996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:38 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by topgun
These numbers were achieved during the tuning procses for 3a, thinking that
the car had rods (if I'm not mistaking). This might be a base line for 3b. this is what makes 3b with the high flow heads, the KILLA B.

Exact quote from UMW
"The dyno sheet is one of the files that was tuned for the Stage 3A kit. Anotherwords while tuning we were hitting these numbers, and higher.. This tuned file will not be released in a 3"A" tuning package. However, it was the numbers produced while tuning the 3"A" kit. It might be a low power race file for the 3"B" kit.. Thing have changed in the last month with the cylinder head program and special reinforced Arrow rod program. With the rods, we can increase the RPM higher than the 3"A" kit."

Old 01-19-2007, 05:40 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
All of this talk is making me so power hungry I hate you Tom and Kev ahha!

Old 01-19-2007, 05:42 PM
RESQ911 is a jewel in the roughRESQ911 is a jewel in the roughRESQ911 is a jewel in the rough
I'm going to assume that the 3A kit includes an upgraded clutch, if so, which one. Where is UMW at? Thanks.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:48 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
The new Sach powerclutch is rated at 840Nm+. He's in Seattle.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:50 PM
RESQ911 is a jewel in the roughRESQ911 is a jewel in the roughRESQ911 is a jewel in the rough
Thank you Vincent!!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
All of this talk is making me so power hungry I hate you Tom and Kev ahha!
FYI if needed in the future. Here's baseline Ruf550 before and after UMW setup.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Very Impressive,

stronger throughout rev range, even at low RPM's

Old 01-19-2007, 05:58 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
First nice numbers kevin and UMW,the torque is great!

1)I thought DMk's run was validated by KPG?Well then why is it on the 60-130 list if it wasn't verified?OR is it because the car was not done by your tuner.
Joe, thanks for the good words. Keep in mind this is SilverSurfers car, mine is still getting ready for the B stage. As for Marty's comments, they are his own and he can speak to them.As for DMK's run, here is how I see it. I will say once again, I am no expert on these Dbox/Pbox files... yes I have a better understanding than most plus some software that others do not have. When Todd Z originally submitted runs there were errors that were not of his making. He had an older version of the firmware that was causing errors in satellite dropout and time/sample errors.He updated the firmware and ran the 60-130 again with a 6.15sec run. I look at slope..was he going downhill an excessive amount? No , it was uphill. Did he have sat dropouts? NO. Did he have time sample errors? NO. Did his avg G's over the run look out of order compared to everyother file on my laptop? NO. The question comes to the shifts, or lack of them. The run was clearly done with no shifts. Can a stock gearbox do a 60-130 in 3rd.NO. Mark has determined that his 8200rpm car can only do 127 in 3rd. Therefore this must have been done in 4th or have non stock gears or ring and pinion. Others have claimed there isnt enough power to do that in 4th with stock gears. I know nothing of DMK's car and its mods. I will admit my limitations, I dont know enough about gearing and wheel thrust to say with any certainty if this is correct. This I do know: The car trapped over 138 and that is not in dispute....it is over 700RWHP according to Todd Z...it is relatively light weight...Common sense will tell you this car is clearly capable of the run. The last thing I am going to get involved in is telling somebody their run is no good because I or someone else thinks it is too fast. I checked the same things on DMK's run as anyother and it passed. These 1/4 standings and 60-130 runs are in the spirit of good fun and competition, once they become something else...I am out of here. Hope to see some great numbers from your car in the future Later, Kevin

Old 01-19-2007, 06:02 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
The new Sach powerclutch is rated at 840Nm+. He's in Seattle.

Tom and I are using an upgraded version of this kit to handle the extra TQ..and no, there wont be any pictures of it

Old 01-19-2007, 06:15 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
These 1/4 standings and 60-130 runs are in the spirit of good fun and competition, once they become something else...I am out of here. Hope to see some great numbers from your car in the future Later, Kevin
Agreed,I am gonna try some baseline runs with the Zo6 this weekend.Maybe I can e-mail them to you and you can tell me if they are legit?Then I can see the difference after its tuned.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:17 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by joetwint
Agreed,I am gonna try some baseline runs with the Zo6 this weekend.Maybe I can e-mail them to you and you can tell me if they are legit?Then I can see the difference after its tuned.
I would be happy to look at them and send you run logs for reference, I will PM my email . Kevin

Old 01-19-2007, 06:21 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by KPG
Tom and I are using an upgraded version of this kit to handle the extra TQ..and no, there wont be any pictures of it
Not to funny to here, i asked for a better version and he sad no

Old 01-19-2007, 06:31 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by SMR
Not to funny to here, i asked for a better version and he sad no
Just some tweaking of the pressure plate...

Old 01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by KPG
Just some tweaking of the pressure plate...
I would like to have known that before i installed it, i did the installation by my self on the garage floor, my lift was ucciped..

Old 01-19-2007, 06:39 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by F**K
All the secrecy surrounding UMW Stage 3 has been killing me, its nice to see some data coming out. Anyone want to put forward more information as to what this kit involves? I'm guessing here, please add or correct me if I'm wrong!

2-inlet carbon fiber airbox with MAF that won't go pop
FVD intake plenum?
Fuel pump, rails, injectors, etc.
Forge diverter valves?
Ported factory headers
Turbochargers (very little info on the UMW website, but it says "K24/997tt Hybrid"........!!!!?? R U SERIOUS??)
Europipe Stage 2 Loud exhaust
Pocket Programmer

From what I've seen, it seems everything between the turbos and motor is stock (hoses, intercoolers, y-pipe, throttle body, etc)?
Hardy, everthing from the CF airbox to the turbos is new. No FVD inlet. Kevin manufactured his own solution that flows better and is lighter.I am not sure of the DV's since I kept my own so I dont need them. Forge is recommended though. I know the fuel pump is in the B kit, not sure about the A...the rest is correct. The turbos are not VTG's if that is what you are asking... they do share some heritage with 997TT turbos though...they are not K24's either...not K16's either...a hybrid hybrid you could say. Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet