GL.

Happy Holidays.

-Suman

Old 12-26-2006, 02:24 AM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
Or run a full tank of 93 octane with 32oz of Torco. That should bump you to 100 octane. This way it's more convienet.

http://www.torco.com/cart.php

Old 12-26-2006, 03:15 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cpu77
Or run a full tank of 93 octane with 32oz of Torco. That should bump you to 100 octane. This way it's more convienet.

http://www.torco.com/cart.php
I was under the assumption that octane boosters are not real. Am I mis-informed?

Old 12-26-2006, 03:31 AM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Griza
Gas is gas, use the highest octane available at the cheapest price you can find....
No no no not all gas of the same octane is the same. The main components of gasoline are the same and the differences come in the additives. Different oil companies have different additives and they are kept top secret. For those wondering why Arco gas is cheaper it is because they have no additives.

For those in Los Angeles did you know that there is a central terminal in Torrance where the refineries in the area send all their gasoline. The only distinction comes when they fill each truck to be shipped out to the pump because that’s when each company’s additive is added. They mess up sometimes and you will get 76 gas at a Mobil station.

Also the formulations of gasoline vary thought the year. In the winter they will blend in more Butanes to raise the vapor pressure because it helps with cold starting. In the summer all the Butanes are sent up to Canada and not blended in. Also the blends vary from state to state due to environmental regulations.

The blending department at each refinery has specific vapor pressure and octane requirements so even during the say the summer the 91 octane will vary from run to run depending on the crude being fed. What this means is that the blend of gas will contain different compounds but achieve the same overall octane number and vapor pressure.

Hopefully some of this helped explain why not all gasoline is the same.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:37 AM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
I was under the assumption that octane boosters are not real. Am I mis-informed?
When they say that they add 3 points what it means is the octane will go from 91 to 91.3. I find it very hard to belive 1 can of octane boost will give a tank of 100 octane.

If you want some powerful stuff go buy some Toluene off the top of my head the octane rating on it is 116 or something. A mix of around 30% with gasoline will give you about 100 octane. Search the internet for more info.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Lot Rent is infamous around these parts
I use shell 93. Runs great on it. Dealer told me that is one of the brands Porsche recommends

Old 12-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Destructo is infamous around these partsDestructo is infamous around these parts
Shell and Mobil have the best "quality" gasoline at the pumps. You see stations like "clark" in my area, always 5 cents cheaper, but i promise the gas is older, and their 87 is old 93....not the best way to get your gas

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Gas?