996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

centerlock hubs for 996 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:03 PM
scottporsche is infamous around these parts
I am building a race car so I want center lock hubs NOT dummies!

Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by scottporsche
I am building a race car so I want center lock hubs NOT dummies!
BBS whells would work well for you. The bolt pattern is an option. They are MADE for center locks. Watch a little ALMS when on TV next.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:11 PM
I know that already have the wheels just unable to mount as have not got the hub hardware.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:40 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
The whole centerlock conversion will cost you a little over $4K.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
What is involved. Is it hub or do you have to replace rotors also?

Old 01-17-2007, 08:47 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
i have centerlocks. parts are available from porsche racing. i am using fikse wheels both for the street and for the track. i don't believe that you can use wheels that are already drilled on centerlocks as there is no thrust washer. also you will need a separate 32mm socket and a torqe multiplier to use with a torque wrench.
carlos

Old 01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I have spoken to Porsche racing in Australia and they say no one has put centerlocks on a 996 turbo which is rubbish. They also say that GT3 cup car hubs will not fit. This is why I need some help.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
I think 9ff sells all the parts required to change it over to centerlocks also. They make centerlock wheels...so it would make sense.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:06 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
He is asking for true center wheel look system, not the fejk one above...Erik posted true ones...

Old 01-19-2007, 08:20 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Like I said call Viper Bob, they are Porsche Motorsports parts.

MK

Old 01-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zippy
With the BBS racing wheels, the primary use is for center locks. You can see these wheels on race cars on TV. Getting the holes drilled for your bolt pattern is an option. Unfortunately, if going with the bolt pattern, BBS do not offer a BBS center cap option. The FVD dumby center locks are the only option to fill the hole. At least this is how I understand it to be.
Actually I got mine from BBS USA cause they were in stock and FVD had to ordr them. So BBS does have them bro! I think they were about a littl under a hundred a piece.

regards
Suman

Old 01-21-2007, 03:56 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Highhats
Actually I got mine from BBS USA cause they were in stock and FVD had to ordr them. So BBS does have them bro! I think they were about a littl under a hundred a piece.

regards
Suman
THAT'S BIZZARRE! I e-mailed BBS head office last fall and they said there was no (BBS) center cap option??

Old 01-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Yeah call Zack at BBS, he definetly has them.
-Suman

Originally Posted by Zippy
THAT'S BIZZARRE! I e-mailed BBS head office last fall and they said there was no (BBS) center cap option??

Old 01-21-2007, 01:45 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I have a set of brand new set of dummy locks never mounted for sale for the bbs racing wheels. BNIB. pm if intereseted.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
oak you going center lock proper?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: centerlock hubs for 996 turbo