996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:41 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SMR
I would like to have known that before i installed it, i did the installation by my self on the garage floor, my lift was ucciped..
It was a last minute thing when heads were included in the kit....strictly for added safety margin. kevin

Old 01-19-2007, 07:35 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Jags, keep in mind that what sets this kit apart is the fact of the power under the curve, comes on quicker & sustains itself.

As far as that much power with stock internals, they are plenty on this forum running large amounts of boost making 650-680 to the wheels. I spoke to Suman a few days ago he put down 680 w/ 2 bars on his 700, to the wheels is it recommended? hell no! but thats what he wants, thats his choice.

Just the fact that these numbers where attainable at 1.2-1.3 bars is amazing & has to be credited to eficient turbo's & Good tuning!...tom
Tom,

Im not concerned about what others are running with stock motors. The 3a kit is being advertised as a setup that does not need a motor build, nevertheless with 800hp a motor build should be required. Kevin from UMW himself is saying that 650 crank hp is in the red zone and 700hp is pushing it.

Basically this dyno sheet is not representative of what a 3a kit will be producing.

Jag

Jag

Old 01-19-2007, 07:48 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
FYI if needed in the future. Here's baseline Ruf550 before and after UMW setup.

I saw it Vince, i really want to see what my car weighs and what its putting out with a few added things, i'll tell you something it feels like 700 hp and tq, not 550

Old 01-19-2007, 07:50 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Agreed,I am gonna try some baseline runs with the Zo6 this weekend.Maybe I can e-mail them to you and you can tell me if they are legit?Then I can see the difference after its tuned.
Joe where are you doing this and when, please let me know, i'll meet up

Old 01-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Tom,

Im not concerned about what others are running with stock motors. The 3a kit is being advertised as a setup that does not need a motor build, nevertheless with 800hp a motor build should be required. Kevin from UMW himself is saying that 650 crank hp is in the red zone and 700hp is pushing it.

Basically this dyno sheet is not representative of what a 3a kit will be producing.

Jag

Jag
I somewhat concur and Im sure Kevin will set it up accordingly... he knows the limits... heck he was telling me with my stage 5ZC at 1.5 bars to be careful( btw I pushed it to 1.5 myself.. I had the TB shutdown bypassed).
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-19-2007, 08:43 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Tom,

Jag

Jag
The stage 3 doesn't require a motor build, it so happens that the dyno sheet represents a car that was thought to have rods. The file for 3a will be adjusted for non rod motors. this is more indicative of a base line for 3b plus the head work....tom

Old 01-19-2007, 08:46 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
This is exactly the reason why Kevin the owner of UMW never post any dyno graphs himself. Furthermore, he does not get into the horse power game nor does he ever markets his packages with ridiculous claims or numbers.. People are just so self-indulged over the dyno numbers and tend to forget the true values of a tuning package which is performance.

Jags, it had mentioned many times that the above dynograph is result of ONE of Kevin's 3A tuning file. As you already know, a particular tuning package can have various tuning files with various safety perimeters. This particular one represents the limit or the maximum output of his 3A tuning package.

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-19-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:50 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
This is exactly the reason why Kevin the owner of UMW never post any dyno graphs himself. Furthermore, he does not get into the horse power game nor does he ever markets his packages with ridiculous claims or numbers.. People are just so self-indulged over the dyno numbers and tend to forget the true values of a tuning package which is performance.

Jags, it had mentioned many times that the above dynograph is result of ONE of Kevin's 3A tuning file. As you already know, a particular tuning package can have various tuning files with various safety perimeters. This particular one represents the limit or the maximum output of his 3A tuning package.
Thank you!!

Old 01-19-2007, 08:51 PM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
RE: DMK's 60-130 time, the numbers and graph does not add up from what I have heard,
several people said the graph was impossible ??? nothing to do with tuners.

