996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf RT12, LP 640, Saleen S7 and SLR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Arrow

Originally Posted by hesperus
were you able to any standing mile runs?

any clue what the RT12 was doing? maybe around 300kmh or a bit more?
PV996TT's RUF R Turbo (550) took the swedish record in the standing 500 m and 1000 m last year.

As far as I know there are no places were you could do a standing, or running, mile, except a public road. Our bomb planes weren't heavy enough to build that long strips.

Regarding the Rt12, since it hit 300 km/h in 1.411 meters only I am pretty confident it would hit the mile (1.609 m) "a bit faster."
Not sure my math is correct here but I guess it would have about 2 seconds + to accelerate further into the 300s.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Good Road?

>>we just don't have any place in the US where we can run 200 MPH all day.

Actually we do have some good roads in Nv,closed to the public,with straights as long as 14 miles.

http://www.openroadracing.com/galler...ds/SS_Hwy_view

I have always hoped Chad would visit when he is all done with his Killer
Angel mods.

Hey Markski,check this out after you run Big Bend!

Cheers

R

Old 01-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Ruf-Racer
Actually we do have some good roads in Nv,closed to the public,with straights as long as 14 miles.
Check out the opening video here, sound on!
That's from the Pony Express, Nevada.

http://www.automobil.se/

Roland Roth's RUF Turbo R, Alois Ruf's old car.
http://www.automobil.se/zino.aspx?articleID=11032

Open Road Racing is 100 to 130 miles of sweet, open road, all to

yourself, where you and your machine can go as fast as you choose,

LEGALLY!

Last edited by Erik; 01-11-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:21 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I and a few others are going to give this a try this year!

Looks like it is a must do for a speed Freak, and Roland is a wonderful
helper/source of knowledge!

Marty K.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:35 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
http://www.svspower.com/videos.aspx?nav=6

Taken from the one Texas Mile website:

0-1 mile:
2006 Z06 were all in the 178 -180 mph range
2004 Ruf Nardo (590) = 183 mph
ZX12r Kawasaki = 183 MPH (isnt that what VR alex raced on the street?)
fastest Turbo Busa = 200 MPH
The overall winner (many body mods):
Viper twin turbo (owner is Ron Misjak) == 216 MPH !!! HOLY S**T !!
1255 Rear wheel horsepower !

enjoy the vid,

Marty K.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Thanks guys

Erik
Thanks for the *reminder*... the article was written by my navigator Anders,a Swedish resident.You know him?

The noisy Vette in the video is Jeff,from Idaho.He is about 20-35 mph slower than the fastest cars. I happened to be at the timing traps when that run was made.

Marty,we are ready to rock and roll. We have the ZC turbos all broken in and dialed. Hoping for a comfortable 215 this year! It is what it is!

Cheers

R

Old 01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Erik
Thanks for the *reminder*... the article was written by my navigator Anders,a Swedish resident.You know him?

The noisy Vette in the video is Jeff,from Idaho.He is about 20-35 mph slower than the fastest cars. I happened to be at the timing traps when that run was made.

Marty,we are ready to rock and roll. We have the ZC turbos all broken in and dialed. Hoping for a comfortable 215 this year! It is what it is!

Cheers

R
NICEEEE I would love to try and make it down to an open road event, so many things on list to do this year, hmm!

BTW, on the RUF 550 cars, do they upgrades the intercoolers or headers, what wastegates are used? Do they usually also upgrade clutch and LW flywheel? My car has like no lag, its amazing and just wondering every component used, and if i can even upgrade wastegates, but i guess not necessary!

Old 01-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Erik
Yes I do. We met before he went to the US.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:11 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by iLLM3
NICEEEE I would love to try and make it down to an open road event, so many things on list to do this year, hmm!

BTW, on the RUF 550 cars, do they upgrades the intercoolers or headers, what wastegates are used? Do they usually also upgrade clutch and LW flywheel? My car has like no lag, its amazing and just wondering every component used, and if i can even upgrade wastegates, but i guess not necessary!
Paging AdamT...

Old 01-12-2007, 01:37 AM
RoadBeef is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
For comparison's sake, here's a run from the 750 HP Gemballa GT750R 996 GT2 that Sport Auto tested back in May of 2002. The numbers are pretty awesome. It was using Garrett turbos at 1.4 BAR and the rear tires were 315 Yokohama AVS sports.

You can tell from the 0-100 km/h time that it didn't get nearly as good of a launch as the RT-12 did, but once it got rolling...it was MUCH faster.

km/h........Gemballa GT750R
0-100....... 4.1
0-200....... 9.4
0-300....... 21.7
Impressive numbers, yes. Wasn't this the same GTR-750 which caught fire and burned to the ground while testing later on?

Old 01-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RoadBeef
Impressive numbers, yes. Wasn't this the same GTR-750 which caught fire and burned to the ground while testing later on?
I have no idea.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-12-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts

this is whats included in the 550 kit :converted turbo charger, control unit, RUF intake manifold, sport air filter, RUF exhaust system and reinforced clutch

Old 01-12-2007, 02:41 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Schuepbach
this is whats included in the 550 kit :converted turbo charger, control unit, RUF intake manifold, sport air filter, RUF exhaust system and reinforced clutch
Ahh i see, would some header's, wastegates be beneficiary in any way? I was under the impression i had a lightweight flywheel as well, dont know!

Old 01-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Ahh i see, would some header's, wastegates be beneficiary in any way? I was under the impression i had a lightweight flywheel as well, dont know!
According to their website, you have:

RUF Rturbo 550 PS
Power Output(DIN) - 405 kW (550 bhp)
at Engine Speed - 6000 rpm
Output(DIN) - 113 kW/L (153 bhp/L)
Displacement - 3.600 cm³
Maximum Torque - 780 Nm
at Engine Speed - 4000 rpm
Compression Ratio - 9.4 : 1
Consist of: converted turbo charger, control unit, RUF intake manifold, sport air filter, RUF exhaust system and reinforced clutch

http://www.rufautocentre.com/conversions/996Turbo.asp

If you want more info, call them at:

1-888-783-6872

Old 01-12-2007, 05:58 AM
My car has like no lag, its amazing and just wondering every component used, and if i can even upgrade wastegates, but i guess not necessary!
When we ordered our first 550 kit we expected a small shipment, but 2 large boxes arrived and we were plesantly surprised. It's always nice when you get more than you expected.

New wastegates are included.

If the car has no lag, why bother to "upgrade" it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf RT12, LP 640, Saleen S7 and SLR