996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Track Tire Reviews, Comparison

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Well because of you I am trying them as my next set, which should be soon!!

HeavyChevy, I am jealous at your location near Road Atlanta, lucky guy. But a spare set of wheels would be as cheap as a set of extra tires.
Get you car set up and we will meet up in the spring!!

Chuck, motons, 19's. and PS2 havent seen that combo before. Is that just your street setup?? curious cause just went to motons myself, but 95% track driven car. Are you having trouble with the motons or the tires? thanks, tom
I love living near Road Atlanta because it doesnt matter what tires I have I can drive the couple of miles it takes to get there on small roads. I went to the Petit Lemans last year and was in AWE, never had so much fun sitting by myself and spectating, I fell asleep there in the stands woke up and kept watching .

My car will be ready by the spring, I will most likely be on the Hoosiers at that point, JIC, Brake Fluids, Brake Vents are what I plan for this season along with trying some track tires out. I also will get a lighter battery which couple with the seats, removing the back seats and spare and RWD would save me about 250 lbs.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Which LW battery are you going with??

Old 01-04-2007, 08:02 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Which LW battery are you going with??
Dunno yet, havent gotten to that part of the research yet. What's popular? I might go with the one Tom advises.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:03 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Dunno yet, havent gotten to that part of the research yet. What's popular? I might go with the one Tom advises.
I dont know, i figure i'll add it to the GT2, i mean there's not much you can lighten up on that car without going all out crazy like Grussell

Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
well you are so close to the track you know my choice........

Old 01-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
zippy, can you elaborate more?

1st, i'm assuming these were 18"s w/ your current JIC suspension?
Yes. 18" BBS MS, JIC, GT3 SB F&R.

2nd, did the car hydroplane at all? or less than you expected?
The car didn't hydroplane at all. The tread depth on the RA1s are quite deep, particularly compared to MPSC. I wasn't pushing the car hard in the cold/wet. I figured the tires would slide like crazy. They were much better than I ever expected. That being said, I'm sure other tires (non-R compounds) would be better in the wet. I'm not sure if other R compounds would be better. These are the only R compounds I've ever had on my car, so I have no way to really compair.

i have Motons and 19" 315 PS2's and the car is downright scary in the rain. i need to find something better; if i can get a stickier tire and improved wet traction, i'm all ears.
Sorry, I've never had PS2s. I would assume a new set of PS2s would have to be better in the wet though.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tom kerr
well you are so close to the track you know my choice........

Tom,
I am looking for a weight-saving battery for my TT. It will be mostly a street car with several auto-x and DE events thrown in to try to learn to drive it. I am in the Atlanta area, so CCA won't be a big factor. With that data in mind, what would be your recommendation?

Thanks,

Al