996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive GT2 almost finished!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 03:18 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
we respect each other on this board.. no *** kissing... but if ur a newbie u need to make some friends first b4 you get off on a guy... Im not sure if u know something I don't but telling someone to shut up does not fly on this board...
markski

ps. I was over on Viperalley awhile back and those guys call each other names even swear... not here....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 01-17-2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:22 AM
Banned
mrk4 is infamous around these parts
He kept trying to convince the owner of the car that 600hp was fast over and over, it was time to give up long ago! Here 600hp cars are NOT fast by any means, you got to make at least 1000hp club if you want a decent race with many cars pushing 2000hp, yes street cars. Someone needs to tell a todler to shup up when adults are speaking, sorry that it had to be me.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:23 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by mrk4
This is a sensored board? Sorry i didnt know you are not allowed to post your oppinion. Dr. jitsy was rambling nonsense, he doesnt know the facts and kept cluttering the topic. If i am out of line feel free to "remove me" i dont want to be a part of a community where members must kiss mods feet.
It's about mutual respect between all the people in this house! The board is not sensored....we would like to have you a part of our community, just show some respect...

Welcome to 6speedonline...Attachment 46018

Last edited by VRAlexander; 02-12-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
This is a sensored board? Sorry i didnt know you are not allowed to post your oppinion. Dr. jitsy was rambling nonsense, he doesnt know the facts and kept cluttering the topic. If i am out of line feel free to "remove me" i dont want to be a part of a community where members must kiss mods feet.
Like any car forum, this board is privately owned and you're a guest here...just like I am. You don't have to kiss the feet of the mods or anyone else, but you do have to be respectful of other members....even when you don't agree with them. If you don't think you're mature enough to handle that, feel free to go somewhere else.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-17-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:26 AM
Banned
mrk4 is infamous around these parts
alex, ive been here since '03 had a different name and havent posted in ages, so i just made a new login. How is your poora doing? Last i saw you post was looking good with all that Ti piping

Old 01-17-2007, 03:31 AM
VRAlexander
alex, ive been here since '03 had a different name and havent posted in ages, so i just made a new login. How is your poora doing? Last i saw you post was looking good with all that Ti piping
...How is San Jose street racing these days???
Poopra is 98% finished and she will be in Las Vegas for the 6speed gathering in February....and on a 'Mexican' freeway near you!!!

BTW. Call me so we can talk about 6speedonline and YOUR ATTITUDE, which has'nt changed.....

Old 01-17-2007, 03:33 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Ah...Lithium. You were previously banned by another mod. Unfortunately, unless he says you can come back...you're banned again.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
...How is San Jose street racing these days???
Poopra is 98% finished and she will be in Las Vegas for the 6speed gathering in February....and on a 'Mexican' freeway near you!!!

BTW. Call me so we can talk about 6speedonline and YOUR ATTITUDE, which has'nt changed.....
so you know this guy Alex? confused here...

Alan

Old 01-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Lol...A failure to understand that overall engineering is more important than just raw hp numbers, combined with an exceptionally surely attitude = banned.....and in only 5 posts. Highly entertaining.

Speaking of overall engineering, Scott, I think (actually Mark informed me) that with the Proto upgraded, MAF, injectors, and fuel pump that your old set up had, it would probably have better response/more power at lower RPM's than my set up (and this difference should be reflected in a flatter torque curve on a dyno). Hence my 1/4 times at 597 would probably not match your times w/ 580 hp, even w/ the weight advantage of a GT2 over a TT. These facts illustrate my/your point that raw hp numbers alone don't always tell the whole story.

Back to the OP: I agree that he is probably going to be pleasantly surprised w/ his car.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 01-17-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:18 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Apparently you have not driven it yet. There may be some cars w/ extreme high hp (TT Viper, Supra, etc.) that might pull on a Protomotive 600 whp GT2 in a straight line at speeds over 100 mph, but trust me, very very few cars on the street will hang w/ the widowmaker on the track or in a race w/ turns.

And Protomotive tuned cars are known for being faster than other cars w/ similar hp levels. Just look at the 1/4 mile times posted here. Cars tuned by Todd (full Proto package at 675 whp on stock internals) are competetive w/ other cars w/ much more hp.

The overall engineering package you will have is hard to beat.
In all due respect, I suspect I have quite a bit more experience with fast cars than you. Of course GT2's can be modded to become pretty respectful....I already stated that. That's why I bought it...I wanted a reliable, nice weather daily driver with a little more bling than my previous cars.

