996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video of Modified Evo vs. Stock 996TTx50

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:34 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Here's video of Evo vs. CBR RR

Video

Old 01-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Old 01-19-2007, 01:50 PM
PorscheCt33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Here's video of Evo vs. CBR RR

Video
That's Yusuf, One of the Chi town Boy's. Very Quick Car.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:55 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Ahhh yes, back in the day...

Not surprised at all by the Evo.

Having raced with the 4G63 powerplants in Talons for many years, I can tell you that they can put out a LOT of power. Crazy what kind of boost the bottom ends can withstand.

OT: Here's a good clip of John Shepherd's Talon *WITH* AWD running in the 7.70's @ 190mph+. Hell, they can run in the 9's and still be perfectly streetable...

http://www.shearerfabrications.com/v...%20@%20191.wmv

Apologies for the hijack, all this brings back some good memories...

Old 01-19-2007, 01:59 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tito
Ahhh I read about your car awhile back. Very very mean aircooled indeed. Maybe one of the reason that inspired my 3.8L 993TT built.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
A 3.8L 993TT built, I could love to have that, please tell me that you have 2 GT 45s in there and that you are making 1200hp !

Please

Old 01-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
The guy in the X50 must be pissed!
Why?....there is such a small difference in speed but one is driving one of the ugliest cars known to mankind and one is driving something that is ballsout hot, a great daily driver, weighs so much more and is damn near just as fast. Pissed? I wouldn't be in the slightest. I've seen Civic's that would roll all over that Evo in the same type of race....but at the end of the day, its still a Civic.

There's more to a car than just speed. Now, would I mind having one of those Evo's modded like that to play around with? heck no, give me one to play with. Do I want to take one out for a spirited drive then on to dinner? Uhmmmm, NO.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:29 PM
A 3.8L 993TT built, I could love to have that, please tell me that you have 2 GT 45s in there and that you are making 1200hp !

Please
You don't need 2 gt45s to make that power.

I was thinking 2 gt37rs, still would be streetable and full spool @ 3,400 rpm's

Old 01-19-2007, 03:40 PM

Please

Slapping on big TBs is the easy part. Keeping the heads from lifting at that level is rather a challenge.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:12 AM
bond is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Why?....there is such a small difference in speed but one is driving one of the ugliest cars known to mankind and one is driving something that is ballsout hot, a great daily driver, weighs so much more and is damn near just as fast. Pissed? I wouldn't be in the slightest. I've seen Civic's that would roll all over that Evo in the same type of race....but at the end of the day, its still a Civic.

There's more to a car than just speed. Now, would I mind having one of those Evo's modded like that to play around with? heck no, give me one to play with. Do I want to take one out for a spirited drive then on to dinner? Uhmmmm, NO.
Amen +1

Bond

Old 01-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Heres another ugly car

Never mind is a 1.3 liter.........

http://www.agracingvideo.com/v...h.wmv

Old 01-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Heres another ugly car

Holy ****, that is fuggin unbelieveable. Thanks for the find Tito.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Heres another ugly car

Damn, that's fast

Old 01-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I know that has been a huge issue with that set up but then again I dont understand why things like that only happen in the Porsche Word.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Keeping the heads from lifting at that level is rather a challenge.

I know that has been a huge issue with that set up but then again I dont understand why things like that only happen in the Porsche World.