996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

WTF: Hollow vs Solid Turbo Twists

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:03 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
WTF: Hollow vs Solid Turbo Twists

Sorry in advance for the gayness of this thread, but someone needs to explain to me what the differences are besides the slight weight difference.

I have heard that the backs of the spokes are smooth on the hollows and there are grooves on the back of the solids.

Someone PLEASE elaborate so I can put this to bed once and for all.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:09 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER-TT
I have heard that the backs of the spokes are smooth on the hollows and there are grooves on the back of the solids.
You've pretty much got it. What exactly do you want us to elaborate on? The hollow-spokes are indeed hollow, nothing more to it.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:37 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
I understand they are hollow thus weigh less, but how can one tell by looking at them? I have tried to feel the back of mine and I can't quite make out what is on the back. Maybe a ID # of some sort. Just trying to figure out what the "grooves on the back" are?

Old 01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Hollow has smooth spokes plus metal valve stem vs rubber.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:16 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Everyone has basically covered it, you even said it yourself what the difference is, the inside will also have a BBS stamp/logo

Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 PM
[quote=vincentdds]Hollow has smooth spokes plus metal valve stem vs rubber.

Now that is good info for easy identification. Thanks