996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

AZ Drag Day 3/3/07!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I must say it is pretty amazing having all those cool 996TT's in one place and
no major breakdowns, that is very cool. After having been to Joe's December
event at the same drag strip it gave me goosebumps to see these amazing
Sports Cars turning times in the 10's. Many good points above and there certainly are many, many factors coming together in a good run. Not easy to
do. We need a group hug so we can all have fun with this great drag day.

Marty K.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:58 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Its nice to see EVOMS keep pushing the envelope on the 996tt...great job guys and awesome numbers!! I have NEVER seen or heard of an AWD car pull the front wheels of the ground...nice work...Joe, did you remove the sway bars?
Hey Alex,the car does not pull the wheels,at least it don't at Speedworld.The track only has traction about 30ft past the tree and then its like being on ice.Its the first track where I have run a car and made several passes and couldn't nail one where I said to myself "hey that was a good pass".My car has a stock turbo suspension with the sway bars and everything else connected.This is how I have fun with it in NY and I wanted to run it just how I would drive it without stripping it.I'm sure it would pick up a few tenths and a few mph by removing a few things,but I am not gonna hack up my car.I had a goal in my head (mph wise) of what I wanted it to run with full weight and it exceeded it this weekend at a track with subpar conditions.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:15 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Oh and by the way to confuse this even more my Driftbox numbers were horrific from the track yesterday,even on my best pass. Maybe there is something wrong with my box?I don't know .I took it out after about 5 passes cause it was driving me nuts.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:16 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
I took it out after about 5 passes cause it was driving me nuts.
Don't lie, you really thought you could get a real wheelie if you lost that extra 1/2 pound.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Don't lie, you really thought you could get a real wheelie if you lost that extra 1/2 pound.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Oh and by the way to confuse this even more my Driftbox numbers were horrific from the track yesterday,even on my best pass. Maybe there is something wrong with my box?I don't know .I took it out after about 5 passes cause it was driving me nuts.
send it to KPG...
All u have to do it insert the memory card.. thats it... it recorded everything...
thats what I did and its super close...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-05-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:35 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Joe what turbos are you using on ur GT800?? GT30 with 76 mm??? did you have to change your fuel system?? pump?? when going from a GT700 to a GT800 package?? Congrads on your time.......

Old 03-05-2007, 06:01 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a vid of the 1000+RWHP Supra making a 9.1 run:

http://www.snirk.phanfare.com/album/...96765/13263394

Old 03-05-2007, 09:55 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a couple more of the Supra, including his 8 second pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTL4rvbmck4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rk4sSQYoLQ

Old 03-05-2007, 09:59 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Thx for the vids Joe, that supra is ridiculous

Old 03-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by rwm514
Thx for the vids Joe, that supra is ridiculous
Nice to finally meet you Rob!

Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
It was good to put faces to members here . I was feeling like a slow poke out there yesterday compared to all the hi hp porsches . I couldnt get the launch right but did notice an improvement in my trap speeds since the last time I was at the track. I was in the 119 to 121 range for all my passes (about 6). Whereas before my RWD conversion, I was at mostly at 115 with a single 119 trap. My best slip from yesterday was 12.23 @ 121.19. Todd Z got one of my other slips accidentally, (It think it might have been a 10 sec pass)
Props for coordinating a great event Joe.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:18 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rwm514
It was good to put faces to members here . I was feeling like a slow poke out there yesterday compared to all the hi hp porsches . I couldnt get the launch right but did notice an improvement in my trap speeds since the last time I was at the track. I was in the 119 to 121 range for all my passes (about 6). Whereas before my RWD conversion, I was at mostly at 115 with a single 119 trap. My best slip from yesterday was 12.23 @ 121.19. Todd Z got one of my other slips accidentally, (It think it might have been a 10 sec pass)
Props for coordinating a great event Joe.
Rob, that is a great trap for the mods...Congrats. The ET will get better....Kevin

Old 03-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Banned
mike@evo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dan@EVO
Joe there is only one icy mike:

Then there is vanilla ice.

"Daniel son! You didn't know you were the designated EVOMS Taxi / Parts car? Perks of being the GM right?"

This was a little more disturbing though. I turn my back and they were on my car like a pack of jawa!

BOT, another Sonny rolling
Thanks for the new nick name Dan!!!

I just woke up from a long nap from a long day yesterday and I have to say, first thanks to JOE C. for the great event and allowing all of us to get many many runs in. Second I would like to thank John and Joe (EVO TECHS) for helping with everyones cars on there own time. Last but not least thank you Joe G., Sonny, Mike W., DMK and all of EVOMS customers for comming out to such a great event and supporting the local scene.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Here are some more vids of the SECC drag day!
Sorry for the crappy video quality, I need a new camera.LOL.
http://media.putfile.com/SECC-DRAG-DAY

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AZ Drag Day 3/3/07!!!