996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fabspeed bypass pipes? Any try them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:38 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed bypass pipes? Any try them?

I have a fabspeed system on my car. I went to the fabspeed site to look at the bypass pipes. They only have them demoed on a normal 996. Anyone hear them on a turbo yet?

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:14 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Imagine Loud....then multiple it by about 10!

Old 02-02-2007, 05:44 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Here's a set on a GT3. Sounds amazing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPX_kDC7GTs

Old 02-02-2007, 08:34 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
LOL then think about a migrain headache, then mulitply that x5 then x10 with the straightpipes and that's what you get

I had the FVD (cat and muffler bypass) bolted off the turbo, i didnt want to drive the car at all witht hem on, obnoxious was an understatement!

Old 02-02-2007, 08:42 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Here's Sechsgang's Turbo when he had his (what we think were) AWE straight pipes. It was much louder in real life. Think air saturated with sound. It surrounds you. I hope you aren't clausterphobic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlgSeAK9QJU

-Joe

Old 02-02-2007, 08:46 PM
jrok is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
PorscheDoc is correct. They are very loud. My 993 sleeps in my best friends garage and we put them on his modded 2001 TT. When you first start the car up it burps and pops and cracks until the revs settle down. Then, you can just barely talk in the garage if you kind of yell a little. The best part is that you can goose it a little with the gas and when the rpm's fall you can clearly and distinctly hear the turbos spinning down -- it's very cool if you're into that sort of thing. We don't care and like it a lot, but it's mostly a track car. You can pretty much hear it anywhere on the track from pretty much anywhere else at the track when it's going at full song. It shakes the windows in the tower classrom at Putnam Park when it goes down the front straight.

I set up my little nikon camera (that also makes movies) a few months back to try and capture a startup by putting the camera about 20 feet away and starting the car but it was too loud to record with the little cheesy mic on my camera. I might try again from farther away to try and get something. He used to race SuperCup and I've been around them with him and the turbo is way louder. You can hear it ripping down the freeway from his house probably a mile away -- sort of how you can hear motorcycles when strung out. If you keep the revs very, very low you can talk in the car but not much.

We also have the GT2 center exhaust from way back when, when they were seperate pieces, so you can switch it back and forth from GT2 to straight pipes -- but since we put the pipes on we've never switched it back.

It's loud. I love it. But for daily driving it would be a bit much. It attracts a lot of attention. But I highly recommend it you're kind of crazy.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:51 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
I had straight pipes on my cayenne TT and loved them. Drove it everyday..

Old 02-02-2007, 08:53 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by habitat
I had straight pipes on my cayenne TT and loved them. Drove it everyday..
Kerry, think 20x louder than that No seriously!

Old 02-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Kerry, think 20x louder than that No seriously!
WOW!!!
That's crazy!!

Old 02-02-2007, 09:04 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, these are some of the loudest pipes I have heard. I have installed quite a few muffler bypass pipes on 993TT's, and they sound mild compared to the 996TT bypass pipes. If you want very loud, then they are for you

Sidenote: I think I still have a set (fabspeed) laying around the shop that we used for demo, if anyone wants them, I will make them a deal, because we sure as heck aren't going to use them. I would guess they have about 500 miles on them. I don't know if I have the cats though.....I can look.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I have straight pipes from the turbos to the stock tips no cats. The car sounds AWESOME!!!! I cant go back now! At warm idle the car rumbles the way a 500+ hp car should sound and is not obnoxious. driving out of the neighbor is ok if you short shift.
At WOT car is badass period!!
Inside cabin is loud but you can talk and listen to the radio of course at increased volume. Drone at 2-3k is drone at 2-3k.
I am one of the few on here who love the car like this so I thought I would put in my 2 cents, your results may vary!!
PS, my rear cats and muffler is off of my cayS also!!!! Go figure!!!!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
I heard a GT3 with straight pipes and it was scary loud. Sounded like a drive-by shooting x 10. Then I saw the driver get out and saw him wearing yellow ear plugs. Will scare the women & children, plus a definite cop magnet too.

Last edited by doccao; 02-02-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:40 PM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Doc-

You have a PM

Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I have straight pipes from the turbos to the stock tips no cats. The car sounds AWESOME!!!! I cant go back now! At warm idle the car rumbles the way a 500+ hp car should sound and is not obnoxious. driving out of the neighbor is ok if you short shift.
At WOT car is badass period!!
Inside cabin is loud but you can talk and listen to the radio of course at increased volume. Drone at 2-3k is drone at 2-3k.
I am one of the few on here who love the car like this so I thought I would put in my 2 cents, your results may vary!!
PS, my rear cats and muffler is off of my cayS also!!!! Go figure!!!!
You and me Tom, gotta love those straight pipes! If it's too loud then you are too old!

Old 02-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Bypass pipes with race cats here...great sound.
I assume without cats it might be too much for normal street use.

Only problem are some track events here where something from 95dB to 100dB is the max...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed bypass pipes? Any try them?