996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kreis-Sieg Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:52 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Shark01
They were faxed to me when I was considering a killer deal on a used one ($4000). Don't have them anymore. The runs were done in both open and close position. Go to Ferrari chat 348/355 forum and do a search. There was a great discussion on this about 3 months ago which included input from a famous Japanese tuner confirming all of this.
thanks man, that's great intel from you guys. y'all saved me a G already :-)

Old 01-06-2007, 05:11 PM
MyPCar is infamous around these parts
I would get the exhaust. I've heard it and it's amazing. It would be my first choice.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't a freer flowing exhaust run LEANER? Perhaps when going to straight pipe mode, the lean condition results in timing being pulled. This would reduce HP.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:03 PM
chenshan is a jewel in the roughchenshan is a jewel in the roughchenshan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
Is anyone on here running the Kreis-Sieg exhaust system?
I had it for my E46 M3 and it was nothing short of insane. The workmanship on it is stellar, truly a work of art, and the valve system was a really cool feature - and with the M3 anyway (which has a unique sounding engine to it anyway) it really was an F1 sounding exhaust when you hit the 'F1' button...a bit too much sometimes, but that is what was so cool about it - just hit the button and its tame again (well more tame anyway). Anyway I wasn't as impressed with the sound of it for the 996TT and figured the novelty wasnt really worth the extra grand or so over the Miltek (which I had on my S4 and is a good system), but then I was looking at the setup again the other night and realized that for this car the valve system actually routes around the cats...so basically a cat bypass at the touch of a button.
That feature is likely to pull 5k out my pocket, so I was just wanting to see if anyone on here has checked it out in person yet or better yet has been running it for a while.
TIA

---
d_villain
I got one on mine for months. It is so great that no other pipe can be better.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I heard that about almost every exhaust. Really! Somehow the E46 M3 was very difficult to get more power out of...

Originally Posted by O-Ace
I don't know how this system is for the 996TT, but on the M3, this exhaust actually managed to REDUCE hp on the dyno. That alone is enough for me to stay away from it, especially when other proven/tested options like Europipe, AWE, Milltek, and Fabspeed are available.

-Awais

Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 AM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ari
I heard that about almost every exhaust. Really! Somehow the E46 M3 was very difficult to get more power out of...
I read of some issues on other cars as well (Lambos, etc), but you're right, it is very hard to extract more power out of the e46 M3.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
A posting I can actually add value to!

I have had Cargraphic, Europipe and now the Keis-Seig. I was lucky enough to buy the titanium version used and saved $10K -

#1 - no resonance - sounds a little throater than OEM but certainly less than either Cargraphic and Europipe. Because there is more restriction, definitely less HP. But I am able to leave at 4 am without setting off car alarms and waking up the neighborhood.

#2 - staight pipe - just like the guys with straight pipes will tell you - it's a ROAR, more power than any sane person could ever want, and lag is reduced to nothing. I have the pipes open 90% of the time.

I would think that cutoffs on an OEM set up would be the next best thing. Or probably better because of the cost savings.

I did have one problem - the vacuum hose was installed to close to the pipes and it melted. Cost $50 to fix.

I'll make a mpeg of them this weekend and post.

PM with any questions.

Last edited by Ken; 03-21-2007 at 11:23 AM.