996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:53 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
ah gotcha. at that point might as well go with a full carbon door and no liner...

Old 01-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
I'm not trying to make a race car out of this thing. I like the fact that the interior still looks mostly stock and I don't want to change that. I still drive it on the street sometimes when the weather is clear. I've just been removing things I don't use as long as it doesn't change the interior appearance very much.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:35 PM
stevo996tt is infamous around these parts
that is a lot of hp.. nice info

Old 01-27-2009, 07:26 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Al Norton
I'm not trying to make a race car out of this thing. I like the fact that the interior still looks mostly stock and I don't want to change that. I still drive it on the street sometimes when the weather is clear. I've just been removing things I don't use as long as it doesn't change the interior appearance very much.

What was your last weight on the corner scales Al?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
What was your last weight on the corner scales Al?
Last weight plus Lexan splitter minus speakers and rear insulation/carpet piece behind the ECU area under rear window should give track weight with 1/2 tank at about 3460. Car with 1/2 tank now 3270.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Inaccurate has a spectacular aura aboutInaccurate has a spectacular aura aboutInaccurate has a spectacular aura about
I found this forum and thread while researching for lightweight tires for my Acura TL Diet.

I registered so that I could post this reply.

A few pages back in this thread, sunroof replacements were being discussed. It might be possible for you guys to make a carbon fiber replacement plug like I did for my Acura TL. See page 21 & 22 of my thread at the Acura forum, linked below

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showt...610974&page=21

Happy to see that your 6speedonline forum is not filled with ridicule regarding weight-reduction mods. I endure much ridicule over at my Acura forum.

If you have time, please browse my TL Diet thread for possible things that might apply to your car too. For example, I see that lightweight batteries are discussed in this thread. I have had excellent results with my Braille battery (see page 6 of the TL Diet). Are you guys able to install racing fiberglass seats (see page 15 of the TL Diet). Hope that some of you guys can find some dieting ideas from my sole-adventures with my TL Diet.

Cheers

Old 01-31-2009, 03:23 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Wow dude you are hardcore with it. Excellent ideas. Love the new "Ipod integration".

Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Windscreen wipers, Bosch Icons are half the weight of OEM items fwiw & they look neater

Old 02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
BOSCH ICON ftw. Love those blades.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Just scaled the car after a host of upgrades.

3246 with a full tank of gas. Still have heavy factory sport seats, airbags, bumper supports to go as well as some undercoating and sound deadening material which we'll tackle when we do the cage install in the coming weeks.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:44 PM
What is your reduction list so I can add you?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:15 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I have the headliner, and sunroof coming out as well as the interior, airbags, and doors and the cage going in. windows will be changed to lexan. I will give final weight when done. I am done pretending the car is a street car, will be full race for the upcoming season mostly PBOC and NASA with some PCA events. oh yeah the factory steering wheel gone for a Sparco removable!!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Want detailed pics and description of sunroof removal.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:04 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Want detailed pics and description of sunroof removal.
well this is interesting. two guys that race with me at Vortex have done different things I of course a little different.
first guy cut the roof off and put a new skin on. the skin to me was not that light but factory.
second guy had headliner and mechanism removed and roof piece welded back in.
I didnt want to cut the car so removed the headliner and sunroof stuff and siliconing in a CF piece. seems like best of both worlds, strong, light and matches the CF stuff on the car!!
pics will come. I want 200 pounds off the car but remember a NASA approved cage is getting welded in so some weight offset

Old 02-19-2009, 07:43 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
"FrankenPorsche" : are we ever going to get a list from this guy?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List