996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RUF R-GT2 Photoshoot :)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:28 AM
cgmeredithjr is infamous around these parts
Ruf GT2

*****'n ride Martin! Total package GT2, awesome!

Cleve

Old 01-19-2007, 08:38 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Congrats the car looks great!

Old 01-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
iLLM3, for your GT2 project I strongly suggest you get your RUF mirrors ASAP.

Other than that the car is perfect!

Old 01-19-2007, 10:11 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Other GT2's bow down to you, it's that SICK.
Has Ruf tested the 550 GT2 on the ring?
Not to my knowledge, but if you have seen the new Faszination video with the r turbo then the car chasing it and getting some awesome shots is a Ruf R gt2 with 550 kit

Martin- Congrats! The car looks incredible.....hope the weather gets better soon, must be agony!

all the best
adam

Old 01-19-2007, 10:17 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Marty,
Adam brought up a good point.

Have you seen the Ruf Fascination video? It is a MUST see. Its a 2 disc DVD that is hair raising when they show the Yellow Bird being driven at the 'Ring.

If you want to see it PM me your address and I will send it to you, I dont have a DVD burner.

Def. worth seeing if you havent already.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:48 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Martin, what can I say? Absolutely gorgeous, and I know the excitement and tingly feeling all over... must be murder not being able to drive the car coz of the weather. (I can't drive the RT12 because she's half a world away, but at least i'm not tormented by seeing her everyday in the garage!)

Welcome to the Ruf family (its a pretty pleasant place to be).

Old 01-19-2007, 10:49 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Seriously tho, i have to ask, as a German-Car fan in training i would like to know what mods you could POSSIBLY do to this car? Just curious....im trained to think that way...its a JDM thing
hahahahah! very insightful! having come thru the JDM route as well... i know exactly what you mean!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Martin,

Steppin up that game bro...car is totally awesome...making it harder and harder for me to wait and get my TT! Thanks alot! HA HA

Can't wait to hear more reviews!

Mike

Old 01-19-2007, 11:41 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hesperus
Martin, what can I say? Absolutely gorgeous, and I know the excitement and tingly feeling all over... must be murder not being able to drive the car coz of the weather. (I can't drive the RT12 because she's half a world away, but at least i'm not tormented by seeing her everyday in the garage!)

Welcome to the Ruf family (its a pretty pleasant place to be).
RT12^^^^^^ How do you live away from that car! It is my all time favorite! Love the color!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:49 AM
bluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Deadly

deadly weapon , congrats

Old 01-19-2007, 11:52 AM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
I think its time to change your name to ILLGT2

Old 01-19-2007, 12:23 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
damn iLL Marty that is sick......enjoy it in good health, she's a beaut

wow a Ruf GT2, can it get better than that?

Old 01-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Get the RUF DVD.

There's a pretty good R Turbo video here
http://www.ruf.se/modeller/RTurbo.php (scroll down)

This one's a bit insane...Rt12 @ Nerdburgring, I bet one of the guys puked altough edited.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...uf+nurburgring

Old 01-19-2007, 02:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Congrats Martin! Looks beautiful. What other goodies besides the 550 kit? Motons (drool), ceramics...and....

p.s. I love seeing the car buying process, when done by an enthusiast, laid out over the months that precede the delivery of the car. It makes these forums worthwhile. Thumbs up.
Thanks man, yea it was an exciting purchase to say the least ! I have the 590 exhaust it hink with no cats (smells like it or maybe 100 cell?) , lightweight flywheel/clutch, doing header's/intercoolers and airbox of some sort to complete the airflow

Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Congratulations, couldn't have happened to a more deserving person!
Ahhh thanks man !!

Originally Posted by 6088TTS
so finally some photos Martin!!! nice ride... we all envy you! whats up next for mods??? drive it like you stole it!

Alan
Alan as i mentioned, header's/intercoolers and airbox, should be noticeable for the summer

Originally Posted by m5am
You really scored a keeper Martin. Now get out there and juice it.(<- That should be your plate )
LOL that's my brothers plate :P jk , thanks!

Originally Posted by master_jcp
Congrats, looks nice. Looks better than your old 996TT.
Ehhh, different yes, both are SICK, my turbo still makes me drool!! Thanks

Originally Posted by Red Devil
Latest forecast cals for some action starting tonight and ending by mid-day Fri. You up for Sunday morning if the roads are clear/dry?
Im up if its dry, you know it

Originally Posted by pilone
You Martin damn bastard!! j/k

Your new Ruf is sensational...I just love it.
How the hell is that thing fast?
Thanks buddy, yes indeed its very fast, but what are you comparing it too? It would humilate my turbo without a doubt!

Old 01-19-2007, 02:46 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
It looks alright I guess

Just kidding congrats again Martin, she's a stunner!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: RUF R-GT2 Photoshoot :)