996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:53 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Sharkey.... that was painful to watch....lol..

Old 02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Funny thing about the drag strip is it is filled with ..coulda, woulda and shoulda...lol. I would just like to go to the strip and have my best 60ft, ET and trap speed on the SAME slip instead of 3 different ones...but hey, at least I go. Kevin
I roger that. So I just went back again more and more till I got what I wanted and then just retired

Old 02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Sharkey.... that was painful to watch....lol..
Rods.. they will bend

Old 02-27-2007, 06:00 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I thought the drag experts went round and round on that subject and proved
that somehow the quicker 60' does not necessarily equate to higher trap speed ??? Which makes no sense to me.

Marty

Old 02-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I thought the drag experts went round and round on that subject and proved
that somehow the quicker 60' does not necessarily equate to higher trap speed ??? Which makes no sense to me.

Marty
Hi Marty, I wasn't saying I would have faster trap speeds. Far from it. Just saying that I would have had a faster 1/4mile in terms of time...

Old 02-27-2007, 06:10 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I got it, I am trying to learn this whole quartermile thing before I go embarass
myself this summer.

Marty

Old 02-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by KPG
Buddy, Mark and I are planning on getting together at Gingerman in S Haven,MI this Spring for a few open track nights. Every Tue,Wed, Thur night they offer an open track for 60$ from 5:30 -8:30PM...By far the best deal you can find and I think you probably arent that far away...It would be great fun. Kevin
Hey make sure you either make it a sticky or pm me. I've been wanting to go for awhile now. One of the open lapping groups that I track with goes up there, but I'd rather go and meet some of you guys.

Lee

Old 02-27-2007, 07:28 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Indykid
Hey make sure you either make it a sticky or pm me. I've been wanting to go for awhile now. One of the open lapping groups that I track with goes up there, but I'd rather go and meet some of you guys.

Lee
Lee, no problem. I did about 800miles on that track last year and it was great fun. Late in the season I was driving up there with my headlights on and several times no one showed but me....had the whole track to myself for 3 hours. The people who run it are very nice to work with.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:29 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by sharkster
Rods.. they will bend
Not mine ....Kevin

Old 02-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by KPG
Lee, no problem. I did about 800miles on that track last year and it was great fun. Late in the season I was driving up there with my headlights on and several times no one showed but me....had the whole track to myself for 3 hours. The people who run it are very nice to work with.
Sounds great. I'd like to go up on a Tuesday, hit the track and spend the night. Hangout and hit the track on Wendesday and call it trip. I can probably get some people to come and track too. Just let me know when you are planning.

Lee

Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Indykid
Sounds great. I'd like to go up on a Tuesday, hit the track and spend the night. Hangout and hit the track on Wendesday and call it trip. I can probably get some people to come and track too. Just let me know when you are planning.

Lee
Lee, track opens early April....I will keep in touch. Kevin

Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey KPG.. back when I had the Stage IV ZC Turbos and the GT640 programing I did run this:
http://videos.g33kd.net/drag101shark.wmv

You can laugh at the 2.1 60 foot but the trap speed was 127.5 so I'd guess you be mid 130s or so at least Funny thing is if I'd launched then (I think that was 03?) like I did in 04/05 and done 1.6 60 foots I'd have been in the 10s at that stage
Sharkster"Original Gangster"

Old 03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
KPG
We have cases.... Lots of machine work in these pics... the cases are mine, Tom's, Kevin's, and Kevin's 996RSR Motorsports case... They are having the crank fitted and some final oiling mods and they are finished...woo hoo... Kevin

Last edited by KPG; 03-12-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Where is my case!?!?!?! :|

Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
We have cases.... Lots of machine work in these pics... the cases are mine, Tom's, Kevin's, and Kevin's 996RSR Motorsports case... They are going out Monday for the some oiling mods and then they are done...woo hoo... Kevin
Very nice Kevin.... I cant wait for u to get it ready

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet