996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rattle from rear passenger side ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:33 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
Rattle from rear passenger side ?

I've had this rattle which is progressively getting worse - sounds like a cable or something tapping against metal,

Used to only happen under hard acceleration at a certain speed / revs, sort of like a resonance rattle - now it's there when going over un-even pavement.

Before I tear into the interior rear quarter panel - I was wondering if anyone had any ideas / suggestions as to what to look for ?

Thanks Tim

Old 01-28-2007, 04:54 PM
BusyLivin is infamous around these parts
check the rear passenger window. i've had mine repaired twice for rattles. just a loose fitment in there.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:36 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
How do I check the rear passenger window ?

Sorry to a sound a little dumb - but how do I check it ? It doesn't appear to be loose and as far as I can see there's no loose trim around it.

Is there something specific I should look for ?

Thanks again, Tim

Old 01-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
I have this same problem, I'm probably going to take off my front and rear passenger side door panels. It sounds like something tapping against metal or maybe a speaker that is loose. I had a rattle coming from my e-brake so I took off my rear center console and found out that when the ebrake wasnt being used the steel cables and holder would bang against the metal. I just wrapped it in felt and now its gone!! lol If I solve this second rattle I'll let you know how I did it.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Banned
GR996TT is infamous around these parts
My passenger side noises were traced to the molding for the rear window. It was a known issue that my dealer handled under warranty.

You need to start rocking some mods on your ML already...