996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I’ve been banned from Silver Star service!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
I just found out why they can be so rude, I just spoke with PCNA, guess what? They don’t get involved with these types of problems and wouldn’t even tell me who the regional Porsche rep is, they said called Silver Star and ask them, this is insane!!
Sure Porsche is a great car, but the service at this particular dealer was bad, and the whatever attitude of PCNA is even worse. This entire experience has disgusted me, does anyone know who is the regional rep for the New York, Long Island area?

Old 02-23-2004, 02:58 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
I had the same problem! my dealer guy didn't give me any respect the other day, I called PCNA, they told me that they cannot do anything and all they can say is that they appreciate my complaint and THATS IT. Guess what, the service manager no longer works for the dealer I normally go to, not sure why, probably .... ??

Old 02-23-2004, 03:02 PM
AeroTT is infamous around these parts
DEETZ,

You mean Justin Becker?

Old 02-23-2004, 03:03 PM
retsel75 is infamous around these parts
You know this sounds like a marriage going through a divorce, you only hear one side of the story. I have had 911's since 1966 and over the years have not found a more considerate Porsche dealership than Silver Star. I have purchased two cars from them and am awaiting delivery of a GT-3. I don't know what business Rave is in but he surely does not know how to relate to people when there are issues to be resolve. I don't think he realizes that adding carbon fibre items is that easy. Yes, it's O.K. when ordered from the factory, but when it's an after thought many items are not strictly a "bolt in" and require many modifications. Remember, Rave did not buy the carbon firbre parts from Silver Star. A $900 dollar charge for all the labor involve is peanuts. Just from his statement I can only come to the conclusion that this is his first Porsche and that he is not very mechanically inclined or he would have realized the amount of work required.

Old 02-23-2004, 03:06 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by AeroTT
DEETZ,

You mean Justin Becker?
yup he is no longer in Herb Chambers, check the Cayenne forum

Rave: Sorry, don't mean to hijack ur thread

Old 02-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by retsel75
You know this sounds like a marriage going through a divorce, you only hear one side of the story. I have had 911's since 1966 and over the years have not found a more considerate Porsche dealership than Silver Star. I have purchased two cars from them and am awaiting delivery of a GT-3. I don't know what business Rave is in but he surely does not know how to relate to people when there are issues to be resolve. I don't think he realizes that adding carbon fibre items is that easy. Yes, it's O.K. when ordered from the factory, but when it's an after thought many items are not strictly a "bolt in" and require many modifications. Remember, Rave did not buy the carbon firbre parts from Silver Star. A $900 dollar charge for all the labor involve is peanuts. Just from his statement I can only come to the conclusion that this is his first Porsche and that he is not very mechanically inclined or he would have realized the amount of work required.
All of this may be true (which I doubt), what about the broken gas gauge, what about right off the bat telling me to service my car else where? Instead of trying to help me with my issues, fix the broken gas gauge, take a few minutes to explain why Carbon fiber is so hard to put in and the center consol/handbrake takes 3 hours to install (I think a one armed tech could do it in less time), she calls me and tells me never to come back, what kind of nonsense is that, you say it is one sided, no one is stopping them from posting.
I actually am mechanically inclined as a matter of fact, the Porsche dealer that I purchased the parts from, told me how to do the install and how quick it can be done, I didn’t do it, because the car was going in for the warranty issue anyways so let them do it, I wish now, I did install it, I probably wouldn’t have a scratch either. My gut feeling is that they treat customers who buy cars from them much different plus the fact that I purchased the CF pieces elsewhere.

Last edited by Rave TT; 02-23-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
I don't think he realizes that adding carbon fiber items is that easy.
Retsel75 are you kidding me adding a couple clip on/ bolt on CF parts for $900 is a crime. I would have helped this guy "RAVETT" that I have never met in a heart beat for free to put these parts on and he would have been in and out of my private garage in less then an hour.

Okay SS charged him what they felt the work was worth. It was worth it to him to get the car done right the first time by the "pros" at a premium. (I have been in this position before you just want it done and done right at almost any cost)

Their customer service in this case seems to suck. Instead of being customer centric they turned their back on a paying customer willing to fork over the extra cost. For all they know RAVETT could be planning on buying a Cayenne TT in the next month. That is business they just lost over a scratched CF piece even if he was lying, you still have to do the customer right.

