996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kreis-Sieg Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:51 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Kreis-Sieg Exhaust?

Is anyone on here running the Kreis-Sieg exhaust system?
I had it for my E46 M3 and it was nothing short of insane. The workmanship on it is stellar, truly a work of art, and the valve system was a really cool feature - and with the M3 anyway (which has a unique sounding engine to it anyway) it really was an F1 sounding exhaust when you hit the 'F1' button...a bit too much sometimes, but that is what was so cool about it - just hit the button and its tame again (well more tame anyway). Anyway I wasn't as impressed with the sound of it for the 996TT and figured the novelty wasnt really worth the extra grand or so over the Miltek (which I had on my S4 and is a good system), but then I was looking at the setup again the other night and realized that for this car the valve system actually routes around the cats...so basically a cat bypass at the touch of a button.
That feature is likely to pull 5k out my pocket, so I was just wanting to see if anyone on here has checked it out in person yet or better yet has been running it for a while.
TIA

---
d_villain

Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I wouldnt get it, it sounds like any other exhaust or straight pipe for the turbo's. its cool that it can open up right after the turbo and dump out, but you can save alot of money and do an exhaust cutout it that's what you wanted

Old 01-04-2007, 12:54 AM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
People say cutouts seize though due to excessive heat.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:56 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cpu77
LOL yea i told people that, and its true. BUT i said its always an option, there are several valves on the market, one could be better than the other, who knows.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
d_villain,

PM member "Ken".

He has the Kreis-sieg system on his 996TT. He has had it for a while.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cpu77
I assume the cutout is a valve system like what the kreissieg exhaust does? I know that the company dramatically changed their valve design for the M3 version of the exhaust from gen1 to gen2 due to the valve seizing on the boosted cars...the one I had was a pretty burly valve.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
I assume the cutout is a valve system like what the kreissieg exhaust does? I know that the company dramatically changed their valve design for the M3 version of the exhaust from gen1 to gen2 due to the valve seizing on the boosted cars...the one I had was a pretty burly valve.
Yes, very similar design except they are using like a sport muffler on top of a valve that opens up. Doing it with an aftermarket valve enables you to use it with stock exhaust or aftermarket, they made a new one btw??

Old 01-04-2007, 07:44 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
I don't know how this system is for the 996TT, but on the M3, this exhaust actually managed to REDUCE hp on the dyno. That alone is enough for me to stay away from it, especially when other proven/tested options like Europipe, AWE, Milltek, and Fabspeed are available.

-Awais

Old 01-04-2007, 08:28 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by O-Ace
I don't know how this system is for the 996TT, but on the M3, this exhaust actually managed to REDUCE hp on the dyno. That alone is enough for me to stay away from it, especially when other proven/tested options like Europipe, AWE, Milltek, and Fabspeed are available.

-Awais
I remember reading about this problem. Did you ever pinpoint that it was the exhuast Awais? I can't see how this can happen unless poorly setup. I've really only heard of certain ECU remaps reducing power but never an exhaust, but that would be interesting if it were the case, since it has the best sound hands down.

To the OP, do you have any pictures of the exhaust and the F1 button installed?

Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
I believe exhaust was part of the problem, but not the only problem on that car. It was setup all wrong with the cams and tuning. But I've heard of similar issues on Lamborghinis and Ferraris running the Kreissieg. I don't know...I guess for that much money, I just wouldn't take a chance.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:36 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
I believe exhaust was part of the problem, but not the only problem on that car. It was setup all wrong with the cams and tuning. But I've heard of similar issues on Lamborghinis and Ferraris running the Kreissieg. I don't know...I guess for that much money, I just wouldn't take a chance.
Hmm. Well relative to the other E46 exhaust options, it is definitely the most expensive but not to a 996tt owner looking at exhaust options. I would say its right on schedule at $5k.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 PM
I hadn't heard that, seems odd that an exhaust that is that straightforward could cause a power loss...do you know if that was in both modes or just 'quiet', cause in the quiet mode I may buy it cause god knows what they are doing with the routing of that exhaust stream, and obviously the exhaust has to go the one direction and get cut off before getting routed through the muffler, but in the F1 mode it wouldnt make as much sense as it is a much more clean path. Not that it means anything, but they did have a dyno sheet for the M3 that showed some gains...
On the turbo it seems like it would be pretty hard to lose power with a good flowing exhaust and the bypass looks like it is almost just a straight pipe.

But I hear you, a grand extra when there are other proven options might not be worth it.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
I don't know how this system is for the 996TT, but on the M3, this exhaust actually managed to REDUCE hp on the dyno.
Yep, this is true for the TT and Lambo as well, according to the dyno sheets I saw in 2005.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Shark01
Yep, this is true for the TT and Lambo as well, according to the dyno sheets I saw in 2005.
Wow, that is crazy, I would be curious to see those dyno sheets if anyone has a link or something.
Any idea what mode the exhaust was in on the dyno pulls?

Old 01-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
They were faxed to me when I was considering a killer deal on a used one ($4000). Don't have them anymore. The runs were done in both open and close position. Go to Ferrari chat 348/355 forum and do a search. There was a great discussion on this about 3 months ago which included input from a famous Japanese tuner confirming all of this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kreis-Sieg Exhaust?