996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Considering a 996T (x50) next to my 933 TT, Requesting a ride in northern NJ.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Midcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud of
Considering a 996T (x50) next to my 933 TT, Requesting a ride in northern NJ.

First let me say this is a great forum, extremely entertaining and I've been reading it regularly for some time, but have not had a lot of reasons to post.
I especially love the off topic and the 996TT forum.

Anyway, I've just sold my e46 m3 cab and I'm considering, among others, a 996TT, possibly x50 as my next daily driver. I'd like to experience one on a proper suspension (my m3 was lowered on eibachs--****ty I know but better then stock), in hardtop form and perhaps at least flashed if possible. I have driven my uncles 05 S cab but it is stock and a cab is quite a bit different then a coupe.

I'm also considering a 997 S cab, a Cayman or Boxster S or an M5. All different I know but #of seats is not really an issue though I wouldn’t mind having a back seat in the near future for my now 8 mo. old son. These are just the cars that appeal to me right now (a 997 gt3 notwithstanding).

So I'm in northern NJ 10 minutes north of the GWB. If anybody in the area might be able to take me for a spin I would really appreciate it. I'll meet you wherever/whenever.

My mother always told me to bring something to a party and I wanted to put up a quick picture of my 993, but I'm getting an error message even though the size is ok. It's a 97', black on black sport seats, red belts, carbon fiber dash, aluminum shift, ebrake and gauges and 19" RUF wheels, which are now being powerdercoated black with a polished outer. Bought with 14k miles now just over 25. Heres a link to a picture online:
http://picasaweb.google.com/joshepst...30053203323122

Thanks in advance guys.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I am about an hour and forty five minutes south, right outside Philly. I am sure someone closer will step up, but if not, I have a 2002 non X50, but it has the GIAC flash, dv's, and short shifter.

Kevin

Old 12-31-2006, 04:54 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Im assuming you are keeping your 993TT and getting another car if i read this right correct? If so, your making an awesome choice

Now, there are several cars on the market, modified and clean as hell for an amazing price. There are also TONS of members with modifed Porsche's/Turbo's in the Jersey/Tri State area.

Controlit (Mark) is actually selling his black 02 turbo with basically what you want done in Jersey, im sure you can get a ride in that.

Goodluck!

Martin

Old 12-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Midcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kevinw23
I am about an hour and forty five minutes south, right outside Philly. I am sure someone closer will step up, but if not, I have a 2002 non X50, but it has the GIAC flash, dv's, and short shifter.

Kevin
Kevin, I have an office just north of Cherry Hill that I'm at once a week or so, might work. Thanks
Josh

Old 12-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Im assuming you are keeping your 993TT and getting another car if i read this right correct? If so, your making an awesome choice

Now, there are several cars on the market, modified and clean as hell for an amazing price. There are also TONS of members with modifed Porsche's/Turbo's in the Jersey/Tri State area.

Controlit (Mark) is actually selling his black 02 turbo with basically what you want done in Jersey, im sure you can get a ride in that.

Goodluck!

Martin
Thats the plan, the 993 isn't going anywhere, ever.
I've seen Marks car through 6speed and it is an awesome car, but I'm definatly going to be looking for silver. Two black 911 turbos is a bit much and a bit much to keep clean.
My ideal car would car be a silver on black, x50 with sport seats. A lot of cars out there have supple which is just not for me. I can see changing out the standard front seats for something ftermarket (although i would want recline for access to the back) but i don't know if its reasonable to go about switching out supple rears.

Old 12-31-2006, 05:31 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Midcont
Thats the plan, the 993 isn't going anywhere, ever.
I've seen Marks car through 6speed and it is an awesome car, but I'm definatly going to be looking for silver. Two black 911 turbos is a bit much and a bit much to keep clean.
My ideal car would car be a silver on black, x50 with sport seats. A lot of cars out there have supple which is just not for me. I can see changing out the standard front seats for something ftermarket (although i would want recline for access to the back) but i don't know if its reasonable to go about switching out supple rears.
Ok cool, yea i was just telling you about a few cars or members that have suspension work and ecu done so you can get a feel for it, like you asked

Ok man goodluck, BTW your 993TT is so nice!

Martin

Old 12-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
"silver on black, x50 with sport seats" exactly what I was I was looking for last year.

You have good taste

Old 12-31-2006, 08:55 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
If you want to pay top dollar for a perfect example, check out the one RPM Sports Cars has. I have no affiliation with them, but it's where I would go if I was in the market for a perfect car.

http://rpmsportscars.com/door5.htm

You have a beautiful 993TT by the way!

Old 12-31-2006, 09:03 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Come to my shop in Bloomfield and I would be happy to give you a ride

Old 01-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by vipertestarossa
Come to my shop in Bloomfield and I would be happy to give you a ride
perfecto, thank you sir, pm sent

Old 01-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Lot Rent is infamous around these parts
I am in CT about an hour from GWB right off 95. I have an 02TT with k24 turbos techart ecu and exhaust. Let me know if you want to come up for a ride.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:13 PM
TDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really nice
I live 14 miles from the GWB. GIve me a call ( I will pm you my #.
Todd