996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO 1.0bar WG actuators?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:22 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Pierre996TT
NO

...and it depends which set up you have and where...be careful installing and you must have a boost gauge.
Wow, I agree that it is crucial that this mod be done properly, but which tuners here do not sell the "modified WGs" already adjusted properly? They should be called out on this one!

Old 04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
I doubt anyone sells them completely adjusted and ready to "bolt-on and go". I suppose most vendors probably send them out adjusted in the ball-park-range of where they should be, and the rest is up to you or your installer.

I wouldn't trust them as a bolt in item no matter who they came from.

Originally Posted by oak
I have my stock wg adjusted to 1.1-1.2 what's the diff? what are you really gaining?
As far as adjusting your stock acuators tighter to get the same affect... I don't know for certain, but my guess is that the EVO actuators will hold low RPM boost better because of the spring rate. I know my GT2 gets killer boost under part throttle and at low RPM now that I've installed the EVO actuators. It's not uncommon for me to see .7bar - .9bar just driving around town.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
My misunderstanding. Stanford was nice enough to PM me. I was talking about buying a new turbo with WG already in place. It has been so long since I have seen this thread that I forgot the discussion is about a loose WG being installed on the existing turbo already on the car. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by roadsterdoc; 04-04-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:53 PM
kayman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bodybag
I recently added a set to my GT2 and the difference is awesome. I bought the car with a REVO programmer and could never (or very rarely) get the car to show 1.1 or 1.2 bar under full boost. After adding the WG actuators, I get 1.1 very easily and I see 1.2 all the time.

However, the most noticeable difference is how early the boost strats to build, and how storng the car feels now under only light throttle.

Worth the $$$ IMO

I dont understand how the upgraded actuators help build boost earlier... do the stock ones open slightly even on very low pressures?

Old 05-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kayman
I dont understand how the upgraded actuators help build boost earlier... do the stock ones open slightly even on very low pressures?
Yes... the stock spring is lighter which allows it to begin "bleeding" air thru the wastegates even before they are 100% open. The EVO actuators have a heavier spring which does not allow the WG's to crack open at low pressure, in turn giving more boost under part throttle and at low RPM.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:20 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
My stock wg's started to crack open at 6.8 psi, the evo ones do not move until 12 psi. Low boost is a lot better, and I see 1.2-1.3 max