996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Deviating Stitching option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 08:02 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Deviating Stitching option

I'm trying to figure out what the definition is of deviating stitching as an option on the 996TT. Does it simply mean a different color than the leather? Evidentally, the DS option came in 2 phases. 1) Door and Dash and 2) Front and rear seats. My car has both. My interior is black and my stitching seems to be a dark grey. How many different thread colors were available as DS options, does anyone know? After looking at the website, I couldn't find this option when I built out a 997TT. Is it still available on new TT's?

Old 01-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I am not sure, but from pictures I have seen, it looks like deviated stitching was when the individual stitches were stitched at an angle as oppoed to the way you would normally see stitching run, end to end. Not sure if thats right or even makes sense.......but it was hard to describe.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:54 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
I think DS is just a reference to a different thread color than the leather. Black leather has gray deviated stitching in a 996 turbo standard. You could have opted for red or yellow when the car was ordered. I dont know if its still an option, I didnt see it when I went to the porsche website and spec'd out a 997 gt3.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
What you see on the black Turbo interior is standard. I ordered it on my 03 Boxster S - red stitching on black leather. The stitching pattern is the same, just a different color thread.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:11 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
I'm trying to figure out what the definition is of deviating stitching as an option on the 996TT. Does it simply mean a different color than the leather? Evidentally, the DS option came in 2 phases. 1) Door and Dash and 2) Front and rear seats. My car has both. My interior is black and my stitching seems to be a dark grey. How many different thread colors were available as DS options, does anyone know? After looking at the website, I couldn't find this option when I built out a 997TT. Is it still available on new TT's?
Black leather comes with grey stitching-so it is the only color interior where you get deviating stitching for free.

For the 997 there are 5 or 6 different options for deviating stitching, dash, doors, seats, exclusive options etc..

Old 01-22-2007, 11:00 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
The reason for my initial question is that I was reading my Certificate of Authenticity from the factory and it lists the DS under the "Optional Equipment:" section. So it's really not optional w/ black leather, but standard.

Thanks for the insight, guys.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:18 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
My black leather does not have grey stitching. All black!

Old 01-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, then, since my stitching is grey, then maybe it really was "optional equipment."

Old 01-23-2007, 07:11 PM
So if you get anything but a black interior, didyou have to pay for the "option" of deviating stiching? or was it included in the price of the color of the leather?

Old 01-23-2007, 07:26 PM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
My turbo has black interior with red deviated stitching on the doors, dash and seats. It is definately an option to have stitching a different color than the rest of the leather. Most people got DS in either red or yellow (and a lot of times with seat belts to match, like mine).
jb

Old 01-23-2007, 07:33 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jbpricemd
My turbo has black interior with red deviated stitching on the doors, dash and seats. It is definately an option to have stitching a different color than the rest of the leather. Most people got DS in either red or yellow (and a lot of times with seat belts to match, like mine).
jb
Sounds nice, do you have any pics?

Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rwm514
Sounds nice, do you have any pics?
I still haven't taken any close up pictures of the interior of my car, even though i've had it for almost a year. The combination of the red stitching, red belts, and red brake calipers (on seal gray) does look pretty cool. If and when i ever get another turbo, i think i'll get the same combination. My car also has the paint to match center console in seal gray which looks good.

I'm happy with the interior, so now it's time for a giac flash and exhaust. I'm leaning toward the awe tuning exhaust with 300 cell cats, because i don't want any check engine lights down the road. What do you guys think of this exhaust?
jb

Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 PM
YNOTFAST has a spectacular aura aboutYNOTFAST has a spectacular aura aboutYNOTFAST has a spectacular aura about
I have red stitching all over the interior of black leather. The window sticker lists this as an option I believe is deviated stitching.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:37 PM
YNOTFAST,

What is the cost for the red stiching?

Old 01-24-2007, 09:49 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I did not get DS...I replaced the seats (GT3 with red inserts) and belts (red), airbag (red), center console lid, door arm pads...oh all red.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deviating Stitching option