996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I finally lost a race in the GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:34 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alex
Not make up for it, but assist in making the race closer than it should've been.

I give up.
You are, in all seriousness, telling me that gearing advantages will help car A come within 1-2 car lenghts of car B (instead of the 10+ car lengths) when there is a 10+ mph difference in trap speeds of the two cars? Please tell me you are joking.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:36 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00
You are, in all seriousness, telling me that gearing advantages will help car A come within 1-2 car lenghts of car B (instead of the 10+ car lengths) when there is a 10+ mph difference in trap speeds of the two cars? Please tell me you are joking.
I dont understand what's so hard to understand?!? Gearing plays a HUGE role, BMW stands by gearing, A la e46 M3, M5 and M6 which whip cars that should be "faster" but they get pulled or stay right next to a car with higher hp and much more torque!

Old 12-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pakisho
Meh. Youre right. He was actually talking about the price of tea in china.

The MASSIVE INCREDIBLE gearing advantage of the GT2 that enables it to overcome 10mph trap speed differentials and even negate 20mph differentials was never mentioned ANYWHERE.

Spit in your own hands and drown yourself, dude.

What is certain is that if you don't spit on your hands you WILL do yourself an injury !

Old 12-28-2006, 02:38 AM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Red 9
What is certain is that if you don't spit on your hands you WILL do yourself an injury !
I didnt get it. Too high toned and upperclass for me.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:39 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I dont understand what's so hard to understand?!? Gearing plays a HUGE role, BMW stands by gearing, A la e46 M3, M5 and M6 which whip cars that should be "faster" but they get pulled or stay right next to a car with higher hp and much more torque!
Martin, I understand that gearing plays a huge role, and I agree. But to say that one car can make up over 10 car lengths only due to its superior gearing is SILLY, ESPECIALLY in this case where the Viper is a strong car on the highway to begin with.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
I didnt get it. Too high toned and upperclass for me.
With your other hand -- go get a dictionary!(dictionary-- a book with a lot of words)

Old 12-28-2006, 02:43 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
No, dude, not at all. A stockish Suby STI that runs a 12.6@106 is going to get its *** whooped by a 13.2@110mph car from a roll. Give me a damn break. Im not trying to stir **** up for the fun of it.

But a 130mph car staying close to a 150mph car is just ludicrous. The race did not demonstrate the abilities of the two cars.

Viper gearing is just fine. When youre making 1000hp, gearing doesnt mean ****. Unless first gear winds out to 200mph (which it DOESNT), youre going to decimate a 130mph car.

And for the record, vipers are pieces of **** that sound like ups trucks.
At least we agree in some areas. But ok, i can see we are on the same page in most areas. Only thing is, it of course doesnt make sense right? But Joe was just telling us his experience purely i bet out of SHOCK. Similar to mine and my friends 738 rwhp SC'd RT10 which no one believed, Dimitrios has our runs with all of the vipers and myself on a dvd, which he never gave me or showed anyone

Bottom line is, anything can happen on the street, does it mean its true with certain outcomes? Most likely not considering there are always excuses and exceptions (no traction, this and that) but what are ya going to do!

Old 12-28-2006, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by Red 9
With your other hand -- go get a dictionary!(dictionary-- a book with a lot of words)
Yeah, and one letter down from that is ELEQUONT.

IllM3, all Im saying (AGAIN) is that the race is severely skewed. The rest of it is all the nutswinging contingent.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:45 AM
Martin, I understand that gearing plays a huge role, and I agree. But to say that one car can make up over 10 car lengths only due to its superior gearing is SILLY, ESPECIALLY in this case where the Viper is a strong car on the highway to begin with.
Oh of course i agree, i mean its hard to think gearing will close a gap to 1-2cl's between a 20mph+ trap speed between the 2, i agree! BUT, like i said, there are somany different variables, excuses this and that by running on the street or anywhere, its hard to get a true/definite outcome. But yea, he should have gotten beat alot more, but what can i say, Porsches do run pretty hard despite not having 1k hp!

Old 12-28-2006, 02:49 AM
I dont think ANYONE here would be stupid enough to debate how hard a modified porsche can run.

I ran VRalexanders porsche the first night he got it back from protomotive. A long time before any of you even heard about it.

I have messed around with Sharky's black mamba on the street Hell, my own chevy is probably the only domestic in the world to have the magicians at sharkwerks lay their hands on i.

The next car on the list to purchase is a 996TT. I am getting a lot of flak here and while I dont mind it, it does seem slightly misplaced. I have mad love for 911s.

I just cant stand nutswinging.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:51 AM
but what can i say, Porsches do run pretty hard despite not having 1k hp!
And I am sure they do. No arguing with you there. But, regardless of how superior a Porsche runs on the highway, it will not magically make up 10+ cl's due to its gearing when racing a car (especially a Viper) that traps 20 more mph.

But. like you said, ANYTHING can happen on the street, and this race is surely a true indication of that phrase.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:52 AM
I dont think ANYONE here would be stupid enough to debate how hard a modified porsche can run.

I ran VRalexanders porsche the first night he got it back from protomotive. I have messed around with Sharkys black mamba on the street and the next car on the list to purchase is a 996TT. I am getting a lot of flak here and while I dont mind it, it does seem slightly misplaced. I have mad love for 911s.

I just cant stand nutswinging.
That's understandable, maybe i missed the "nutswinging" part but that's in your eyes. Bottom line, he posted up a little run he had, said he lost but outcome was surprising, which i agree IS! What is there to argue about though, he never said his car is just as fast or faster or anything like that, ah well.

Goodluck with your Porsche hunt

Old 12-28-2006, 02:54 AM
And I am sure they do. No arguing with you there. But, regardless of how superior a Porsche runs on the highway, it will not magically make up 10+ cl's due to its gearing when racing a car (especially a Viper) that traps 20 more mph.

But. like you said, ANYTHING can happen on the street, and this race is surely a true indication of that phrase.
Exactly and agreed, i mean the arguing is stupid, especially since we will never see how the real run went down

Gnight fella's!

Old 12-28-2006, 02:56 AM
Exactly and agreed, i mean the arguing is stupid, especially since we will never see how the real run went down

Gnight fella's!

good night man.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:16 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Let's take it down a notch guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I finally lost a race in the GT2