996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fire In The Hole!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:51 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cpu77
What's the typical cost for all this stuff. Just a ball park?
Just the fire stuff isnt too bad. The suit I got was a Sparco for $500 on sale from $800, they go from hundreds to in the mid thousands. Mostly due to the lighter the more expensive. (you can run a cool vest for several hundreds more, also not bad but you have to put an ice cooler in your car)

Most gloves and driving shoes (real ones not from Foot Locker) are fire rated so you should have them

socks $18

so not too bad for safety. But I must admit I have not seen too many wear all the gear for a DE. Although it is a good idea and need for speed glad he did but in reality at a basic DE advanced run or not catching on fire is pretty low on the list of things to happen. Not to stay it is not a big deal!!

But that's just like I think everyone should have a HANS device also. But again at a DE "most" are not at the level of using a HANS ($1000) plus massive loss of peripheral vision. So much that when you run off track you need to back up and point your car down track to see if you can get back out!

I certainly advocate use of all of the above. When you race obviouly it is a must. We have an advanced run group with full passing anywhere on track (read in guys are racing) where all of the above are required just as a race.

Please all be safe!!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:58 PM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the info.