996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive GT2 almost finished!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:35 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhioGT2

Vincent, thanks. Yes it's a high compression 3.4L stroker. IMO, paired with the GT47-80, the best street combo you can buy.
I agree when a well built and tuned motor paired w/ the GT47-80 it is fun yet deadly. My old SRT-10 only had a pair of GT42Rs and it was a handful to deal with. Post some pics of your ex-Supra when you have a chance.

Vincent

Old 01-18-2007, 03:29 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !

Old 01-18-2007, 03:31 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !

Old 01-18-2007, 03:43 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Oh my Gosh that turbo is HUGE! I have never driven a high hp Supra like that but with that size turbo there must be some serious lack of power / lag in the lower rpm's? Just asking not slamming? At what RPM do the turbo's really come on?

Old 01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Dammnn, that Supra is SERIOUS!!

Old 01-18-2007, 03:58 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I know that car and had inqiured about it from Woon 6 months ago. It was recently sold again in AZ. Did you had it built originally? If so good job.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:24 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Is this car owned by RennTechV12 Joe's Buddy??

If so, I saw it at the dragstrip (did not run that day).

Very nice detailed car!

MK

Old 01-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes I had it built from scratch by Don Summerton, Accelerated Performance. Best builder in the business by a long stretch. I sold it to Stacey B. in AZ last Sept....he just sold it to a 18 year old kid in Columbus, so it's back in Ohio as of a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if Stacey knows Renntech or if it was at that track rental.

Buddy, lag wasn't bad at all, just look at the dyno graph on the previous page! It clears 1000whp by 5700 and never drops below until 9200 rpm, so powerband was wider than a modded 996tt Ganted it was a slug under 5k, but I never ran the motor in that range unless I was just cruising at 1800 rpm in 5th/6th. I drove it most nice summer days, and other than scaring most every other motorist on the road, it had perfect road manners. It just attracted too much attention and with a straight 5" inch exhaust....was loud as hell. Wife hated it, so I talked her into a modded GT2 as the nice weather car. But Don and I have a much faster Supra in the works that should be completed over the next few months

Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Yes I had it built from scratch by Don Summerton, Accelerated Performance. Best builder in the business by a long stretch. I sold it to Stacey B. in AZ last Sept....he just sold it to a 18 year old kid in Columbus, so it's back in Ohio as of a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if Stacey knows Renntech or if it was at that track rental.

Buddy, lag wasn't bad at all, just look at the dyno graph on the previous page! It clears 1000whp by 5700 and never drops below until 9200 rpm, so powerband was wider than a modded 996tt Ganted it was a slug under 5k, but I never ran the motor in that range unless I was just cruising at 1800 rpm in 5th/6th. I drove it most nice summer days, and other than scaring most every other motorist on the road, it had perfect road manners. It just attracted too much attention and with a straight 5" inch exhaust....was loud as hell. Wife hated it, so I talked her into a modded GT2 as the nice weather car. But Don and I have a much faster Supra in the works that should be completed over the next few months
ahhh, that poopra looks familar...did it have TOPEND plates, I would've bought it. You must be JC

Old 01-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by drjoe
ahhh, that poopra looks familar...did it have TOPEND plates, I would've bought it. You must be JC
Yep

Old 01-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Jamie,

That Supra is freaking gorgeous.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:14 AM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Wow I love that Supra!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Those are some serious rear tires. You drive that on street? Anyway I need checkout your builder if I ever build a Supra in the future.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks Scott.

Vincent, I can't say enough about Don Summerton. He now has a full shop, but he built this car out of his home garage. In fact he assembled the motor on his kitchen table. We put 2500 HARD miles on it, practically no bearing/rod material in the filter after each 400 mile oil change....almost unheard of for the abuse this type of 1150whp motor have to withstand. Most 1000whp Supra motors last a couple months if driven really hard before something pops. It's just most people don't talk about the failure rates by the bigger shops like SP, Titan, etc. And only he's only 26...but it doesn't hurt that his dad is the primary engineering VP at Clevite (Don used custom spec bearings) and he built motors as a teenager for his dad's drag team. And yes, I drove it with ET Streets on the road all the time, it never hit the track..

I would have used him to do a GT30 kit on the GT2 and have Todd K. tune it, but he hates Porsches

Last edited by OhioGT2; 01-19-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Jamie

PM me Don's contact info. Post/share some pics of your projects w/ him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive GT2 almost finished!