996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:22 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
How about we start our own Mike. I've been to teamspeed and it's not my flavor, I want something technical and advanced in nature that concentrates on builds, DIY, Race racing, even straight line speed as long as it's not a reincarnation of supra forums like this place has become.

Now that I think about it, Renntrack might be the best place to go in that regard.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:10 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Dez, As a former senior member of another site (for 8 years) I can honestly say I don't miss the day in and day out bullshyte of tools posted flamewars, the influx of spam, and the general care and feeding of a site with large membership... You and I both own businesses, so I don't think either of us have the kind of free time it would take initially... Seriously, it's like baby sitting until you get the right group of support folks helping to run it.

If we can find a place (like renntrack.com) that would be best... I've even thought about pelicanparts board... I'm all ears at this point... Been over to teamspeed the last few days, as I have a couple of locals that steered me there, but who knows...

I'm wide open for suggestions at this point...
Mike

Old 01-23-2010, 05:18 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
...Or maybe just gravitate to and take over the track and autocross category here?

Mike

Old 01-23-2010, 07:10 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That would be cool.

I have a local site, and I guess I've been spoiled by one of my friends doing all the spam zapping and we have small numbers so it's not a big deal. Renntrack would be a good place to hang in the meantime, they are new and building.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Just created an account on Renntrack...

Old 01-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Good messages guys. Really hard to decide between Rennlist, Pelican, Renntrack, and 6speed. 6speed has most members so that's good, and good members too. Local boards are excellent but it would be nicer to chat with wider audience.

I think just like Mikelly as he already knows. I drive the car on track and do lap time comparisons and time attacks so my focus is different compared to the majority here. That is why I know that I have different opinions about good mods etc. too...For example here people rarely suggest harder springs (compared to the one you get with the usual coilover kit) or a LSD even though these parts are excellent for a 996TT.

Even though I am all about track driving, I do know going fast is always fun even on a straight line. Yet one thing I hate about the straight line focus here is that it is not informative at all: Just look at the 1/4 mile and 60-130 stats. They don't show the mods and the tune (and the gasoline used) but rather they show only the member name. Hah! Of course it is nice to know is it "Jim" or "Joe" doing 5.0 sec 60-130 but honestly no one cares! For informative purposes people are interested about the mods and the tune, not about the driver doing the run. Or is it so, that the straight line guys value WHO the driver was, not WHAT was made to the car...It could be so

Old 01-23-2010, 08:41 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
This doesn't get stickied but Pioneer electronics at the CES show does??

Old 01-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Mike, I have an account on Renntrack, it was just so new, I hadn't spent much time there. But my frustration here just grows and grows with constant vendor posting in every thread about everything trying to sell stuff and the most talk about thing here being 60-130 and standing mile. Getting on my nerves.

Kaizu, I agree on all accounts.

Deckman, it's just a shame isn't it?

Old 01-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Top...sticky please.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Top.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:11 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
yeah.. you guys have no idea how much i hate these drag racing threads... ugh.. a porsche is ment for the turns, go buy supras / american muscle cars.... thats what runs through my mind when i see all those hp built threads/ mile racing etc.... annoying as hell....
bump

Old 02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
yeah.. you guys have no idea how much i hate these drag racing threads... ugh.. a porsche is ment for the turns, go buy supras / american muscle cars.... thats what runs through my mind when i see all those hp built threads/ mile racing etc.... annoying as hell....
bump
Weight reduction isn't just for drag cars .......

Old 02-02-2010, 01:21 PM
To make it worse the drag/street racers and guys that generally add hp for no reason had the nerve to question me for using a Turbo on the road course. Go figure.

You know it's gotten out of hand around here now. I'm the silly one for driving a Porsche where they were developed and meant to be driven, while the guy who adds 1,000 hp is the norm.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:25 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
bump

Here is a though for you crazydriver. Drag strips are more accessible than road courses. I would love to have VIR or Laguna in my back yard. I don't, so, to keep things safe and not street race, I take it to the local drag strip.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
Weight reduction isn't just for drag cars .......
There are few if any threads here that apply to more people with 996 TT's. If you drag, street, road, rally, auto-x or whatever or just generally want a little more pep for little money invested.

Frankly I'd rather see a picture or aftermarket body mods thread as a sticky than 60-130. But hey, making a thread composed of 99% illegal highway runs is really nice though.

I think F1's post was just regarding the sheer number of new 700 whp, ran X 60-130 or the next standing mile event threads.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List