MK
Todd told me it was a 4th gear pull.. and i for one believe him completely

Old 01-19-2007, 08:56 PM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Originally Posted by KPG
Joe, thanks for the good words. Keep in mind this is SilverSurfers car, mine is still getting ready for the B stage. As for Marty's comments, they are his own and he can speak to them.As for DMK's run, here is how I see it. I will say once again, I am no expert on these Dbox/Pbox files... yes I have a better understanding than most plus some software that others do not have. When Todd Z originally submitted runs there were errors that were not of his making. He had an older version of the firmware that was causing errors in satellite dropout and time/sample errors.He updated the firmware and ran the 60-130 again with a 6.15sec run. I look at slope..was he going downhill an excessive amount? No , it was uphill. Did he have sat dropouts? NO. Did he have time sample errors? NO. Did his avg G's over the run look out of order compared to everyother file on my laptop? NO. The question comes to the shifts, or lack of them. The run was clearly done with no shifts. Can a stock gearbox do a 60-130 in 3rd.NO. Mark has determined that his 8200rpm car can only do 127 in 3rd. Therefore this must have been done in 4th or have non stock gears or ring and pinion. Others have claimed there isnt enough power to do that in 4th with stock gears. I know nothing of DMK's car and its mods. I will admit my limitations, I dont know enough about gearing and wheel thrust to say with any certainty if this is correct. This I do know: The car trapped over 138 and that is not in dispute....it is over 700RWHP according to Todd Z...it is relatively light weight...Common sense will tell you this car is clearly capable of the run. The last thing I am going to get involved in is telling somebody their run is no good because I or someone else thinks it is too fast. I checked the same things on DMK's run as anyother and it passed. These 1/4 standings and 60-130 runs are in the spirit of good fun and competition, once they become something else...I am out of here. Hope to see some great numbers from your car in the future Later, Kevin
Nice Package, For my car there where many runs i think 5-6 that the car ran the same 60 -130, keep in mind the body of this car is not stock which does help alittle with drag and it sits on the ground, besides my weight reduction. Car is very strong and it ran up 130's all day at the track in scottsdale. Which I forget how many people seen the times posted. Todd Z's car was a monster but I have less of a spool problem. For my mods yes it is a true gt700 package just tuned to the limit before BOOM! Almost forgot on one of the Runs Todd almost killed my car spinning out!!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:02 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Do you have any idea how much lag you have in a fourth gear pull from
let's say 50 mph?? Have you tried any timed runs? Do you know the mph
in the top of 4th gear? 1 gear pull at 6.1 ?? maybe a twin turbo Viper.

So let me see...DMK's car is faster than Markski's ???? HMMM.

I for one do not believe the numbers. Nothing against anyone.

I thought my car felt fast and did my 60-130 mph at 10.9 seconds

try this math out:

DMK was running mostly low 11's and a few high 10's quarter mile.
With a strong 60' you can run almost 3 flat to 60 mph.
that leaves you about 8 seconds to get to the end of the quarter
(which was around 130). This is not exact but you are not going to delete
2 seconds from these quarter mile runs (the 60-130 part of it) by starting
out in 4th gear and not in the sweet part of any torque curve.
Can someone explain this for me?

thoughts??

MK

Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by DMK
Nice Package, For my car there where many runs i think 5-6 that the car ran the same 60 -130, keep in mind the body of this car is not stock which does help alittle with drag and it sits on the ground, besides my weight reduction. Car is very strong and it ran up 130's all day at the track in scottsdale. Which I forget how many people seen the times posted. Todd Z's car was a monster but I have less of a spool problem. For my mods yes it is a true gt700 package just tuned to the limit before BOOM! Almost forgot on one of the Runs Todd almost killed my car spinning out!!
This is a perfect example of a car tuned "limit before boom", this is the same for 3A. it will come with a safe tune, but at the customers reguest "limit before boom"

DMK, I hope to catch you at the track one day! Mine will have a file "Limit before boom" also ....Tom

Old 01-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
When the temps clear up here.... Im going to do some more runs... Ill even video tape it because u can read the 60 to 130 right on the unit instantly...
Once someone starts pulling crazy numbers they will be questions... so the more proof the better... I for one cant do it in one gear... 4th gear is too long.

Marty, I had to shift once.. os my Gs went straight down...
Also Im still at less then 1 bar and in sub 40 degree temps...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 01-19-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=vincentdds]This is exactly the reason why Kevin the owner of UMW never post any dyno graphs himself. Furthermore, he does not get into the horse power game nor does he ever markets his packages with ridiculous claims or numbers.. People are just so self-indulged over the dyno numbers and tend to forget the true values of a tuning package which is performance.

Jags, it had mentioned many times that the above dynograph is result of ONE of Kevin's 3A tuning file. As you already

I hear you bud. but 800hp for a stock motor cannot be safe. that's assuming that umw will be selling the 3a kit as a 800hp kit

Old 01-19-2007, 09:20 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Joe where are you doing this and when, please let me know, i'll meet up
PM sent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW Stage 3A Zero Clearance Breaks New Ground: Dyno Sheet