996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I finally lost a race in the GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:43 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Joe,

I met your (other?) buddy with the Yellow twin turbo Viper on December 2nd.
I believe he was driving beautiful 73mm Supra Turbo (black). I am just trying to keep things straight! You have at least (2) buddies with twin turbo Vipers: one is black and is pictured here running a fricking awsome 10.21 @
151 approx, and the other is Yellow with black stripes and does not run at the strip too often but it was built by UGR for a guy in New York and is now
owned by your buddy (I cannot remember his name but he was very nice
at the track, observing like me!), who also has the black Lethal Supra.

Nice runs Joe, and as I have said before (and others): when you are up
against ANY twin turbo Viper...ALL BETS ARE OFF, they are the king of the
Jungle.

Cheers,

Marty K
Marty that yellow and black TT Viper was probably owned by a guy named Jeff who owned a used car dealer here in NY correct? I believe it ran in the 9's, crazy fast! It was also featured in Modified Luxury and Exotics

Old 12-27-2006, 12:14 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Joe,

I met your (other?) buddy with the Yellow twin turbo Viper on December 2nd.
I believe he was driving beautiful 73mm Supra Turbo (black). I am just trying to keep things straight! You have at least (2) buddies with twin turbo Vipers: one is black and is pictured here running a fricking awsome 10.21 @
151 approx, and the other is Yellow with black stripes and does not run at the strip too often but it was built by UGR for a guy in New York and is now
owned by your buddy (I cannot remember his name but he was very nice
at the track, observing like me!), who also has the black Lethal Supra.

Nice runs Joe, and as I have said before (and others): when you are up
against ANY twin turbo Viper...ALL BETS ARE OFF, they are the king of the
Jungle.

Cheers,

Marty K
The Yellow/Black or "bumble bee" as we call it, belongs to my friend, Vince. It was in Modified LE this year. His car went 8.9 @ 155 on slicks and skinnies when it was owned by the previous owner.

There's no replacement for displacement, except for turbos. But when you have 8 liters and turbos, then there's no replacement

Old 12-27-2006, 12:15 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Pakisho,
I really dont understand your point here and with all the name calling.
Joe never bashed or said anything deregotary against the guy with the TT Viper. He had the ***** to come here and tell us that he lost a race againts a TT Viper that has probably 300hp on his GT2.
I dont know the Viper and its specs but it would appear that HE does.
I also know the GT2 he has as it was mine, he has done alot of EVO mods to it after he purchased after I had it and has shown alot of vid's of the GT2 doing some real good 1/4 mile pulls.
He has never since I have been here been anything but respectful towards anyone and even though you tried to get a rise out of him you failed as everyone here doesnt seem to understand whats your point.
You cant discuss with out being vulgar, go somewhere else and rant about your theory's and your Mini being the fastest in your complex.
You sure have started of here as a child, and as such you will be treated until you show respect towards others. You are fortunate that our esteemed members and welcoming comitee chairman Vicious and Oh Crap havent welcomed you yet, but you keep posting rude and obnoxious posts and they will find you.

Joe, I enjoyed the video and applaud your choice to post here.
Keep that GT2 clean and mean.

Bajo

Old 12-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pakisho
What the hell kind of magic gearing will allow you to make up a 20mph 1/4 trap speed difference, and where can I buy some? ****, if it was always that easy I shoulda never bothered trying to make my car fast in the first place.

30-130 in a 151mph car? He never got a chance to uncork it. Try a 50-200 run and you wont even be able to see his tail lights in the distance.
How dare you come on here and and give RTV12 a hard time.Leave that to us regulars! You have missed his point --and it does have particular significance to those that follow THIS forum. TT and GT2 do not have terrific standing start ability-- but once on a roll the gearing is effective-- thus letting the car show all it's potential. It may still lose out to a Viper with those sort of trap times but as RTV12 points out-- it was a lot closer.That is a fairly modest claim based on factual experience- so why get aggro at him over it?

Old 12-27-2006, 12:19 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
The viper has alot more then the TT.... so loosing 1.5 cars is not bad...
The P car has better aerodynamic at higher speeds...

markski

Marek,

Now you know that Joe's car is not a TT but a GT2, that monster of yours has jiggled your brain.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:27 AM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
Lmao if I am such a bad guy whats with all the positive reps? ****, now I see why everyones hooked on that stuff.

Anyway, back to the topic on hand, like the Number One FAWB said, 30 to 130 might as well be 5 to 20. A TT viper is barely even stretching its legs and catching traction at 130.

Last edited by pakisho; 12-27-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Who cares its christmas? RenntechV12 good post and video. At least you guys get to race because on Maui we only get to cockfight and grow dope (Number #1 crop in hawaii...lol).

Byron

Old 12-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Oh and tow surf too...lol

Old 12-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Lmao if I am such a bad guy whats with all the positive reps? ****, now I see why everyones hooked on that stuff.
Where'd all your rep go? You still don't get the point man.

Anyway, back to the topic on hand, like the Number One FAWB said, 30 to 130 might as well be 5 to 20. A TT viper is barely even stretching its legs and catching traction at 130.
Umm, geee, thanks. We were unaware of this.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 AM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex
Where'd all your rep go? You still don't get the point man.

You stole it from me.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Enough already.

Renntech has more than enough rep here such that if he says it, it's all we need.

Ill: you are one sick F**k. You have 7,XXX posts!

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 12-27-2006 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:58 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
Enough already.

Renntech has more than enough rep here such that if he says it, it's all we need.

Ill: you are one sick F**k. You have 7,XXX posts!
What's funny is, i dont know when and where in the hell they all come from LOL. Im busy as hell during the day, i guess its just gradual posting throughout the day, and late night that build up

Old 12-27-2006, 01:59 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Who cares its christmas? RenntechV12 good post and video. At least you guys get to race because on Maui we only get to cockfight and grow dope (Number #1 crop in hawaii...lol).

Byron
not just hawaii, now it's #1 in the country, even more than Corn! Imagine if it were taxed? We'd be able to build an Autobahn type road all the way across the pacific to Hawaii from here in LA

Old 12-27-2006, 02:58 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
not just hawaii, now it's #1 in the country, even more than Corn! ...
Hard to believe that weed would be more popular than corn!

Old 12-27-2006, 03:27 AM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
not just hawaii, now it's #1 in the country, even more than Corn! Imagine if it were taxed? We'd be able to build an Autobahn type road all the way across the pacific to Hawaii from here in LA
That would be great. I am just wondering how they can prove this statistic about pot...lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I finally lost a race in the GT2