996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Deleted Thread, Requested Post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:07 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Craig, Im only going to speculate.... But I recall you running alot more then 1.5 bars prior to ur headwork I believe.... just like Sharky.... his low boost was 1.5 bars...(22 psi)
There was also a recent thread about one gt700 customer that hooked up a delfi analog guage and saw 1.6 to 1.8 bar bars constant on pump gas... he got scared... and I don't think he was one of those special gt700 customers that requested higher boost... if he was he would not start the thread about it... apparently the Zenor diode installed in the ecu fools the cluster boost reading thus assuming that one is running 1 bar for example.. but in reality its reading 1.5+ bars...
Protomotive 700 hp cars run 1.35 bars MAX.
So like you said.. some Evoms cars are running HIGH boost.... some not...
I would rather compare stock internal tuning packages... and it seems liek Evoms is pushing at least 1.5 bars on the gt700s vs. Protomotives 700 hp car which is running 1.35 bars(on race gas only).... 1.1 to 1.2 bars on 93 octane max.
Maybe we can get some input from a couple of gt700 owners.. if they only would hook up a analog boost guage... that would truly tell the story....
again IM only speculating and comparing... like I always do... no harm intended... It's OK to disagree..

markski
Hearing all of this makes me scared for a friend, he said he's seeing 28-29 psi in his GT700, race gas though?????

Old 12-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Hearing all of this makes me scared for a friend, he said he's seeing 28-29 psi in his GT700, race gas though?????
Martin - are you positive he said 29 psi? That's 2 BAR for godsakes!

Old 12-31-2006, 02:17 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Is that car in New york?I don't know if that is even possible on a 700.I believe the computer will shut it down past 1.6 bar as it does on my car now!If the owners are touching waste gates, well maybe .

Old 12-31-2006, 02:21 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Scott I am POSITIVE, its Suman (Highhats) member on here, he got gret numbers on the dyno and was excited, said guess how much I'm boosting, and said 28-29 psi. At first I'm like damm that's crazy god numbers, then realized WTF, that's a scary amount of boost on stock internals wow. Joe he's in Jersey....

Old 12-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Is that car in New york?I don't know if that is even possible on a 700.I believe the computer will shut it down past 1.6 bar as it does on my car now!If the owners are touching waste gates, well maybe .
Joe, have you seen this thread?

These GT700 owners are claiming 1.6 BAR on pump and 1.8 BAR on race gas using defi-gauges while there OEM dash gauges are only showing 1.2 BAR. Highhats (Suman) says he hit 1.6 BAR while his OEM gauge was still only showing a flat 1.0 BAR.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hlight=1.3+bar

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-31-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joetwint
I believe Viscious makes a valid point here.Whether it be a NA high compression motor or a low compression turbo motor or a combination of both it all comes down to cylinder pressure.Alex's motor making about the same hp but at a higher boost level is not a really bad thing as long as his turbos aren't out of their efficiency range.In fact, I would bet it makes torque earlier as a result of him having a little more restrictive head and cam setup while spinning less rpms.Just different in my opinion and looking at the boost pressure alone is not the tell all end all!
Cylinder pressure is directly related to boost. Saying that boost does not create HP (or torque ) is nonsense. I am measuring and comparing maximum torque, which is irrelevent from RPMs or how soon the torque is built. I just said that the difference in TORQUE dyno readings between two close engines clearly denotes an issue with this chassis dyno (Mark's numbers) vs. engine dyno (Alex numbers). At best the difference in airflow (VE/BSAC, or how much air is needed to produce 1HP/min)between the 2 engines can be 10%, and that is way optimistic...which means that torque should be within 10% of each other.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Jag,
It is my very vague understanding that certain of EVOMS' programs essentially "trick" the ECU into thinking the boost is lower than it actually is, in order to prevent TB shut down. With these programs, the OEM boost guage will read lower than the actual boost (at full boost). The Defi guage will be accurate. My car has such a program. I do not know whether the GT700 prgram operates this way (or your prgram in particular).
Craig
Ps: Thats a lota boost for stock internals.
what is interesting is that the gt700+ cars in AZ seem all to be running 1.3/4 bars yet most of the other gt700+ cars outside of AZ seem to be running +++1.5 bars... ????
maybe its colder in NY or Washington and the atmospheric pressure has something to do with it?
it would only make sense... either way is it correct? not according to to Evoms... So why is it happening?
Thew whole discussion was about the assumption that Evoms runs more boost to produce the same results as other tuners(Proto for example). Craig disputes it and Im not suggesting he is wrong... what I am asking is why some guys were running 1.6 to 1.8 bars of boost on gt700s... and they didn't even know about it...
The only way to really know is to hook up an external guage...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 12-31-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Jean
Cylinder pressure is directly related to boost. Saying that boost does not create HP (or torque ) is nonsense. I am measuring and comparing maximum torque, which is irrelevent from RPMs or how soon the torque is built. I just said that the difference in TORQUE dyno readings between two close engines clearly denotes an issue with this chassis dyno (Mark's numbers) vs. engine dyno (Alex numbers). At best the difference in airflow (VE/BSAC, or how much air is needed to produce 1HP/min)between the 2 engines can be 10%, and that is way optimistic...which means that torque should be within 10% of each other.
Jean,

