996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I’ve been banned from Silver Star service!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 10:26 PM
jajo is infamous around these parts
This is actually one of the reasons why I want a TT...this is such a strong community and you guys all look out for one another. Very cool.

Rave, best of luck with everything. You are definitely deserving of something in return from these animals

Old 02-23-2004, 10:34 PM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
they're branding cars like how they would brand cows

Old 02-23-2004, 10:54 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Rave TT
Over 2000 veiws in less than a day!!

I just remembered something else! I had a Champion license plate frame, they took it off and put a Silver Star one on, without even asking me, that is some nerve.
I don't know if this was asked, but, did they give you an estimate to sign. They are required to give you a written estimate that you sign prior to them doing any work. It is law in Illinois and I am sure other states. They are not entitled to 1 cent if they cannot produce your signed estimate.
On another note, this whole situation just stinks. This dealership is so short-sighted. Do they not realize how many people 6speed reaches. Like any of us will ever use silverstar for anything! No worries Rave, I guarantee they feel the affect of their poor customer service right where it counts, in their pocket book. Congrats SilverStar, 6speed sponsor, you just made the list. You should be proud! Tom77, any other concerns from a "satisfied customer?" Or should we drive MB, BMW's or something else? Moron!

Old 02-24-2004, 03:11 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I think at this point SS isn't going to respond here b/c the decision has already been made as to their guilt. I do think they have every right to charge for installing the CF b/c along with doing it comes the responsibility of doing it right and not damaging the pieces. Therefore, THEY should have examined the pieces and NOT installed one if the scratch was there. Once it's in, they own it and need to get you a new one. Obviously, they need to fix the fuel gauge and the hand-brake tension. Everyone makes mistakes but it's how you recover from them that will set you apart. I don't know if you gave them the opportunity to make it right before posting (you probably did), but now the negative press in this thread on them makes it hard for it to turn out OK. I still think someone from there can reach out to you and make it right and restore their reputation. In actuality, nothing major has happened here. There are too few dealers around and hopefully things will be made right for you.

Old 02-24-2004, 06:39 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by tom 77
This whole thing warrants a reply. I don't get it. Who on this board works for free?
You walk into a dealership and tell the service manager that you want stuff installed for free because they have to do work in the neighborhood anyway. It's like asking the roofer to throw in a free skylight installation because he's up there anyway! You bring over parts you claim are perfect and they were not (I know, because I happened to be there when the tech took it out of the box). Then you are ticked off because you were charged for the parts? For the center console alone, it took the guy 2 hours to remove and transfer the panels and screws and then rivet the glove box cover on (with the proper BLACK rivets). That part of the job alone called for 2.5 hours of labor. This wasnt even part of the original problem and the console didnt even have to come out for this job, nor did the handbrake assembly. I really dont think the door panel and pull assembly had to come off to fix the dashboard? If Silver Star can't satisfy you, I think maybe you guys need to buy someting else, perhaps a Yugo, OOPS sorry- TURBO Yugo.
Its real easy to slam a dealer and vent here, but it certainly isn't fair. They took care of me when I had a REAL problem, one that would have been considerably more money than $900.
i think i know who Tom is. Tom, if this is who i think it is this is Dr. bill (dentist). please PM me and i promise to keep this anonymous. btw, if this is the Tom I know he is a SUPER guy and this is entirely out of character...

Last edited by drbill; 02-24-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:17 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Dr Bill,
I believe you are correct in your assumption.

Old 02-24-2004, 07:22 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
This type of attitude seems all too prevalent at high end dealers these days. Only Lexus seems to have a top down corporate policy to satisfy customers and has thus built a solid, loyal following.

I had a similiar experience with BMW when I experienced vibration in my old 735i some years back. Took it to a dealer and he decided that the driveshaft was the culprit and removed and replaced for $1200. Vibration remained and was later traced by another independant repair shop to a $40 tie rod end !!! Went back to the BMW service place, and their response was "it needed replacing anyway"... Needless to say, a couple of quick calls to BMW America got the situation resolved in a hurry, but I have never bought a BMW product since.

