996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf RT12, LP 640, Saleen S7 and SLR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:49 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Anyway, it's all in good fun.
absolutely. there's ALWAYS a bigger dog out there! whether its a 1000HP TT, 1500HP Viper, or a turbo 'busa. failing that, you could be at the stoplights in your fastest street machine, only to find that the guy sitting next to you in the Toyota Corolla flies F15 Strike Eagles for a living.

as long as you're happy with your car, that's all that really matters in the end.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:03 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Thanks Hesperus, looking forward to it. I won't be able to get times until I get my car back in March, and Marksi probably won't have dry weather until then.

Anyway, it's all in good fun.
It sure is all in good fun Scott, hope your car is coming along nicely and hope all is well with yourself!

Martin

Old 01-10-2007, 03:58 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Cool

I'll add it whenever you get a chance to run it.
Until then you, and all the others, have a lot of time to work on your 0-300 km/h times so you can get on my list

Old 01-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Erik
Until then you, and all the others, have a lot of time to work on your 0-300 km/h times so you can get on my list
Erik,

I may actually get chance to do that. There's a mile long drag race about 4 hours from where I live that I plan on attending. If I do it, I'll bring my Dbox and record the entire run so we can pull the 0-300 km/h portion out of it.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:51 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
There's a mile long drag race about 4 hours from where I live that I plan on attending.
Awww...how come stuff like that never happens near me?

Old 01-10-2007, 01:01 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Ben
We do have one the best drag race track in the country in Kent, WA. In the summer they open every Friday night. Lots NHRA records had been broken there. I have personally done plent of runs there including a 9s run ViperTT.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:11 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
yeah, but a mile long drag race?! That sounds fun as hell.

you should see people's faces when I line up at PR in my station wagon and run 121mph.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:14 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Very True....

Old 01-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Ben
We do have one the best drag race track in the country in Kent, WA. In the summer they open every Friday night. Lots NHRA records had been broken there. I have personally done plent of runs there including a 9s run ViperTT.
Hell ya...SIR. I grew up there. We held all of our High School drags there each year.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I looked back at the original thread after KPG pointed out that my car beat all three above mentioned cars in the 100 km to 200 km runs after he extrapolated some data I sent him.
I ran my car at low boost (1.0bars) and did a 100 to 200 km in 5.42 sec
the closest of the three cars was the RT12 with 6.4 secs.
Im full weight(actually overweight) with a huge Gembella wing and heavy recargo auto seats... Im sure the RT12 is on a diet to say the least.
when it warms up Ill take it in High boost and see what happens...
things that make you go hhhmmm.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-11-2007, 02:44 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I looked back at the original thread after KPG pointed out that my car beat all three above mentioned cars in the 100 km to 200 km runs after he extrapolated some data I sent him.
I ran my car at low boost (1.0bars) and did a 100 to 200 km in 5.42 sec
the closest of the three cars was the RT12 with 6.4 secs.
Im full weight(actually overweight) with a huge Gembella wing and heavy recargo auto seats... Im sure the RT12 is on a diet to say the least.
when it warms up Ill take it in High boost and see what happens...
things that make you go hhhmmm.
markski
As exclusive and "tailor-made" the RT12 (or other "off the shelf" tuning engine tune packages) is, there's really nothing to compare with what is virtually a one-off project car such as yours Markski. The combination of incredible tuner talent, hard work, scientific experimentation, and unwavering support and patience from yourself as a customer, can only have resulted in a car whose performance can only be described as utterly epic!

Congrats on such an awesome machine!

Gemballa GTR750, Manthey M700, EvoMS800, Ruf R-Turbo/RT12, etc... i suppose these are the "Imperial Star Destroyers" of the Porsche world...

But your car's and VRAlex's... they're the DEATH STARS!!!

(sorry, but they're been doing a weekly Star Wars marathon on cable here since Christmas )

cheers!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 02:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hesperus
As exclusive and "tailor-made" the RT12 (or other "off the shelf" tuning engine tune packages) is, there's really nothing to compare with what is virtually a one-off project car such as yours Markski. The combination of incredible tuner talent, hard work, scientific experimentation, and unwavering support and patience from yourself as a customer, can only have resulted in a car whose performance can only be described as utterly epic!

Congrats on such an awesome machine!

Gemballa GTR750, Manthey M700, EvoMS800, Ruf R-Turbo/RT12, etc... i suppose these are the "Imperial Star Destroyers" of the Porsche world...

But your car's and VRAlex's... they're the DEATH STARS!!!

(sorry, but they're been doing a weekly Star Wars marathon on cable here since Christmas )

cheers!!!
OMG that's some funny Sh#t... LOL
Im not that well versed in the RT12 but I think its the flagship car for them... Im not sure what goes into it other then what I would only guess...
can you tell me some basics as far as the engine upgrades?
thanks for the kind words BTW,
markski

Ps. I had no idea myself until KPG pointed it out...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-11-2007, 04:35 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Talking

There's a mile long drag race about 4 hours from where I live that I plan on attending. If I do it, I'll bring my Dbox and record the entire run so we can pull the 0-300 km/h portion out of it.
A mile is 1.609 m

I took the Rt12 1.411 m to reach 300 km/h.

So unless you have really, really - I mean really - good brakes, and a death wish, it might be a good idea to use a road just a tiny bit longer.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:59 AM
A mile is 1.609 m

So unless you have really, really - I mean really - good brakes, and a death wish, it might be a good idea to use a road just a tiny bit longer.

The radar gun reads your speed at the end of one mile. There isn't a brick wall there. The road is much longer than that, with plenty of room for cars to slow down. It's used for one-mile land speed records.

By the way, I plan on hitting 335+ km/h at the end of one mile.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-11-2007 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:10 AM
A mile is 1.609 m

Erik,

were you able to any standing mile runs?

the blue R-Turbo and original CTR both did 288kmh at the end of 1 mile in the big R&T Test last year. the Hennessey Viper1000 (ok yes i've seen the immortal thread on 300cforums.com about him ) won the shootout with a 336kmh at the end of one mile.

any clue what the RT12 was doing? maybe around 300kmh or a bit more?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf RT12, LP 640, Saleen S7 and SLR