But as mentioned earlier, everyone has different definitions of fast. I test drove a stock GT2 and although I loved the way it felt, my S4 with hybrid k04's would have walked it hard in a straight line. But again, my S4 was trapping in the mid to high 120's. I'm looking forward to running the GT2 and the GT28 S4 when they are both complete. I think that race will surprise some folks on how fast S4's are becoming

I have ridden in Kim's EVO GT900 car and have raced a stage 4 GT2. Although Kim's 996 was very smooth and ran extremely well on C16, I would have put a couple bus lengths on it from a 60 roll in my old Supra. Actually we were going to try to video a roll-on race for ****s-n-giggles, but David was experiencing clutch issues that prevented us from running them before I sold it.

I hope the GT2 exceeds my expectations. But I didn't buy it to be one of the faster cars in my area. You need at least a low 8 second street car that traps 160+ to compete for that title. Just about every city has them, or even faster street cars.

Dr. Jitsu, you need to get away from running supercharged vipers and vettes and start running some real cars in your area. Actually, who have you raced so far with your GT2?

Old 01-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
You guys are talking about two different things... speed is relative.. yes but we still have yet to see 8 second turbos and I dont think anyone is contesting that....
Its not hard, with the technology we have, to get a 8 second supra.. heck its a lot cheaper then doing a 700 rwhp Prosche....
My old time high school friend here in chicago, Marco... has been running 8s for some time... heck we run 8s in the evos....on a 2 liter motor...
but to have a P car run 9s or 8s with be a mile stone to say the least....
I think Sean(DRjitsu) was on a different page and he is not talking about hardcore street racing with cars who's motors last 2 races... 60 lbs of boost and NOS... that is a whole different story...
anyways... you both guys will have a very similar set up so make up and hope to see u both at the shootout we are putting together...
markski

click to view

Old 01-17-2007, 12:42 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
You guys are talking about two different things... speed is relative.. yes but we still have yet to see 8 second turbos and I dont think anyone is contesting that....
Its not hard, with the technology we have, to get a 8 second supra.. heck its a lot cheaper then doing a 700 rwhp Prosche....
My old time high school friend here in chicago, Marco... has been running 8s for some time... heck we run 8s in the evos....on a 2 liter motor...
but to have a P car run 9s or 8s with be a mile stone to say the least....
I think Sean(DRjitsu) was on a different page and he is not talking about hardcore street racing with cars who's motors last 2 races... 60 lbs of boost and NOS... that is a whole different story...
anyways... you both guys will have a very similar set up so make up and hope to see u both at the shootout we are putting together...
markski
Hey now, my Supra was raced just about every weekend last year and never had an issue...38 psi, 1100+whp every weekend! So just depends on who builds your motor Marko went through a lot of them....

Old 01-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
he would go thru 2 or motors a year.... if not more... not sure how good his build was... the block is only 3K...
the bottom line is that street racing for cash and street racing for pleasure are two different things...
However, VRalexander has raced some 1000+rwhp cars and has done well.
So I do believe that not all HP is the same... I really dont believe in dynos either... it tells a story but not the whole story.... just like Drjitsu said.... that a 580 rwhp P car(scotts) runs as well if not better then a 700+ rwhp P car... and why is that? In my opinion its the overall design..... and one word... efficiency...
just my opinion.
markski

click to view

Old 01-17-2007, 01:03 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
he would go thru 2 or motors a year.... if not more... not sure how good his build was... the block is only 3K...
the bottom line is that street racing for cash and street racing for pleasure are two different things...
So I do believe that not all HP is the same... I really dont believe in dynos either... it tells a story but not the whole story.... just like Drjitsu said.... that a 580 rwhp P car(scotts) runs as well if not better then a 700+ rwhp P car... and why is that? In my opinion its the overall design..... and one word... efficiency...
just my opinion.
markski
Couldnt agree with you more!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2007, 01:24 PM
just my opinion.
markski
Actually if Larry was selling Marko blocks for $3k, he was making some good money back then....they only cost $2k bare, about $5k fully assembled and machined, sold on the street for around $7k. Now the 3.4 stroker that I had was significantly more...but that's another story!

Alex, if your game, I'd like to run your new Supra later this year. Hopefully we'll be near each other for some event in 2007.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive GT2 almost finished!