996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SF Bay: where can I weigh my car ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:24 PM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
SF Bay: where can I weigh my car ?

Is there a trick to get a car's weight measured in the SF Bay Area ?
I assume that the CHP truck scales on highways are not a good idea, so what are the alternatives ?

Old 01-29-2007, 12:02 AM
SLA
SLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud of
Most dumps have scales for weighing vehicles, so do some truck stops. I'd just call around.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:09 AM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Let me know what you find, I'd love to weight my GT.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:32 AM
YoWils is infamous around these parts
You could find out if you corner-balance the car .

Old 01-29-2007, 01:49 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
A grain elevator, truck weigh station, junk yard, but these scales have 1-200# variation built in, so a little inaccurate.
Most drag strips will have very accurate scales, but you are better off getting an estimated weight when corner balancing as willis mentioned.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:52 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
hey bro!

I'm located in Morgan Hill... i think my neighbor whos my friend has one... he asked me if i wanted to corner balance my car... i said sure but i was in hurry that day....ill ask him how accurate it is...and if he still has it....i'll shot you a PM when i find out cool?

Enrique

Old 01-29-2007, 10:22 AM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
What do you mean by corner balancing ?

Old 01-29-2007, 10:55 AM
I think if you do a search, you'll find many discussions in the past about the benefit (or lack thereof) of corner balancing. Basically, it's a way of further fine-tuning your suspension set-up. Along the way, you find how the weight of the car.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:05 AM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ze_shark
Is there a trick to get a car's weight measured in the SF Bay Area ?
I assume that the CHP truck scales on highways are not a good idea, so what are the alternatives ?
I have a suggestion why not get your car corner balance and weight done all at the same time at Custom Alignments in Mountain View. This is a top notch business I highly recommend, ask for Joe.
http://www.customalignment.com/

Old 01-29-2007, 11:28 AM
BLTZKRG is infamous around these parts
I have a set of digital corner weight scales if anyone would like to use them.
Drop me a pm, I'm in the Bay Area

Old 01-29-2007, 03:12 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CLS
I have a suggestion why not get your car corner balance and weight done all at the same time at Custom Alignments in Mountain View. This is a top notch business I highly recommend, ask for Joe.
http://www.customalignment.com/
because they are *NOT* good anymore.

i took my supra in 1.5 years ago to get coilovers put on. afterwards, thee tires kept hitting the inner fender and CA refused to see the car for "3 weeks" - they're back wait. (never mind, they had just worked on the car 2 days prior and should have seen it just to fix it.)

fine, i'll look into it myself. what i found when i took off the wheel HORRIFIED me! the main bolt for the front A-Arm was just DANGLING! it was beyond loose.

never ever again.

- chuck

Old 01-29-2007, 04:17 PM
That's a shame. I used to use them a few years ago, and they were quite competent then, although the lead time for appointments was always too long.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by BLTZKRG
I have a set of digital corner weight scales if anyone would like to use them.
Drop me a pm, I'm in the Bay Area
Great ! You have a pm.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
BLTZKRG is infamous around these parts
If any of you guys locally in SF Bay area want to measure your corner weights I have a storage space in Pleasanton, you can all come around and mess around with the scales one Saturday Morning
I also have the Camber measuring tool

Old 01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
I am in ! Would you be available to do that on Feb 3rd ?
What time would work for you ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SF Bay: where can I weigh my car ?