996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

8 sec EVO wants to kill me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
Well AWD cars don't often lift the front wheels but anything is possible!
I'm saying there can be an advantage to either car, or both, depending on location, and preperation.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by HD Jimbo
I'm saying there can be an advantage to either car, or both, depending on location, and preperation.
I'm saying that a car set up to launch hard on a drag strip will not be able to do the same on a street.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:37 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'm saying that a car set up to launch hard on a drag strip will not be able to do the same on a street.
Normally I would agree completely but I have seen lots of streetfire videos with AWD evo bouncing off the rev limiter and taking off like there was track prep, evo's seem to launch well anywhere.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:19 AM
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Normally I would agree completely but I have seen lots of streetfire videos with AWD evo bouncing off the rev limiter and taking off like there was track prep, evo's seem to launch well anywhere.
Let's see one beat 1.5x on street tyres on a street surface!

Old 02-03-2007, 01:23 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Let's see one beat 1.5x on street tyres on a street surface!
Can you get 60' times on the street, do even dataloggers do that? I wouldnt know. There is no doubt that the track is better, but for some cars it's less of a crutch if you dont have prep. Evo's are the best launching street cars I've seen. All things equal I would rather race an Evo at the track becuase most cars cant hook like the evo on the street.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:34 AM
Of course, what I meant was AWD cars like Evos, STIs and GT-Rs seem to hook hard on the street. But take one to the track and you'll see their short times are nothing special. It just seems that way on the street.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Of course, what I meant was AWD cars like Evos, STIs and GT-Rs seem to hook hard on the street. But take one to the track and you'll see their short times are nothing special. It just seems that way on the street.
Oh yeah I gotcha, there is no replacement for some huge slicks and tons of torque, the AWD is more versatile up until a certain point when launching with stock to higher levels like maybe 600 hp then the advantage goes to RWD with huge tires. The fastest 60's like 1.2's 1.3's are almost always RWD.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
My evo takes off like a bandit...
I get 1.6s on street tires and 1.5s on slicks...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-03-2007, 04:15 AM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
here's a question.......................................... ...................

did you EVER race the Evo?

video?

Old 02-03-2007, 04:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by werksracer
here's a question.......................................... ...................

did you EVER race the Evo?

video?
Im not sure if ur referring to me... if so... here is a link to the full post with videos and slips....
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=49368

click to view

Old 02-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
My 0.02

Back on the day we ran many Evos, all do they can be very fast I put my money on the Porsche, if you are indeed running in the street ,here's what we use to do.

1) D.O.T Drag Radials only no slicks

2) 20-30mph roll , they may jump you but after the end of 1 st gear you be there, after that you will start to pull, if you want to spank them ,then run for one mile.

If indeed the evo runs 8s, theres no way they will be able to run you with drag radials.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I love Rob and Tom...but Tom has NOS which he will have no turbo lag on his 2.4 and he is AWD. Rob is RWD...traction traction.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
The evo will beat the porsche... I have both cars I know...
I took my evo up to 190 MPH as well... the P car has alot of catching up to do...

it all depends on what boost the guy will run...
markski

click to view

Old 02-03-2007, 12:34 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
...it all depends on what boost the guy will run...
Boost is the key to run fast and Cato your engine also...

I am not to familiar in cars but have paid my dues plenty in boosted boat engines...

Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2007, 12:38 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i dont understand how u peopel can sit there and say that the porsche will get himon the highway ...from a roll , the AMS evo with 604 awhp was destroying 650rwhp cobras and zo6's ... maybe when the evo runs out of gear the TT will roll by .but with all those mods listed and 30lbs off boost ...the TT is getting waxed something hard ! period ... i know cuase i also have a evo9 with lots of mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 8 sec EVO wants to kill me