996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any pictures of VRAlexander's incredible 1000+ hp 996TT

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:32 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by O-Ace
I'll call you...we'll set something up for this week sometime. My car is gonna get CRUSHED
Wait til the end of next week....Mark has FedEX incoming Kevin

Old 01-02-2007, 06:35 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
If I get my clutch changed(evo 8) b4 that I want to video tape that race...

how did u liek the fun ride in Williams car?
William's car is badass! And he is the one of nicest guys I've met. I drove the car on the highway in New Jersey...WOW, what a ride. My X50 feels slow as hell now LOL. What surprised me was how smooth the car is. It retained the stock characteristics of the X50 but with a lot more power throughout the RPM range. And there's even less lag, full boost comes on very quickly. Overall, a very impressive ride and I'm very glad I got to test it out. A BIG Thanks to William if he reads this

-Awais

Old 01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KPG
Wait til the end of next week....Mark has FedEX incoming Kevin
Oh God...what's coming now. I'm gonna have to call Mark now Btw, sorry we couldn't meet up. I was in NYC. Let me know next time you're in town.

-Awais

P.S. sorry for hijacking the thread.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:02 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I cant wait to meet up with Will, i still havent been in his damm car! We will have a little comparo

Old 01-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
MArtin,

Will drove 90 minutes to NY just to meet Awais for a few minutes....
He is a cool guy and if anyone deserves what a k24/18g feels liek it's you
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-02-2007, 10:33 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
MArtin,

Will drove 90 minutes to NY just to meet Awais for a few minutes....
He is a cool guy and if anyone deserves what a k24/18g feels liek it's you
markski
LOL everytime i went to meet up he left so damm early , blah. I'll get in touch with him soon!

Old 01-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
LOL everytime i went to meet up he left so damm early , blah. I'll get in touch with him soon!
that's what happens when you have a family LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-03-2007, 01:29 PM
BlownSLK55 is infamous around these parts
I am sure VRs car is VERY fast indeed but I wish to chime in with a point? I've seen & raced that guy in the 350Z ("Eye 1" plate in the 2nd vid). He pulled up next to me & my wife on Bascom Ave one night (right off of Hwy 85/17 area where these vids are taking place - very close to my house). He kept taunting my RX-7 until I had enough & decided to run him. I pulled
"Eye 1" 3 times from about 15 - 80 mph (~ 3 cars?...it was about a year ago so I'm a little fuzzy if it was 3 or 4 cars?). In any case, that Z was quick but not 740 rwhp quick! I'm only putting down ~400 rwhp & I pulled him without too much trouble. I think that guy is lying to Alexander on how much power his Z is putting down (FWIW, he did seem pretty cocky when trying to get me to run him). When I raced him, his Z seemed to be a mid/low 12 sec car?

It takes mucho money & time to extract big power out of that 3.5L Nissan motor. The most I've seen is 624 rwhp (had a fully built race engine running 24 psi on C16.....~500 rwhp on 93 octane)? Most blown 350Z cars put down ~ 360 rwhp.

That "Eye 1" guy is funny. After pulling him a few times my wife & I chuckled a bit & said he needed to change his plate to, "I lost". I guess he just likes to race people in his Z a lot - nothing wrong with that if nobody is around. It was a nice/quick Z car, just didn't have anywere near the power he apparently is telling people? See ya.

-Matt

Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by BlownSLK55
I am sure VRs car is VERY fast indeed but I wish to chime in with a point? I've seen & raced that guy in the 350Z ("Eye 1" plate in the 2nd vid). He pulled up next to me & my wife on Bascom Ave one night (right off of Hwy 85/17 area where these vids are taking place - very close to my house). He kept taunting my RX-7 until I had enough & decided to run him. I pulled
"Eye 1" 3 times from about 15 - 80 mph (~ 3 cars?...it was about a year ago so I'm a little fuzzy if it was 3 or 4 cars?). In any case, that Z was quick but not 740 rwhp quick! I'm only putting down ~400 rwhp & I pulled him without too much trouble. I think that guy is lying to Alexander on how much power his Z is putting down (FWIW, he did seem pretty cocky when trying to get me to run him). When I raced him, his Z seemed to be a mid/low 12 sec car?

