996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RUF R-GT2 Photoshoot :)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:44 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rwm514
The new GT2 is amazing Martin. Congrats!!
Now how bout some more impressions? How does it feel to drive w/o psm? How do you like the club sport seats? Fill us turbo guys in on the details and differences please!
Rob that butterfly has a real nice ***.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:58 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Rob that butterfly has a real nice ***.
Yeah, its one lucky butterfly

Old 01-21-2007, 12:22 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rwm514
The new GT2 is amazing Martin. Congrats!!
Now how bout some more impressions? How does it feel to drive w/o psm? How do you like the club sport seats? Fill us turbo guys in on the details and differences please!
Ok here it goes.

Well i never drove with PSM on in my turbo, and especially not with the RWD conversion, i wanted to be able to control the back end and car, BUT i do have to say it was amazing having GOOD power and flooring it in first and having traction being rwd, it was pretty crazy. I think part because the lack of a diff in the turbo? Who knows (besides for a weight and power difference as well)

The GT2 is awesome, the most thrilling ride ive been in yet, reminds me SO MUCh of my m3 but without a headache and hassle, more comfy and just overall better performance wise in every way. Its in your face and raw, it feels so mechanical from the clutch feel to the gearbox, to the steering which literally feels like a gokart/exige i drove, no body roll its an overall driver's DRIVERS car!

Now, the turbo i feel was overall better performance wise in a sense where you can extract every ounce out of it you want, without getting yourself into major major trouble. I mean it did everything i wanted it too, at unimagineable speeds and so on without any sweat or hassle.

The GT2 makes you WORK for it and makes the DRIVER sweat But that's why i got it, for that overall thrilling experience every second in the car!

The GT3 seats im use to because of my Pole Positions in the M3, a little tighter but so comfy! I feel right at home now again, the car is so me and im glad to have it

Old 01-21-2007, 02:14 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
Hey Marty I just bot back from my trip glad your still loving the car and glad you've been driving it and takin sum sickkkk pics. It looks awesome we needa meet up and go for a rip or to captree. My friend with the 540 is dieing to see your new whip lol anyways good luck with her shes a beautttt and I'm sure i'll talk to you online or somthing lol peace

P.S. I just finished the GT3 console delete.....It came out sickkkk I gotta show you ASAP

Old 01-21-2007, 02:23 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jrgatfh
Hey Marty I just bot back from my trip glad your still loving the car and glad you've been driving it and takin sum sickkkk pics. It looks awesome we needa meet up and go for a rip or to captree. My friend with the 540 is dieing to see your new whip lol anyways good luck with her shes a beautttt and I'm sure i'll talk to you online or somthing lol peace

P.S. I just finished the GT3 console delete.....It came out sickkkk I gotta show you ASAP
J i was wondering where you have been, then i remembered you went away on a little vacation, how was it, hope you had fun!

Thanks buddy, listen Sunday you up for a ride? Weather is suppose to be good, we'll talk about it tomorrow!

Old 01-21-2007, 02:31 AM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Eh, its alright.

-Markus-

Old 01-21-2007, 02:50 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by iLLM3
J i was wondering where you have been, then i remembered you went away on a little vacation, how was it, hope you had fun!

Thanks buddy, listen Sunday you up for a ride? Weather is suppose to be good, we'll talk about it tomorrow!
Yea man most definately I'll give you a call manana!!

Old 01-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
LOL you fool, i sent him a few pm's and the latest wit a video of where a few guys i know ran their M6, M5 and GT2 at, HUGE straight and a wide open field! He didnt get back to me yet, but im sure Sunday is a go!
Hey Martin, a buddy of mine (Rolando) was there. I'm going to call him today. Those cars might be joining us on our annual run up to Montreal for the GP in June.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:13 AM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future
Krazy!! That thing's über-hot, congrats!

Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Alex
Hey Martin, a buddy of mine (Rolando) was there. I'm going to call him today. Those cars might be joining us on our annual run up to Montreal for the GP in June.
Really here in NY?? Yea i know Omar with the GT2

Old 01-21-2007, 09:47 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Sounds good, i have to coordinate this with Joe (Joetwint) as well, he wants to do some Vbox runs with his Z06 and Mine, then maybe a run!

I am 100% for Sunday though, pm me your plans and i'll be there
I'm still down.Ya have to PM me where that place was in the vids.Was it FBF in Brooklyn?Dress warm its gonna be cold in the AM. Sent P.M.with my number.

P.S.We got a little dusting of snow in the city ,I hope its gone by tomorrow.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jrgatfh

Lets see some pics and a writeup for the console delete!

Old 01-21-2007, 05:01 PM
DavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud of
Congrats on the new car, it's stunning. I hope the weather will soon be better. Oh and great pics.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by joetwint
I'm still down.Ya have to PM me where that place was in the vids.Was it FBF in Brooklyn?Dress warm its gonna be cold in the AM. Sent P.M.with my number.

P.S.We got a little dusting of snow in the city ,I hope its gone by tomorrow.
I left a message for my friend, im sure he will get back to me shortly on the location, lets keep it offline you never know!

I'll call you later..

David thanks so much

Old 01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
WOW!!!

Congrats martin!

The car looks perfect. Enjoy!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: RUF R-GT2 Photoshoot :)