996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Weight Savings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:07 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DMK
Well I hate to break it to you yeah I spent right around 20k brand new from porsche pccb gen 2's. I bought them just to get rid of any weight possible. I have poured some stupid $$$ into my car
Havent we all, I'm starting to feel better about the 35k I put into my M5 to give it 75 more hp now that I see that other people are as sick as I am for doing that. Trust me, I feel your pain.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:14 PM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
Yeah I know it all to well have a IWC Benz kleeman package bbs lms 20's on the floor my beater This crap adds up so quick it starts to make me sick, I am about 125k + in to 911 with out the price of the car

Old 01-26-2007, 11:19 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DMK
Yeah I know it all to well have a IWC Benz kleeman package bbs lms 20's on the floor my beater This crap adds up so quick it starts to make me sick, I am about 125k + in to 911 with out the price of the car
Car's are like women
They feel great when your with them (nice version)
But man do they cost a lot of money

but at least they dont talk back, wont leave unless you dont pay for them or dont want them , and dont take half when they do leave

Old 01-26-2007, 11:27 PM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
100% correct the older I become all the toys get pricer

Old 01-27-2007, 10:08 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thank you DMK,

Your spending makes my modding seem downright Prudent and almost

healthy !!

MK

Old 01-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
You guys come up with an accurate, comprehensive weight savings list and I'll make it a sticky.

FYI...my RWD conversion saved me 120 lbs. That's front axles, driveshaft and diff guts.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-27-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:32 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Scott,

I will weigh my factory seats when I remove them
and then weigh the factory GT3 seats and give you the
difference in actual lbs.

MK

Old 01-27-2007, 05:35 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
You guys come up with an accurate, comprehensive weight savings list and I'll make it a sticky.

FYI...my RWD conversion saved me 120 lbs. That's front axles, driveshaft and diff guts.
Crazy considering others that did the RWD conversion said no more then 80lbs they weighed in at, i never got to weigh mine but it was a noticeable different in every aspect!

Old 01-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Crazy considering others that did the RWD conversion said no more then 80lbs they weighed in at, i never got to weigh mine but it was a noticeable different in every aspect!
It's not crazy. They simply didn't remove as many components as I did.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:29 PM

Hey..... so are you saying my list lacks accuracy and comprehension?????

J/K

Who wants the arduous task of putting all this info together? I would but I would need to know what info is considered as accurate.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of

I'm assuming that what you have remaining is the two front axle stubs lateral to the CV joints and a splined shaft from the front of the transaxle. Is that correct? I'm getting ready to do that conversion and have found a lot of different numbers in various threads on the board as to what is the actual weight savings.

Al

Old 01-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
I took out all of the sound deadening from the back half of the car..&
carbon bumpers front and rear
Carbon hood (getting installed soon)
carbon trunk
carbon wing
Carbon Kevlar Fenders
GT3 Seats
LW Flywheel (installing one soon)
Carbon kevlar rear flares (cut off some of the body to extend fenders so there was some metal reduction )
I will be weighing it again when I have the LW Flywheel done and new exhaust done (GT3 cup car style one muffler)

Old 01-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Brucem
I took out all of the sound deadening from the back half of the car..&
carbon bumpers front and rear
Carbon hood (getting installed soon)
carbon trunk
carbon wing
Carbon Kevlar Fenders
GT3 Seats
LW Flywheel (installing one soon)
Carbon kevlar rear flares (cut off some of the body to extend fenders so there was some metal reduction )
I will be weighing it again when I have the LW Flywheel done and new exhaust done (GT3 cup car style one muffler)
So do you have an idea of how much weight you lost?

Old 01-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
I don't know to be honest... Alex (sharky) weighed his, and he was around 28xx.... if I remember correctly.. i also have the carbon fenders and trunk and hood... so I am hoping low 2800...

Old 01-28-2007, 12:47 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
With everything mentioned above, there are many items being overlooked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weight Savings