996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I’ve been banned from Silver Star service!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 08:34 PM
lexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the rough
Hey tom77, I see you're still online, monitoring this thread. Does SS have any further thoughts?

Old 02-23-2004, 08:36 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Sandoval,

The above link doesn't work.

Old 02-23-2004, 08:43 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"So will you be taking the CGT to Jiffy Lube for an oil change?"

All of our cars go to their respective dealers for all non mod work including routine maintenance. The $ difference between oil and filter changes on the Frontier vs. the 911 is staggering when labor alone is considered (of course it's all free w/ the BMW - and they don't have the benefit of hammering you with new car options such as turn signals, tires, brakes, and batteries ala Porsche). Interestingly, it takes the same amount of effort (labor) - and training - to put the car on the lift, drain the oil, r/r the filter, and fill it back up on the Nissan as it does the P-car. Our cars go to the dealers primarily to insure the books and records are complete for resale. I'm smart enough not to take our cars to dealers for modifications because dealers rarely have the experience or training necessary to do the job as well as those who do the modifications for a living day in and day out. Most of us who own and drive P-cars do so because we earned our money and don't appreciate giving it up to those who don't. Otherwise, we'd all buy Ferraris and relish the frequent **** violations that come with the "privilege".

Old 02-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
http://silver-star.porschedealer.com...us/contact_us/

"Otherwise, we'd all buy Ferraris and relish the frequent **** violations that come with the "privilege"."

Ha ha Ben you have a point there! LOL

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 02-23-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:04 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
This is incredible.

Beyond the "is it right to install parts not bought at the dealer ..etc" things and the overcharge (this I will not judge) and blah blah blah ... we just have here the perfect example of how not to do business. No matter how fair or not it was (for both sides), considering SS sees everything goin' on ... I just can not believe Rave did not get a call from them, or a reply over here from SS (not just tom who we don't really who he is). Usually, businesses try to solve problems ... not say "go to hell, it's your fault". I just don't understand it... SS must have too many customers!

This is the power of the internet indeed. Not so long ago, the saying would go "good news reach 2 people and bad news reach 10" ... make that a 1000 !!! That's cool. Business will have to look out for what they are doing. Informational all the way!!

SS, come on and get your service straight. Make perhaps a bit less (especially on the first meet) ... but be sure to see that customer again.

The more I know about this, the more I'm convinced there is room for shops and dealers ran by passion for cars!

Old 02-23-2004, 09:10 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by tom 77
I'm deeply sorry. Because of the two-sided gas tank, I dont know one turbo gauge that works properly.
Tom, don't we have are facts straight. PORSCHE - Two (2) Syllables put out a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) about the gas gauge problem and so far I think that the software upgrade works. If this is how the sevice dept. works at SS I can see why you are having problems.

Here is the way to do it.

Gas Gauge Fix

Last edited by dbelleperc; 02-23-2004 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Skrew Silver Star. (I had a lengthy, eloquent, response typed out, however, my computer reset. This gets my point across just as well.)

Old 02-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by tom 77
I'm sorry I ever started this, my sense of fairness got the best of me. You guy's have fun.
I hope this guy isn't from Silver Star, if he is, the problem at SS is much worse than even I was led to believe.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:52 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Wow - just got back from Miami to read this thread

I can't beleive with the power of the net as wee see here - the dealer has not called you and apologized and offered to make this mess up go away

Old 02-23-2004, 09:54 PM
chanh is infamous around these parts
If I was the owner of SS, I would come on here saying this was the action of one bad service rep, and her attitude does not represent silver star motors..............

and gladly have rave come in to fix the problem asap........

btw, thumb's up on 6speedonline for not censoring this thread

Old 02-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Darren
Wow - just got back from Miami to read this thread

I can't beleive with the power of the net as wee see here - the dealer has not called you and apologized and offered to make this mess up go away
Nothing from SS management, I hope this tom 77 is not the official response from SS (IP check??).
Let them deal with AMEX, I will be disputing the charges, what else can I do at this point?

Old 02-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Happy Now?
Originally posted by chanh
If I was the owner of SS, I would come on here saying this was the action of one bad service rep, and her attitude does not represent silver star motors..............

and gladly have rave come in to fix the problem asap........

btw, thumb's up on 6speedonline for not censoring this thread
Yeah, they are really being cool about all of this drama.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
One thing could have happened on SS's part was they could have said NO, to installing the parts. They didn't, and regardless of where the parts were purchased (since they said they would install them), they need to take liabilty of the damage they caused.

What a mess. The power of the internet is amazing. This is exactly how a dealership should NOT handle business.

Old 02-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Happy Now?
Over 2000 veiws in less than a day!!

I just remembered something else! I had a Champion license plate frame, they took it off and put a Silver Star one on, without even asking me, that is some nerve.

Last edited by Rave TT; 02-23-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Do you think that if you purchased this vehicle new from them there attitude would be different? I think so... very sad

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I’ve been banned from Silver Star service!