996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

silversurfer's incredible RUF does a 60-130 run!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:20 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
How is does that car weigh 3800 lbs?
Big *** TBs
Seriously that was the weight I gathered for a Vin Ruf w/ Intergreted roll cage .

What impressed me most when driving this car was the smooth acceleration and how extraordinarily stabled it was at speed above 130mph.

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-01-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:27 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wihaR32tt
Moot point, but VR's time is a bit faster than that... (EDIT: well, in "kill" mode at least)
Lets not forget this Ruf engine is stock....With the performance number and power curve that may exceeds the RT-12 650hp engine.

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-01-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:32 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Just to put in perspective what a 7.42 sec 60-130 run equates to in real life, I ran some of my own VBOX data on my 7.93 sec 60-130run...I retested the data ,but inserted a data point at 7.42 secs for distance. Keep in mind my UMW STG2 ZC ran 11.5 at 128.2 in the quarter mile and dynoed 512AWHP/565AWTQ on a Mustang dyno. SilverSurfer would leave me, 11.5 at 128mph, an estimated 100+ feet behind. in less than 7.5 sec..And he is only running 1 bar, I was 1.25 bar....WOW...Kevin

Old 01-01-2007, 02:44 PM
wihaR32tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Lets not forget this Ruf engine is stock....With the performance number and power curve that may exceeds the RT-12 650hp engine.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear... The list posted has VR's car at a 5.9x 60-130, however I know he has done a better time (got a graph of it). Regardless, that modded Ruf flies!

Oh, and Vincent, enjoy that GT2... you lucky bastard .

Old 01-01-2007, 03:01 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KPG
And he is only running 1 bar, I was 1.25 bar....WOW...Kevin
You're making it very tempting for me to go out and try some of my other programs. muah hah hahah ha

Old 01-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by silversurfer
You're making it very tempting for me to go out and try some of my other programs. muah hah hahah ha
Ben

Get some fat tires, loose some weights and load up the 1.3 bar program.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:03 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
At yesterday's Porsche meet in Seattle, silversurfer aka Ben brought his awesome RUF RTurbo newly modified by a local tuner.
Thanks for the info , that's amazing..

Fronts are steel rotors with PCCB calipers. Rears will soon be matching. Just had ordered wrong part #'s. I call it the Ronald McDonald Ruf

Congrats on the numbers wow... btw do you have any runs on your base R550 setup? amazing car "I vant it"lol

Old 01-01-2007, 03:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Wow very impressive on pump and IF the weight s really hovering around 3800, lighten that damm car up

Congrats, car is a beauty! I am so glad stuck wth Seal Grey, such an amzing color.

Martin

BTW Kev, does Tom still have the box? I didnt get to call him. Im going to need it for next weekend, going to run my turbo vs the GT2 and with the box in both

Last edited by iLLM3; 01-01-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:32 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
What else can I do for weight reduction besides seats, battery, etc? I'm not interested in changing out body panels or anything too extreme. I'm planning on taking the UMWRTurbo on a few more road rallies and I need most of its modern conveniences.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:41 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
What else can I do for weight reduction besides seats, battery, etc? I'm not interested in changing out body panels or anything too extreme. I'm planning on taking the UMWRTurbo on a few more road rallies and I need most of its modern conveniences.
Yea of course i understand hmm.. I find it very hard to believe its anywhere NEAR that weight to be honest. My 01 with no sunroof and stock seats was light as hell, i didnt weigh it like a moron, but you could feel it from a cab or newer model turbo that i have driven. I believe mine was one of the lightest of the bunch, when i go to dyno my GT2 i'll bring along the new owner of my car, which has became a friend of mine and we will weigh it, im curious!

Old 01-01-2007, 04:00 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Congrats on those numbers, they would be much more impressive with more boost , 1.24-1.3 . ..cant wait for mine, Enjoy!

Old 01-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by topgun
Congrats on those numbers, they would be much more impressive with more boost , 1.24-1.3 . ..cant wait for mine, Enjoy!
Tom you still have the box?? I want to use it probably next weekend, let me know if you are free if you want to go for a few runs

Have a Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone in my 6speed fam!

Martin

Old 01-01-2007, 04:32 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3

BTW Kev, does Tom still have the box? I didnt get to call him. Im going to need it for next weekend, going to run my turbo vs the GT2 and with the box in both
Martin, he has his own now... Give him a call. Kevin

Old 01-01-2007, 04:38 PM
KPG
What else can I do for weight reduction besides seats
You must still be weighed down with all that extra cash left over.... I know it is priced quite competitively with the competition... Kevin

Old 01-01-2007, 04:55 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Yea of course i understand hmm.. I find it very hard to believe its anywhere NEAR that weight to be honest. My 01 with no sunroof and stock seats was light as hell, i didnt weigh it like a moron, but you could feel it from a cab or newer model turbo that i have driven. I believe mine was one of the lightest of the bunch, when i go to dyno my GT2 i'll bring along the new owner of my car, which has became a friend of mine and we will weigh it, im curious!
My 2001 Ruf Rturbo weighed in at 3,642 with 1/4 tank of fuel when being corner balanced. My GT2 with 1/2 tank of fuel, roll bar and steel brake discs (no PCCB's) weighed in at 3286.

So take the 2001 and add a normal size driver and you are over 3800 lbs.

JCM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: silversurfer's incredible RUF does a 60-130 run!