Old 02-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Oh I get it they are a Sponsor that is why they monitor... I think they need to speak up and clear the air.

Old 02-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Happy Now?
Originally posted by SANDOVAL
Oh I get it they are a Sponsor that is why they monitor... I think they need to speak up and clear the air.
I wish they would post a response.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:16 PM
DrJim is infamous around these parts
All I know is that I have heard very nice things about the service dept at SS from Dr. Bill and some others. Others here have been very opinionated about some other LI dealers service dept's in a negative way. Personally, I think they should have made an attempt to correct the situation instead of "banning" you, but there are always 3 sides to every story. I think too many NY/NJ/CT dealers are a bit spoiled by all the customers/business they have and some take it for granted sometimes.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:17 PM
stuka is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by KPV
Rave,
If you are a member of PCA (which you should be if you are not!) they have dealer liason programs in place to resolve issues such as this. I know the Northern NJ Region (NNJR) of PCA does. I would recommend that first and PCNA second.
KPV
I am the guy whose M3 SMG was totalled by my dealer on a joyride, I am also a BMWCCA member. I got no help from anyone related to BMW, and yes, BMWCCA has dealer liason program as well. A copy of my story was also printed and hand delivered to the BMW M brand manager, and promptly went to the trash can.

Story here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49291

I now have a SY Turbo, and was hoping to not come across posts like yours anymore, now that I have a P-car. Among the tactics that bad BMW dealers employ:

1. They change your phone number so that BMWNA will not be able to get a hold of you for you to give them a bad rating. I don't know if P-car dealers do this or not.

2. They joyride your car then change the in/out mileage on the finalized bill. Always keep a copy of the original worksheet. Don't know if P-car dealers do this or not.

3. They mark up the price above retail, then "give" you the BMWCCA discount. Don't know if P-car dealers do this or not.

I have had good experience with Rusnak so far, and am keeping my fingers crossed. If anyone has any dealer recommendation in LA, please let me know.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:22 PM
stuka is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Rave TT
I just found out why they can be so rude, I just spoke with PCNA, guess what? They don’t get involved with these types of problems and wouldn’t even tell me who the regional Porsche rep is, they said called Silver Star and ask them, this is insane!!
Sure Porsche is a great car, but the service at this particular dealer was bad, and the whatever attitude of PCNA is even worse. This entire experience has disgusted me, does anyone know who is the regional rep for the New York, Long Island area?
Oh well, I guess it's the same whether it's BMW or P-car. BMWNA told me to get lost (very politely) and to talk to my delare about them totalling my car on a joyride.

The line I was fed was something along the line of each dealer being an independent business, and that BMW was just in the business of product distribution, and can't do anything. Sounds like P-car is the same.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:59 PM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
I will make a note not to ever do buisness at Silver Star....and make it a point to tell others to STAY AWAY from them. *** Clowns.

Old 02-23-2004, 05:31 PM
gregy is infamous around these parts
Sounds like Rave's concerns are valid to me. Sometimes its not the money ($900), its the principal. I am sure Rave thought it would be less to install the CF stuff, but they charge what they charge. If its all labor no parts, they will charge however long it takes the mechanic times the labor rate.

Lots of us are not fortunate enough to not have to work, having to go back to fix stuff they were supposed to fix in the first place is a serious waste of time. Regardless, these guys should have correctly installed his stuff, there really isnt an excuse for crappy work.

Basically sounds like they are half-assed over at SS. I will make sure I tell my friends to stay away from that dealership for any Porsche based purchases.

I can see myself getting in a situation like Rave's and I would not be too happy either. Good luck, I hope that you get your car all fixed up.

Old 02-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Happy Now?
I decided to get the ImagineAuto stage 4 upgrade, this dealer experience has turned off to Porsche dealer service so much, I decided to make the move, success is the best revenge.
After reading and talking to several Porsche mod dealers, I feel the most comforatable with Stephen from ImagineAuto, can't wait to get the parts and have them installed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I’ve been banned from Silver Star service!