Contrast this to my recent experience with Audi. I had a head gasket leak on my A6 4.2 Quattro at 70,000 miles that damaged a cylinder. The car was 20,000 miles out of warranty. Audi recognized the prematurity of the failure and replaced the block and pistons, and BOTH heads free of charge. I added a water pump, and I essentially have a new engine at 70,000 miles. Audi in return, has an appreciative and loyal customer who never tires of relating this experience.

Porsche better check this concept of "its a priviledge to drive a porsche" because there's a ton of good choices out there.

Old 02-24-2004, 07:31 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"Needless to say, a couple of quick calls to BMW America got the situation resolved in a hurry, but I have never bought a BMW product since."

yep, i could tell it was "some years back". BMWNA is much worse now than even PCNA when it comes to doing something other than "take it up with your dealer".

Old 02-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Ray M is infamous around these parts
Sickening experience....even more so because it reminds me of all the torture I've been through with service departments.

(Particularly at the substandard BMW dealership in Hartford....where I too was banned!)

Screw 'em!

Old 02-24-2004, 08:15 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
i have been contacted by someone at SS and hope to clear this issue immediately. after speaking to both parties it is quite clear that the problems which arose have NOTHING to do with the service technicians competency. this is no surprise to me since i personally know that each tech at SS are very talented. something as simple as correcting a fuel gauge can be done as long as the tech is given the correct information. if a tech is not given the correct information on a workorder than it might be overlooked. now I don't know where the miscommunication was, perhaps the service mgr or perhaps the customer-who cares. the major issue here is the customer should not have been banned from the service of his vehicle and it should have been resolved before that action.

now that it is clearly understood this has nothing to do with the actual techs doing the work , the only way to resolve this is for the general mgr and the customer to discuss this. i believe that the gm of SS should speak to Rave and try to resolve this by correcting the parkbrake/fuel gauge problems and if need be keep the service mgr. out of it.
i am hoping to speak to both parties sometime today and have them contact one another to resolve this issue. it would make smart business sense for SS to just fix the problems and put this to an end...

Old 02-24-2004, 08:17 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
Here's what I find truly sad about Rave's account as well as other's accounts of similar circumstances - we must suffer through poor service and then we question whether we are the ones that are too picky or ****. Quite honestly, I've yet to find a dealer that I could truly say did a great job from top to bottom. Either the service was substandard or the car was not clean. It's always something, but I don't feel it's me or the rest of us. These companies set themselves up to be the best in the business and I've yet to find one that delivers with the exception of maybe Lexus. But, it's not just the automoble industry, it's many others, including my own. Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that all we can do is grin and bear it!

Old 02-24-2004, 08:18 AM
scott is infamous around these parts
What a crappy experience! There are some really good dealers out there though. I recently had my car serviced at Beechmont Porsche in Cincinnati during which time they discovered some faulty work done by Fred Baker Porsche in Cleveland. Eventhough the work done by FB was well over a year ago, they issued me a complete refund. I would highly recommend both of them as places to do business for you Ohioians.

Old 02-24-2004, 08:23 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by drbill
The only way to resolve this is for the general mgr and the customer to discuss this. i believe that the gm of SS should speak to Rave and try to resolve this.
He has my number, still waiting for a call.

Originally posted by ESK
I've come to the conclusion that all we can do is grin and bear it!
Forums like this gives us a voice and will slowly level the playing field, it is very easy to do research, 6speed, Rennlist and others make it very easy to look up a how to on a part change, this way you can read your bill with some Knowledge and see if you are being overcharged, not to mention spreading the word quickly, of good and BAD dealer experiences, they will come around when they see it is hurting their bottom line, which it will!
4300+ veiws!!

Last edited by Rave TT; 02-24-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:46 AM
topspn is infamous around these parts
DR BILL.....

I'm curious about something. Do you believe that SS has banned raveTT from future service due to his posting on 6speedonline, or for some other reason?

Regards

Old 02-24-2004, 08:53 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Re: DR BILL.....

Originally posted by topspn
I'm curious about something. Do you believe that SS has banned raveTT from future service due to his posting on 6speedonline, or for some other reason?

Regards
I was banned for a post in this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...5&pagenumber=1

Nothing else, I never raised my voice, or was rude to anyone there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I’ve been banned from Silver Star service!