Remember our long-standing debate about how much power K16's can make? Did you happen to notice Todd's post regarding it?

Originally Posted by TRK
A k16/24 can make right around 600hp, but it takes about 1.5 bar to get there.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-01-2007 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:17 PM
I can also attest K16's are nowhere near maxed at 510-550 hp! I guess it all depends on your setup, tuning, car or just luck!

Old 12-31-2006, 03:56 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Markski and VR both use GT35 turbos. GT35 turbos will produce more HP than GT30 turbos at the same boost level (or the same HP with less boost), hence the significantly increased efficiency. This is why I previously opined that comparing GT35 cars with GT30 cars is somewhat misleading, as they will inherently have different boost/HP/efficiency characteristics.

That being said, I am the least knowledgeable of anyone posting in this thread, so take my naive comments for what they are (and are not).

Craig
No question is a naive question. I thought one of the guys recently said his GT700 was utilizing GT35 turbo's. If so it appears he has a restriction as the turbo's potential isn't being utilized.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
No question is a naive question. I thought one of the guys recently said his GT700 was utilizing GT35 turbo's. If so it appears he has a restriction as the turbo's potential isn't being utilized.
I am not aware of any GT700 using GT35s. Rather, the GT700 uses a GT28 compressor.

Craig

Old 12-31-2006, 04:13 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Scott I am POSITIVE, its Suman (Highhats) member on here, he got gret numbers on the dyno and was excited, said guess how much I'm boosting, and said 28-29 psi. At first I'm like damm that's crazy god numbers, then realized WTF, that's a scary amount of boost on stock internals wow. Joe he's in Jersey....
Read here:

Originally Posted by Highhats
Now rememeber my 585 whp was at 93 pctane. I was making 640whp at 100 octane program with a cycle. So I called my buddy who dynoed the car he said sustained boost of 21.5 lbs not 23 lbs and 24 lbs on 100 octane that might sound a little better to you guys but Im still boost 1.5bars.
-Suman

Old 12-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by SCM3
Read here:
Ok great, but i talk to him every day. He just told me this a week ago not even, after he did a few more things. All he is running is race gas now and re-dyno'd it, he put down 690whp!

Old 12-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
I was supposedly running the old GT700 software, and my car was boosting 1.5 1.6 bar. That being said my car was not a true 700 because I did not have injectors and few other goodies that come with the gt 700. Sharkey recently told me that the gt700 is very different now and comes with more stuff. Carlos who purchased my car has since adjusted the wastegates in hopes of getting the boost down.I think next summer he plans to switch everything out to Protomotive but I have not spoken to him recently.

Old 12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Ok great, but i talk to him every day. He just told me this a week ago not even, after he did a few more things. All he is running is race gas now and re-dyno'd it, he put down 690whp!
Then he must have altered the kit himself or added more boost on purpose. He did run good numbers with the kit at good boost levels, maybe he just wanted more?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Deleted Thread, Requested Post