996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video of Modified Evo vs. Stock 996TTx50

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I know most of you seen it but here it is again..
my evo8.... 10.2 @136.59... 139.27 best....
1/4 video....
http://www.djmarkski.com/evo 8/10_2-...D 1.85Mbps.mpg

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 01-19-2007 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Those Evos are something else.......

http://media.ams-evo8.com/videos/am...SDragCar897.wmv

Old 01-19-2007, 08:56 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Yea it pulls hard, but also weighs nothing! I think its more weight related rather then its power
Exactly! Ive seen Civic's with like 200whp DESTROY cars simply due to weighinng like 1200 lbs

Still a cool video.....i feel there should be a announcer at the end saying "Ahhhh, the power of modding!"

Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
AMS are goof guys I know them... they are running ght42r garrett turbos with fully gutted cars meant just for track and or dynos... Im full weight and very street drivable.. I use this car regularly... Im on a gt35r turbo....

click to view

Old 01-19-2007, 09:26 AM
PorscheCt33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
AMS are goof guys I know them... they are running ght42r garrett turbos with fully gutted cars meant just for track and or dynos... Im full weight and very street drivable.. I use this car regularly... Im on a gt35r turbo....
There the best in the business. They have 3-4 1000 rwhp Street Evo's.

Tito, It is still the same story.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Just for the record
2004 Evolution VIII
1041 AWHP
100% Daily Driver

Not to Hijack the Thread

Tito, It is still the same story

LOL, what, that no ones Love us

Heres our soon to be 900whp..............Car.......the cousin of the EVO

She will have the so famous GT 42 Turbo

Last edited by Tito; 01-19-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by PorscheCt33
There the best in the business. They have 3-4 1000 rwhp Street Evo's.

Tito, It is still the same story.
OMG IM sorry....I misspelled..... the letter D and the letter F are next to each other.... sorry for the Typo.... I meant GOOD Guys....

click to view

Old 01-19-2007, 10:51 AM
MARKSKI

Is your evo with stock internals ?

Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Back to the topic. Turbo Porsches are know for there top end, so it sucks to see a Porsche get beat up top.

I run many cars from a roll, and still never lost, even a High 9 second Evo 8.

Tito, do you agree?

Old 01-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Tito
MARKSKI

Is your evo with stock internals ?
No I have the AMS lower end kit with the head done too....
running a gt35r.. I didnt want to go bigger.

click to view

Old 01-19-2007, 11:21 AM
MARKSKI

Nice set up !

PorscheCt33

Agree, I'm not sure there's any other animal out there with the traction of a Porsche from a roll, our first record was 2-14 thanks to one of my "Friends" telling everyone that we were only running 7psi of boost, it was murder, the second time around it was a bit different,back on the day before we retired her we left 28-0 all of them from a 30mph roll, for a 1/4 race, we left 11-0 from the same roll for a 1 mile race, at 160mph+ I was not a big fan of them.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:33 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tito
Just for the record
2004 Evolution VIII
1041 AWHP
100% Daily Driver

Did this car ever sold? Why is all the AMS cars ,such as this one and Chris's black evo from Fl., are for sale as soon it was built. I am really curious as to how streetable the GT42R set up?

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-19-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Did this car ever sold? Why is all the AMS cars ,such as this one and Chris's black evo from Fl., are for sale as soon it was built. I am really curious as to how streetable the GT42R set up?
When they get the bill, the can't seem to afford it.

In Anthony's case(silver black), I hear AMS is going to build something crazy.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
vincentdds

The car still for sale, the car has over 130k into, the car is very streetable, I was very surprise, I think the main problem is that once you build such of animal you don't want to "break it" so all that power is useless.

Take our 911, we broke the gear box, so we repair it and overhauled it, that was $ 3,500 then we suffer from the "Since were here" we open the engine, we went all the way, we split the cases, new coated main shells, new Pouter rods, new everything, now I have my monster fully build with less than 400 miles on her, now what do I do ? not a thing

can she take the abuse ? absolutely she is build for that, can I afford another repair ? no,

so the car is and has been for sale for almost 2 years now, by the way she broke because we had to add 600pnds of weight at a NHRA event.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:23 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Tito
I understand this game well and have to agree w/ you regarding preventive costs. I 'd love see more pics and details about your beast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video of Modified Evo vs. Stock 996TTx50