It takes mucho money & time to extract big power out of that 3.5L Nissan motor. The most I've seen is 624 rwhp (had a fully built race engine running 24 psi on C16.....~500 rwhp on 93 octane)? Most blown 350Z cars put down ~ 360 rwhp.

That "Eye 1" guy is funny. After pulling him a few times my wife & I chuckled a bit & said he needed to change his plate to, "I lost". I guess he just likes to race people in his Z a lot - nothing wrong with that if nobody is around. It was a nice/quick Z car, just didn't have anywere near the power he apparently is telling people? See ya.

-Matt
Matt you are right, it is very hard to extract from those motors, i know people who TT'd their VQ's and blew 2-3 BUILT motors, ive been in the scene awhile cause of my G35.

These guys have the fastest VQ equipped cars and fastest 350z's

www.theexperience.com

Old 01-03-2007, 02:00 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by BlownSLK55

-Matt
I have been wanting to race him ever since he said that he beat Sharkey and bragged about it everywhere...when we did race he arrived ready with race gas and his entire camera crew. He was very respectful towards me before and after the race...he did say that they just finished his 'new' engine and it laid down 740hp with race gas... I does'nt matter anymore because after that night he SOLD THE Z AND PURCHASED A 996tt ....

Last edited by VRAlexander; 01-03-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
When we raced he arrived ready with race gas and his entire camera crew. He was very respectful towards me before and after the race...he did say that they just finished his 'new' engine and it laid down 740hp with race gas... I does'nt matter anymore because after that night he SOLD THE Z AND PURCHASED A 996tt ....
Converting all car people into Porsche people huh Alex?

Old 01-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
I have been wanting to race him ever since he said that he beat Sharkey and bragged about it everywhere...when we did race he arrived ready with race gas and his entire camera crew. He was very respectful towards me before and after the race...he did say that they just finished his 'new' engine and it laid down 740hp with race gas... I does'nt matter anymore because after that night he SOLD THE Z AND PURCHASED A 996tt ....
Hmm, thanks! Seems he put a new motor in the car since that night a year ago when he kept pestering me!

He was "bragging" he pulled Sharky? He sounds like a kid (I just don't get it when people get so cocky over a friendly Hwy pull). In any case, I'm glad to hear you smoked him! 624 rwhp is the most I've seen on those 3.5L (but I'm no expert - I guess he was able to get another ~120 rwhp out of it).

Maybe he's not a bad guy - he got a 996 TT & you did say he was respectful/nice before & after the race. Again, congrats on the WIN.

-Matt

Old 01-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Matt you are right, it is very hard to extract from those motors, i know people who TT'd their VQ's and blew 2-3 BUILT motors, ive been in the scene awhile cause of my G35.

These guys have the fastest VQ equipped cars and fastest 350z's

www.theexperience.com
The site is under construction - oh well. I was thinking about putting a Stillen blower on my G35x - heard anything bad about a blower solution (ie reliability issues?). Thanks.

-Matt

Old 01-03-2007, 08:17 PM
VRAlexander
I am not shure about the true HP of his Z...all I can report is what he told me that night....then again I did say that my car had 415hp stock with some bolt ons ...that night was about avenging Sharky...I did'nt care what was under his hood or how many NOS bottles where in the hatch...
Roger (6speed member who filmed) was with me and he did say that Merin is usually very cocky....not that night....we spoke on the phone several times after and I have nothing bad to say about him....very nice and respectful individual...

Old 01-03-2007, 08:59 PM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
He wasnt cocky because he knew he got lucky against Sharkey when he jumped the honks. He was going to get runover on the top end, not to mention a blue Z06 that nearly rear ended him the first time he ran Sharkey (and this is out of the mouths of one of his own buddies). Then he refused to race again, despite myself and Roger going out there on more than one occasion. Wish I had been there for the race with Alex. Having received a dose of Protomotive Medicine a few weeks earlier, I wanted to watch the blood bath.

When he ran Sharkey, he made 560ish rwhp, and then turned the wick up and made 715rwhp that I know off, may have gone higher.

If he had trouble with a 400ish rwhp SLK, then he wasnt at high boost. That much I can guarantee. Quick car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Any pictures of VRAlexander's incredible 1000+ hp 996TT