996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:32 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Weight reduction isn't just for drag cars .......
Understood. This thread is mostly from road racing drivers... if you look at the people whom have posted here, most of them do road racing. I come here to read a lot of information of what others whom have done a lot of track racing to get ideas on how to mod my car.....i think you misunderstood my post.

Originally Posted by heavychevy
To make it worse the drag/street racers and guys that generally add hp for no reason had the nerve to question me for using a Turbo on the road course. Go figure.

You know it's gotten out of hand around here now. I'm the silly one for driving a Porsche where they were developed and meant to be driven, while the guy who adds 1,000 hp is the norm.

Exactly. I know what you mean, i ignore those silly post.
People have the misconception just cuz its a turbo,
its not good for the track. I laught. Because its obvious they
dont know what they are talking about, or never been to a track,
or cant drive properly around twisty roads.
Or have to much hp that is useless and dosent work on a road course

Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Here is a though for you crazydriver. Drag strips are more accessible than road courses. I would love to have VIR or Laguna in my back yard. I don't, so, to keep things safe and not street race, I take it to the local drag strip.
You don't need a popular track to have fun.
I'm sure theirs several road courses in Texas.
If there wasent i dont know why a few of my buddys do it frequently.

Theirs 9 from what i counted...

http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/NAmerica/USA/usa.html

Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Dez, is there a thread for lap times at different road courses? That would be killer.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:37 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Dez, is there a thread for lap times at different road courses? That would be killer.

There is...or their was a sticky... doint know wtf happend to it...

to stay on topic .....

I have done some weight reductions since the last itme i weight it in at 3350...

I think as of now, i should be at about 3200-3250 lbs.. i'll go to weight scale sometime soon and check it out.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Yes, but sadly that's not important either and has been flushed into the abyss over time.

Don't get me wrong, I like an occasional trip to the drag strip as well, I will be the first to want solid evidence of hp added mods and the drag strip is the place to get it.

I generally have no understanding of the 60-130 or standing mile though, they get on my nerves. If there was balance, which there used to be, then it would be great. But advertising standing mile events and 60-130 events while everything else is pushed aside is just plain retarded.

This is WORSE than Supraforums. Just this section though.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
I'm a big fan of this thread, thanks and I'm even going on a diet now.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:26 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Dont know if its a repost: Stock Battery = 52 lbs.
Odyssey PC925 = 26 lbs.
Voltphreaks VPH750 = 5.25 lbs.

The VPH750 is a Lithium-Iron battery. Cost is a significant multiple more than the above two but if weight reduction is critical...

Old 03-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
I have a feeling that even that Voltphreaks battery is a bargain relative to the OEM Porsche Lithium-Ion option that they now offer for the 2010 GT3 RS.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
I have a feeling that even that Voltphreaks battery is a bargain relative to the OEM Porsche Lithium-Ion option that they now offer for the 2010 GT3 RS.

how much, and how much does it weigh?

I went the other direction with a bosch that weighs 64lbs.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:29 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Right you are!!

Originally Posted by Prche951
how much, and how much does it weigh?
It is ~ $1700 and weighs ~13 lbs. I understand. So to me the Voltphreaks is a no brainer alternative.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:52 AM
more_speed is infamous around these parts
The XS Power batteries (http://www.4xspower.com) are a great option. Titan Motorsports runs them (forum sponsors). They have the light weight AGM batteries that produce a ton of power, and give the added advantage of reduced weight. I have had great luck with mine and they come with a 3yr warranty (no thats not 3yr prorated).

Old 03-26-2010, 08:06 AM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MBailey
Dont know if its a repost: Stock Battery = 52 lbs.
Odyssey PC925 = 26 lbs.
Voltphreaks VPH750 = 5.25 lbs.

The VPH750 is a Lithium-Iron battery. Cost is a significant multiple more than the above two but if weight reduction is critical...
Is the Odyssey PC925 a good buy for the money (~$150)? Which battery is the most reliable and lightest under $200?

Thanks!

Old 03-26-2010, 08:25 AM
more_speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bad107
Is the Odyssey PC925 a good buy for the money (~$150)? Which battery is the most reliable and lightest under $200?

Thanks!

XS Power S925 for under the hood or D925 if you are going to move the battery somewhere else. The S925 comes with a protective metal case and brass automotive terminals. Titan has them for about $159 for the S925 and $139 for the D925. Better performance than the Odyssey and a better warranty. Oh and the XS Power battery is track and daily driver proven.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
I need to lose some weight as I tipped the scales at 3420 with 1/4 tank and all the normal stuff in it while my brother and my friend in their vettes are at 3200 and 3100.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:39 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blockhed
I need to lose some weight as I tipped the scales at 3420 with 1/4 tank and all the normal stuff in it while my brother and my friend in their vettes are at 3200 and 3100.

You're in the right place. Post #524 of this thread is what I did and the weight lost. I actually lost more, based on the track scale. I estimated 221, but the track scale had me at a 249-250lb loss. My car is 3150 with 1/4 tank of fuel and 3330 with me in it (same fuel) last time I weighed it.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:24 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
You're in the right place. Post #524 of this thread is what I did and the weight lost. I actually lost more, based on the track scale. I estimated 221, but the track scale had me at a 249-250lb loss. My car is 3150 with 1/4 tank of fuel and 3330 with me in it (same fuel) last time I weighed it.

What kind of track scale was it? If not corner scales, it's probably one of those truck scales that the whole car drives on to one big scale (instead of pads), then theose are usually 10-30 lbs off the actual weight, many time too light. I experienced the same thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List