996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
This thread should really be stickied.

Back up, as I couldn't even find it with a search.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That has happened to me too, I thought they deleted it for a second. Really tees me off every time I look at what does get stickied around here.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Yeah, this is getting old. I guess what we want doesn't count...

Old 01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Szpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud of
I wish I didn´t need to search for this thread every time I need it.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:11 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Another vote to Sticky!

Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
another vote to sticky!
+1681

Old 01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Apologies for asking the obvious, but has anyone approached moderators and been given specific feedback about why this thread *shouldn't* be a good sticky? Many other automotive forums do have "lightweight/weight loss" threads as stickies, so I'm just curious about what may be different over here, if anything. Thanks.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:05 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
No feedback from the mods at all. Silent treatment.

When I first joined here I posted a "how about a picture thread" thread and it was stickied quickly due to the response to it, then a mod took it down because my screen name is heavychevy. Then it got stickied again for a little while, then taken down again.

The things that any person here who owns or is interested in turbos would want to know like "where are some pictures of these cars" or "how much do these cars weigh" aren't important.

This is the 60-130/standing mile section. Supra Forums replica. Might as well rename it.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:44 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by heavychevy
That has happened to me too, I thought they deleted it for a second. Really tees me off every time I look at what does get stickied around here.

Another vote for sticky!

Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Please mods....perhaps the most valuable thread in the whole shebang. Weight is killer. Leave it up to the vendors to come up with clever ways to use this.....

Jeff

Old 01-17-2010, 11:16 AM
To the top.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:49 PM
bump sticky

Old 01-22-2010, 03:52 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
bump sticky
Sorry forgot...

Old 01-23-2010, 02:35 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Jeff,

Any more pictures of that rear wing of the 996 rsr ? how many lbs did you lose ?
I think that and gt2 front are my next mods... to lose weight .. and downforce...

Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
You guys are barking up the wrong tree, and maybe you don't understand the intent of the use of the site.

Before you start popping blood vessels and having aneurysms, hear me out for a second...

The intent of the site, if I truly understand it from their trends to pander to the vendors is simple... It's a social site for guys to come together for parts and chat about (mainly straightline) power mods and to showcase their builds. It's also a place for the vendors to scout sales... Simple as that.

I've written a number of technical articles and had them stickied for a short period of time, and then they too, fell into the abyse of the volume of posts about "what wheel looks best" and "what's the best color on my 996TT"...

I like this site and the guys who run it are doing so within their intent, but make no bones about it, those of us who are track day guys are the minority. It is what it is... And the reason I'm currently looking for a "new" home to hang out at... Not that I'm leaving 6speeds all together, but just don't want to pour thru 80 posts about 60-130 times and how to get there the fastest, or the "biggest" HP to go fastest in a straightline. It's just not my bag, and clearly IS of great interest to most here... So go with the flow or get out of the pool... It's that simple.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 01-23-2010 at 04:09 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List