996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:16 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Tough to do Marty as our MAFS don't work!

, Good one!!

Old 01-19-2007, 10:17 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
We also need some 60-130 mph runs from some GT700's.

I forget how many hundred GT700's have been sold (well over 200 I believe)
and we dont have a single 60-130 run???? Other than DMK's comedic 6.1 with
no shifts...?? (his car is not standard weight or standard GT700 anyway, I have seen it and I know it is fast)

How about 5 or 6 of you GT700 guys (you dont all live in cold weather) give
us some numbers?? This spring there will be several new Protomotive #'s
displayed from a variety of different kits.

This is all good for competition and most importantly good for US !!

MK
+1, I agree!!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:07 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
I have no doubt that an UMW or Protomotive tuned car similar or with less HP numbers would absolutely smoke my EVOMS GT700 in it's present state.

I need one of these EVO's, the best part of this vid starts at 7:44....now that is one fast EVO! ..trust the Brits..

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/09...n-airfield.htm

Old 01-19-2007, 12:53 PM
tradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KPG
Holding out? You cant imagine the negotiations to get this sheet released. 3B isnt getting posted til your car is up and running...Kevin BTW, today is my birthday...I had to post it
Happy B-Day!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 02:53 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
WOW 20-25% would put this kit over 800hp/tq at the flywheel. Now these are the numbers for the 3a kit on race gas right Kevin? Are the numbers on the 3B kit higher and what are they? Is it safe to run that much power on the stock engine (3a power)?
Jag

Old 01-19-2007, 02:56 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
WOW 20-25% would put this kit over 800hp/tq at the flywheel. Now these are the numbers for the 3a kit on race gas right Kevin? Are the numbers on the 3B kit higher and what are they? Is it safe to run that much power on the stock engine (3a power)?
Jag
At the boost they are running it sure seems so, he mastered w;e it was to pull crazy numbers at a safer boost level, extremely impressive! 3b kit should be a good deal more power and torque, added strengthened internals means more boost as you know

no shifts...?? (his car is not standard weight or standard GT700 anyway, I have seen it and I know it is fast)

MK
I'll try and get together with Suman (Highhats GT700+) and do some vbox runs on both of our cars, as soon as the weather permits it

Old 01-19-2007, 03:35 PM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
All the secrecy surrounding UMW Stage 3 has been killing me, its nice to see some data coming out. Anyone want to put forward more information as to what this kit involves? I'm guessing here, please add or correct me if I'm wrong!

2-inlet carbon fiber airbox with MAF that won't go pop
FVD intake plenum?
Fuel pump, rails, injectors, etc.
Forge diverter valves?
Ported factory headers
Turbochargers (very little info on the UMW website, but it says "K24/997tt Hybrid"........!!!!?? R U SERIOUS??)
Europipe Stage 2 Loud exhaust
Pocket Programmer

From what I've seen, it seems everything between the turbos and motor is stock (hoses, intercoolers, y-pipe, throttle body, etc)?

Old 01-19-2007, 04:22 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !

MK
First nice numbers kevin and UMW,the torque is great!

1)I thought DMk's run was validated by KPG?Well then why is it on the 60-130 list if it wasn't verified?OR is it because the car was not done by your tuner.
2)How is this not a standard GT700?Because he runs race gas?because he has NOS foggers on his intercoolers that don't work.Remember Marty,my car trapped 134.71 with no race gas file and at 17psi about 1 year ago,oh and it was full weight with awd.Just as a comparison Scott's car did trap 136.xx but was running RWD only and race gas (at similar tracks)so I would think the two are comparable.Why discount DMK'S car or try to give everyone the impression his run was a farce?
3)I have seen some impressive dyno numbers (my car included)but I feel trap speed or 60-130 times will do the talking for any fast car .

P.S. My car should be done for Vegas.Hope I can get some drag time at the track

Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Jag
Jags, these numbers are on low boost 1.2 bar. The numbers on 3b should be out as soon as Kevins or mine is ready, Hopefully soon

Old 01-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by F**K
All the secrecy surrounding UMW Stage 3 has been killing me, its nice to see some data coming out. Anyone want to put forward more information as to what this kit involves? I'm guessing here, please add or correct me if I'm wrong!

2-inlet carbon fiber airbox with MAF that won't go pop
FVD intake plenum?
Fuel pump, rails, injectors, etc.
Forge diverter valves?
Ported factory headers
Turbochargers (very little info on the UMW website, but it says "K24/997tt Hybrid"........!!!!?? R U SERIOUS??)
Europipe Stage 2 Loud exhaust
Pocket Programmer

From what I've seen, it seems everything between the turbos and motor is stock (hoses, intercoolers, y-pipe, throttle body, etc)?
Drop the Grand Master an email, I'm sure he'll give you the low down .

Old 01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Jags, these numbers are on low boost 1.2 bar. The numbers on 3b should be out as soon as Kevins or mine is ready, Hopefully soon

KPG says in his post that the dyno is from a 3akit at 1.3bar with race fuel. I still have a hard time with the fact that a 800hp car is running on a stock motor

Jag

Old 01-19-2007, 05:09 PM
KPG says in his post that the dyno is from a 3akit at 1.3bar with race fuel. I still have a hard time with the fact that a 800hp car is running on a stock motor

Jag
These numbers were achieved during the tuning procses for 3a, thinking that
the car had rods (if I'm not mistaking). This might be a base line for 3b. this is what makes 3b with the high flow heads, the KILLA B.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:10 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by F**K
Yes I have them on 993TT for almost a year now.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Jags, keep in mind that what sets this kit apart is the fact of the power under the curve, comes on quicker & sustains itself.

As far as that much power with stock internals, they are plenty on this forum running large amounts of boost making 650-680 to the wheels. I spoke to Suman a few days ago he put down 680 w/ 2 bars on his 700, to the wheels is it recommended? hell no! but thats what he wants, thats his choice.

Just the fact that these numbers where attainable at 1.2-1.3 bars is amazing & has to be credited to eficient turbo's & Good tuning!...tom

Old 01-19-2007, 05:34 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Joetwintt,

Your run was very legit!
My only point is that DMK's car is more of a one off, ie.
it is lightened, NOS on I/C, some other stuff that Todd mentioned in a previous quote, etc. Yours was a better comparison because it is full weight!
DMK's quarter mile runs and traps were obviously legit and Nice runs!!
Just not an example of a $28K GT700 thats all.
As soon as people start changing multiple variables then you cant use trap
speed as much of an Comparison, I.E. :
If I lighten my car, change the gears, and do some Protomotive package
and it runs the same trap as Todd's Zuccones GT800 car (140 lets say)
We cannot assume much about the power of my car in relation to a GT800
(assuming the GT800 was stock weight and gearing). I also am not expecting to ever beat Todd Z's GT800 with just the bolt on's I am planning.
His car was a REAL BEAST!!

I may be talking above my "Statman" capabilities but I am using the above
examples just for conversation.

Joe, since your car was already running Killer times and it was not 100%,
we all look for you to set some new standards!! Good luck, and hopefully
we can all hook up this summer.

RE: DMK's 60-130 time, the numbers and graph does not add up from what I have heard,
several people said the graph was impossible ??? nothing to do with tuners.

MK

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 01-19-2007 at 05:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet