996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO Stage 4GT First Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 04:35 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
EVO Stage 4GT First Impressions

My stage 4GT conversion was completed by Evolution Motorsports on Saturday and I took delivery that afternoon. All I can say is what an amazing upgrade! The car is wickedly fast, with less turbo lag, and better low speed drivability. The service was also awesome. Todd picked up my car from the house and also personally delivered it to me (with a fresh detail) when the conversion was complete.

A few more random details. The car dyno'ed at 540 rwhp (front drive shaft disconnected). It definitely feels that strong by the SOTP. I also had the B&M shifter, GT2 intercoolers and upgraded clutch installed at the same time. The clutch requires slightly more effort than stock. However, the stock clutch pedal was so light that I actually found it somewhat difficult to engage/disengage smoothly; the upgraded clutch actually seems to be easier to operate with precision. Also, the throw of the stock shifter was much longer than I am used to (even on other stock automobiles). The B&M requires slightly more effort (still less than the stock shifter in my prior car, a Z06 Vette) but is much more precise and considerably shorter. The GT2 intercoolers were added to help deal with the summer AZ heat. I am also running a blend of 91 and 100 octane for reliability purposes.

More to come....

Yours in speed,

Old 08-04-2003, 04:40 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Did you come from the Regular stage 4??? If so was it a big difference from that??

John

Old 08-04-2003, 05:26 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Hey congrats. 540RWHP ...That is the most so far I've seen from them. Hey, what was your Rear wheel Torque? Do you have a dyno sheet scanned? Like to see your AFR readings too. The GT does not have the ball bearing turbos right?

Old 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Hey congrats. 540RWHP ...That is the most so far I've seen from them. Hey, what was your Rear wheel Torque? Do you have a dyno sheet scanned? Like to see your AFR readings too. The GT does not have the ball bearing turbos right?
I don't have the dyno sheet in my hands yet, but Todd has a copy for me and I will be there later this week to have the chip switch installed. I believe rwt was 580 (will get the exact figure for you). I will also see if I can get the AFR readings.

The GT does have the ball bearing turbos.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:31 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
racer63 - out of curiosity (i might be dooing the GT turbo upgrade later down the line once I get my GIAC, exhaust headers, etc...) what programs are you getting put on your chipswitch??

Old 08-05-2003, 07:52 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Did you come from a stage 4?

Old 08-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by msindi
racer63 - out of curiosity (i might be dooing the GT turbo upgrade later down the line once I get my GIAC, exhaust headers, etc...) what programs are you getting put on your chipswitch??
Well, here's what I'd like to do, assuming that the maps are available. I'll know for sure once I talk to Todd more about it later this week:

1. stock TT boost levels (for trips to the dealer)
2. more or less stock X50 boost levels (for open track events, just for added safety)
3. full stage 4gt

Old 08-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Duane
Did you come from a stage 4?
Actually from stage 2.