996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fire In The Hole!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ND4SPED
I will take a blast out if the weather is clear tomorrow. Is there a lot of P car's there tomorrow?
Should be a good amount weather permitting. They have been getting together on a regular basis recently, havent been to Captree since sometime in the summer, so im willing to take the ride before winter really hits

Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Yep 335's took them off and sold them. Did not want to go changing my set up.
You don't have to change any set-up. You just need to reshape the $35 inner plastic fender liner.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
The mount is a Brey Krause which mounts on the stock seat bolts. The quick release mounts on that.
Thanks for the info. Went to the website this AM and found they have other nice goodies for the P-car.

Al

Old 01-15-2007, 08:26 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
First of all glad things turned out!

What about Sharkey's fancy new fire extinguisher mount?

where is a good place to buy a racing/fire suit?

do you wear a head sock as well?

thanks,

MK

Old 01-15-2007, 10:51 AM
ND4SPED is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zippy
You don't have to change any set-up. You just need to reshape the $35 inner plastic fender liner.
How did you reshape the liners with a heat gun?

Old 01-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
First of all glad things turned out!

What about Sharkey's fancy new fire extinguisher mount?

where is a good place to buy a racing/fire suit?

do you wear a head sock as well?

thanks,

MK
Not sure how the Sharkters extinguisher is set up but you want a QUICK RELEASE mount so you can just press the clip and the extinguisher comes off. In my situation I struggled with the extinguisher pulling it out even if it was for a few extra seconds due to a stock double clip mount. Time was ticking away damaging the car your yourself.
I have a Puma light weight suit I wear with all the gear including a Hans device.
My view on doing this is I want to be safe
I run my DE events in the higher run groups so it does get competitive out their even as you know we are not suppose to be racing each other. When you are pushing your car at speeds in the triple digits all day anything can happen. I bought my suit on line looked around for the best price.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:23 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Need for Speed:

Is your roll bar the Porsche techquipment bar that bolts
to the seat belt bolts?

thanks,

Marty K

Old 01-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Destructo is infamous around these partsDestructo is infamous around these parts
Good to see someone taking safety seriously, enjoy now that you have a better piece of mind, and a safer track ride!

Old 01-15-2007, 02:03 PM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Sorry to hear about that and glad all is ok. We are required to have a 5BC FE for our SuperSolo events which is full passing.
Your set up is close to that of what they do in the cup cars.
Guess since you are posting this as a public service annonuncement would you also recommend the SFI 3.2A/5 driving suit? We use them and seems like a good idea! Did you have fire retardant stuff on? I hope so!
If you are running your car like that and afraid of fire (who isnt) Besides the suit of course I would recommend the gloves, shoes and fire retardant socks to all that run their cars in anything more advanced than a basic DE.
What's the typical cost for all this stuff. Just a ball park?

Old 01-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
How did you reshape the liners with a heat gun?
Yes. A heat gun and slightly reshaping the thin metal brackets the hold the liner in place. I put together a 17mb power point presentation (it's only 2 pages) with notes for Markski. I can e-mail you a copy with my newly aquired Split/ZIP knowledge . PM me if interested in it.

Mike

Old 01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Need for Speed:

Is your roll bar the Porsche techquipment bar that bolts
to the seat belt bolts?

thanks,

Marty K
Yes it is the Porsche techquipemt bar but in addition we did do some extra bracing & welding.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by cpu77
What's the typical cost for all this stuff. Just a ball park?
Came to about $3200 with everything inc. labor.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Destructo
Good to see someone taking safety seriously, enjoy now that you have a better piece of mind, and a safer track ride!
Thanks for the good word!

Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Does the Porsche Techquipment roll bar require removal of the rear seats, and does it require any cutting of the carpet for the rear attachments? Does anyone know how much weight it adds to the car? The P dealer is clueless.

thanks

Old 01-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Does the Porsche Techquipment roll bar require removal of the rear seats, and does it require any cutting of the carpet for the rear attachments? Does anyone know how much weight it adds to the car? The P dealer is clueless.

thanks
No you can mount the roll bar with the rear seats but it will be real hard for anyone to use them. I took mine out. No cutting of the carpet it will bolt on your seat belt bolts as a stock install.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fire In The Hole!!!!