996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:09 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
The UMW graph clearly shows the how useable the power is throughout the RPM. This translate to power that can be use for road racing, top end speed and drag racing. To me that's what good tuning is all about and not just peak power with tons of boosts.
Good piont, most of the time we get cought up in the numbers game. with this power under the curve its the best of both worlds! ...

Old 01-18-2007, 07:13 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Kevin happy birthdayyyy buddyyyy

All i have to say is WOW, another heavy hitting tuning/turbo setup !!

I have always been impressed with kevin's turbos and underground stuff, great to see big numbers with im sure great driveability as well as reliability!

Keep us updated, and man i cant wait to ride in your car and Tom's !!

Martin

Old 01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
Great numbers. Kevin, thanks for posting and happy b-day. Another great option for us non-tuned cars to look at.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
kevin's turbos and underground stuff,

Martin
Now thats funny....

Old 01-18-2007, 07:42 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
How would this dyno compare to a gt700 dyno?

Old 01-18-2007, 07:45 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rwm514
How would this dyno compare to a gt700 dyno?
Do you realy want to know.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:50 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by topgun
Do you realy want to know.
I actually just went to evoms site and looked at the dyno. The peak #'s are actually pretty close but the lower rpm torque figures are hugely different!! The 3a looks to make incredible torque down low. Amazing. Is this safe on the stock internals

Old 01-18-2007, 08:12 PM
I actually just went to evoms site and looked at the dyno. The peak #'s are actually pretty close but the lower rpm torque figures are hugely different!! The 3a looks to make incredible torque down low. Amazing. Is this safe on the stock internals
You said it yourself PEAK!, 3A is for stock insides!! B require insides (rods & head work). You also get a cool CF air box with a MAF solution .

Old 01-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Kevin happy birthdayyyy buddyyyy

All i have to say is WOW, another heavy hitting tuning/turbo setup !!

I have always been impressed with kevin's turbos and underground stuff, great to see big numbers with im sure great driveability as well as reliability!

Keep us updated, and man i cant wait to ride in your car and Tom's !!

Martin
Since your so close, your first in line .

Old 01-18-2007, 08:24 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Keep in mind ...The EVO GT700 kits are running at least 1.5 bar with the TB shutdown removed. This kit is less than 1.3 bar. Kevin

Old 01-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
The biggest thing that really makes me look at this set up in a really positive way is that the turbo builder is also the one who designed and tested the system... not to mention it has an upgraded MAF
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-18-2007, 08:50 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Now thats funny....
LOL didnt mean it in a funny or messed up way, thing is he isnt "known" per se to the normal 6speeder

Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by topgun
Since your so close, your first in line .
WHAT, only because we are close?! jk , Tom you the man! I want you to drive my damn car already, i'll talk to you tomorrow!

Old 01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
KPG,

K24 always questions everything, and for good reason.
Most of us seek the truth, and the truth can be manipulated.
There used to be several graphs on some very good tuners'
websites...for "show". K24 knows more about turbos in particular than
alot of tuners. This I know, and he reads Corky Bell's book for "fun"

Please do show us all of the data.

thanks, and it looks great so far!

Marty K.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:11 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
KPG,

K24 always questions everything, and for good reason.
Most of us seek the truth, and the truth can be manipulated.
There used to be several graphs on some very good tuners'
websites...for "show". K24 knows more about turbos in particular than
alot of tuners. This I know, and he reads Corky Bell's book for "fun"

Please do show us all of the data.

thanks, and it looks great so far!

Marty K.
I 've read Corky Bell as well. Have his books on my shelf. So? I was just wondering why this was questioned but none others. Lets be consistent..No big deal.Kevin

Last edited by KPG; 01-18-2007 at 09:19 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet