996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

8 sec EVO wants to kill me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:14 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Uh, it's called work. I have to pay for all of these cars you know. You're right my car is weak, I would gladly trade it for a hyped out Datsun any day as I'm sure everyone else on the board and anyone over the age of 17 would.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:23 PM
VRAlexander
Attachment 46296

Joe,
If you see an EVO8 with this kind of turbo setup....then you should worry about 8's otherwise a GT35R (no NOS) on a factory weight car is good for 10's

Attachment 46297
Name:  Alex's EVO8 frontView.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  94.2 KB

Whats this...you are not coming to Vegas????????????????????????????????

Last edited by VRAlexander; 02-15-2007 at 02:34 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:25 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Attachment 46296

Joe,
If you see an EVO8 with this kind of turbo setup....then your should worry about 8's otherwise a GT35R (no NOS) on a factory weight car is good for 10's

Attachment 46297
Attachment 46298
That's crazy

The intercooler's about 3 times as big as the radiator

Old 02-02-2007, 08:29 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Alex that is nuts, simply ridiculous! Wish i had one of those badboys as another toy

Old 02-02-2007, 08:31 PM
VRAlexander
Thanks guys...I am breaking her in this weekend...she will be in Vegas for the event! Joe, come to the event and you can take her for a spin...well OVER 1000hp and 10K redline...and she is not even close to being a 2 or 2.3 liter...

Old 02-02-2007, 08:38 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr
Guess who just got an EVO IX to satisfy the HP withdrawals after selling the GT2 GT700?

Me! Let me tell you guys, it may be a "rice-rocket", and I may look like I'm 16 driving it, but who gives a ****, this is one of the most fun cars I have driven in a long time and it has back seats and back doors for the kids. It has unbelievable grip with the AWD and R-compounds from the factory and the short gearing keeps you totally involved...a real *****'n econorocket!

I took it to a buddy of mine's shop, Batlground Engineering, and we put it on his dynojet to see what kind of power it made and how much we could improve with just tuning. Bone stock it made 253 AWHP and 250 AWTQ. With just tuning, a stronger wastegate actuator, and a Greddy Profec-B to turn up the boost a little, we made 309 AWHP and 301 AWTQ. Within a couple of weeks, I will uncork the factory exhaust and change the cams...the car should make 360-370 AWHP and similar AWTQ...on pump gas...this can be done for pennies (compared to Porsche tuning ) and it will run with a 996TT!

Don't worry, I haven't left, I am actively looking for a replacement GT2 since one of my businesses is under contract to be sold.

Cleve

Cleve

Glad to hear you bought an Evo. I've been considering one myself for the track. If tuned to 400awhp these cars can get around. Good luck w/ your GT2 hunt.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Thanks guys...I am breaking her in this weekend...she will be in Vegas for the event! Joe, come to the event and you can take her for a spin...well OVER 1000hp and 10K redline...and she is not even close to being a 2 or 2.3 liter...
what a beast Alex!!! congrats...can't wait to hear some kills and see some vids!!!

Old 02-02-2007, 08:41 PM
AaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
if this guy is on anything over 25 psi you guys dont have a chance...
link to the 1/4 run:
http://www.djmarkski.com/evo 8/10_2-...D 1.85Mbps.mpg

fixed the link for you.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
What do you think that it would trap/60-130?

I am facsinated with these 4cyl motors that make so much power
I have no idea... but will find out as soon as I get into upper 30s LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-02-2007, 10:36 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Great reading up till I hit AaronK's avatar and them everything stops...

Old 02-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
joe come down to the shop...i have a 500+whp evo would love to take you for a ride in.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:59 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by glh
Great reading up till I hit AaronK's avatar and them everything stops...

I had the same first reaction.....Ummmm...what where we talking about???

Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
You've got nothing to worry about assuming:

1. Street not drag strip
2. Both running street legal tyres
3. Both running pump fuel

Cars that run hard at a drag strip are optimised to launch very hard. It's all in the 60'. That exact setup is useless on a street. There is no way the car will run 8s in street trim, don't believe the hype.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
You've got nothing to worry about assuming:

1. Street not drag strip
2. Both running street legal tyres
3. Both running pump fuel

Cars that run hard at a drag strip are optimised to launch very hard. It's all in the 60'. That exact setup is useless on a street. There is no way the car will run 8s in street trim, don't believe the hype.
If anyone is from my area, we all know which street is actually prepped better than two of the tracks....

Big money gets thrown down there, and its not a rare occurrence to see wheelies.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by HD Jimbo
If anyone is from my area, we all know which street is actually prepped better than two of the tracks....

Big money gets thrown down there, and its not a rare occurrence to see wheelies.
Well AWD cars with IRS don't often lift the front wheels but anything is possible!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 8 sec EVO wants to kill me