996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

100 Octane in Houston/Sugarland area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
100 Octane in Houston/Sugarland area

Anyone know where I can get unleaded gas that is close to 100 Octane in the Houston/Richmond area?

I am looking for pump gas. I don't want to buy and store drums.

I would also be happy to buy anything between 94 and 99 if the price is right.

I guy has 116 close by, but it has lead.

Thanks

Old 02-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Sean call Motorsport Technology Inc. 281-870-8787 they carry 104 Unleaded there. They are located on Westhiemer and Dairy Ashford . David or Zach should take care of you there, thats who built my little brothers C5 (video of his car is on their front page lol). They also have nitrous if you ever need it

They also have this new product called Octanium, but they can explain that. I'd ask about it because it is pretty nice to have.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:09 AM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Powell
Sean call Motorsport Technology Inc. 281-870-8787 they carry 104 Unleaded there. They are located on Westhiemer and Dairy Ashford . David or Zach should take care of you there, thats who built my little brothers C5 (video of his car is on their front page lol). They also have nitrous if you ever need it

They also have this new product called Octanium, but they can explain that. I'd ask about it because it is pretty nice to have.
Did I meet you once at a tire shop near Clear Lake? We talked about a 335i sedan?

Old 02-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Not sure, the only place I goto around though is Discount Tire on Bay Area (my buddy Ryan works there). Now Chris E. works at MTI but takes all of MTI's wheels/tires down there to get mounted. So it could be either one of us. You live around that area?

It's kind of late so I'm not all there lol.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks Chris,

What are they charging?

Are you going to make it this Sat.?

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 02-09-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:26 PM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Not sure, the only place I goto around though is Discount Tire on Bay Area (my buddy Ryan works there). Now Chris E. works at MTI but takes all of MTI's wheels/tires down there to get mounted. So it could be either one of us. You live around that area?

It's kind of late so I'm not all there lol.
Yeah I live in Clear Lake. I remember talking to a guy who said he had a 1000HP Camaro and he was looking at a 335i sedan.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:35 PM
I called Motorsports. They have 104 for $6.50, a good price I think. I will also pick up some Octanium.

However, I would love to get some cheaper gas, say 97-100 Octane for less money if available (for DD on low boost).

Anyone?

Old 02-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by eMJay1133
Yeah I live in Clear Lake. I remember talking to a guy who said he had a 1000HP Camaro and he was looking at a 335i sedan.
Wasn't me I don't think. I think I saw you today on Bay Area though. You have a 'Vert M3 right? If so do you go to school at UHCL?

Old 02-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I called Motorsports. They have 104 for $6.50, a good price I think. I will also pick up some Octanium.

However, I would love to get some cheaper gas, say 97-100 Octane for less money if available (for DD on low boost).

Anyone?
Honestly your only bet is to buy a drum of 104 and save alot of money. Though you have to keep it air tight with a pump, and you still have a 55 gallon drum of gas in your garage! I thought about doing it with my race car, but I was going to buy C16.

If you go up there you'll probably meet Chris if your in the Porsche. Ever since the 996 showed up at the house we've been looking at stuff for it already lol! He's a good friend of mine, built my Camaro and my brother's Vette.

I'll PM you in a little bit about the meet.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Wasn't me I don't think. I think I saw you today on Bay Area though. You have a 'Vert M3 right? If so do you go to school at UHCL?
I was on Bay Area today but my M3 is a coupe.I think i've seen your turbo before in the area. I'm not at UHCL, I go there sometime's to use the library but i'm not a student.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
I really don't need a big drum in my garage, and my car runs very well on low boost on 93.

I need the 104 for the Supra Nats, however and am just planning on filling up before driving out there. MSR is 40 miles away and the drive will clear all the 93 out so that I will be on race gas by track time.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
You can buy VP in 5 gallon pails. I normally keep 3-4 of them in the garage rather than a drum. They're easy to transport, you can bring 1 in the trunk for back up if you need it, work quite well.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:13 PM
The problem is all the drums of vp and other 100-104 ovctane unleaded are $20 per gallon. That is way too expensive.

I can just drive over (20 minute drive) and fill up for $6.50 per gallon.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Sean you can get a 5 gallon Jugs that VP makes. I'm not sure if MTI has one, but I think someone like Autobahn or someone may. Joe may have one you can borrow. Then you can just put the 5 gallons in at the track.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
The problem is all the drums of vp and other 100-104 ovctane unleaded are $20 per gallon. That is way too expensive.

I can just drive over (20 minute drive) and fill up for $6.50 per gallon.
I buy the 5 gallon ones for $68 each currently including the small drum itself. That's $13.60/gal for 116 Octane, hard to believe your paying almost twice that for 100-104.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 100 Octane in Houston/Sugarland area