996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I’ve been banned from Silver Star service!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 08:54 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by scott
What a crappy experience! There are some really good dealers out there though. I recently had my car serviced at Beechmont Porsche in Cincinnati during which time they discovered some faulty work done by Fred Baker Porsche in Cleveland. Eventhough the work done by FB was well over a year ago, they issued me a complete refund. I would highly recommend both of them as places to do business for you Ohioians.
I've heard really good things about Beechmont too...my wife and I went up there last year to look at an X50, and the sales guy was nothing but class, no pressure, and told us of the maximum factory discounts offered (which we already knew about)...

I've also heard their service dept is excellent...

Old 02-24-2004, 08:54 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Re: DR BILL.....

Originally posted by topspn
I'm curious about something. Do you believe that SS has banned raveTT from future service due to his posting on 6speedonline, or for some other reason?

Regards
I can only assume that when Rave called me immediately after the phone call from the service mgr at SS banning him from service it was due to the post on 6speed because he told me that she read the thread to him line by line and issued the ban.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by drbill
i have been contacted by someone at SS and hope to clear this issue immediately. after speaking to both parties it is quite clear that the problems which arose have NOTHING to do with the service technicians competency. this is no surprise to me since i personally know that each tech at SS are very talented. something as simple as correcting a fuel gauge can be done as long as the tech is given the correct information. if a tech is not given the correct information on a workorder than it might be overlooked.
Let me get this straight. The service writer and tech understood how to do all the cash work but forgot why the vehicle was there in the first place. She called several times to get more money from the customer but never fixed the original complaint. Then when all else fails, you throw the customer out of the shop.

As an owner of several dealerships, if I ever saw an employee throw a customer out for any reason, the employee would soon follow. The most important job of a service writer is to write a repair order that is clear and properly reflects the customers concerns. They failed at that. A great example of poor management.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Y65MPH
Let me get this straight. The service writer and tech understood how to do all the cash work but forgot why the vehicle was there in the first place. She called several times to get more money from the customer but never fixed the original complaint. Then when all else fails, you throw the customer out of the shop.

As an owner of several dealerships, if I ever saw an employee throw a customer out for any reason, the employee would soon follow. The most important job of a service writer is to write a repair order that is clear and properly reflects the customers concerns. They failed at that. A great example of poor management.
I don't think the tech was aware of all the issues, this a rep/management issue.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Rave:

I am guessing your repair order does not state anything about the gas guage, and only to install the CF. Correct?

Old 02-24-2004, 09:17 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Rave TT
I don't think the tech was aware of all the issues, this a rep/management issue.
in almost 20 years, not one time any of the techs at SS not fix my car. always corrected the problem. now if service mgr did not clearly inform tech of the exact problem to be fixed that is another issue altogether.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Miscommunication is not surprising. I would believe the tech wasn't told about the gas gauge problem. Never sounded to me as the techs were faulty...
The problem (the ban) remains though.
Actually .... seeing how they handle this (no replies, no phone calls) kinda gives a hint as to their communication talent ... needs improvement! lol

Old 02-24-2004, 10:17 AM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
I can't get over the amount of views this thread has. Rave if I were you I would let your attorney speak with them.

Old 02-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by jcramair1
Rave if I were you I would let your attorney speak with them.
... or vice versa!!! LMAO!!!

Old 02-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Artie (the GM), called me today we discussed all the issues and came to a compromise, glad to see it worked out in the end.

Old 02-24-2004, 05:29 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Rave TT
Over 2000 veiws in less than a day!!

I just remembered something else! I had a Champion license plate frame, they took it off and put a Silver Star one on, without even asking me, that is some nerve.
The 10 miserable years I spent as a lawyer makes me fairly confident that's theft - call the police...

Old 02-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Happy Now?
It's done, SS and I have worked things out, no need to keep this event active.

Last edited by Rave TT; 02-24-2004 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:52 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
That is good to hear, but did anyone get fired? Details Details.

Old 02-24-2004, 05:53 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
do you mind to share how they solved the problem? we are abit curious here...

Old 02-24-2004, 06:05 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by DEETZ
do you mind to share how they solved the problem? we are abit curious here...
I am sure they made the customer whole, end of story. No further need for elaboration. Time for this thread to fade away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I’ve been banned from Silver Star service!