996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Crashed my P-car last Night =(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Where in NY are you? I am in Westchester and could not imagine having the Turbo out yesterday. Sorry to hear, you will get it back as good as new. Glad you are ok as well.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:09 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
yah, i'm in scarsdale, had my 4S out 1am yesterday... wasn't too much snow then.. just kindof icy... i crashed in the bronx coming back =(

they are coming to tow the car tomorrow from my driveway!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:28 PM
///996TTM3 is infamous around these parts
......ouchhh, time for a new one

Old 02-17-2007, 10:12 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
talk about strange... i drove by the same place today and i realized there isn't any curb at the turn... wth did i hit?!?!

is it possible that i hit something hard hidden in the snow that night??

Old 02-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
talk about strange... i drove by the same place today and i realized there isn't any curb at the turn... wth did i hit?!?!

is it possible that i hit something hard hidden in the snow that night??
Yup. You never know what it could be if you didn't see it that night. You could have hit something dropped by a semi, previous accident, ice block, etc.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by HD Jimbo
Yup. You never know what it could be if you didn't see it that night. You could have hit something dropped by a semi, previous accident, ice block, etc.

arghhhhh... must have been something really really really hard

Old 02-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
arghhhhh... must have been something really really really hard
Hope everything goes well if you are going through insurance. If not, always a good thing to upgrade .

My guess is something may have been frozen in there, and you bumped, and it took the car the "right way" and the rest happend.

Any pot holes in the area where it happend?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:23 PM
anybody have a set of 18" HREs for sale??? i need to replace the broken techarts =P

Old 02-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Jason,

That really sucks. I'm just glad you're okay, man.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:25 PM
UPDATED: my car is still in the shop. it's been 2 months now! does it normally take this long to fix a p-car? the wait to get her back is absolutely killing me!!!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 05:54 PM
philly996tt is infamous around these parts
I totaled my C2 a few years back and I forced them into it, nationwide didn't want to total it because it costs them too much, if your car is still in the shop, you have put the pressure on them to get the car out or just give you a check. You definetly should get some compensation for loss of time. From your pics, I don't see 2 months worth of damage, at least your ok, good luck

Old 04-19-2007, 06:02 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
UPDATED: my car is still in the shop. it's been 2 months now! does it normally take this long to fix a p-car? the wait to get her back is absolutely killing me!!!!!
Jason,

In 1990 my RUF 930 turbo was hit in the front. i took one year to get the repair done. the slope nose fenders and RUF (speed-line) wheels had to be ordered from Germany and that took 9 months. If my 997 ever gets hit, the only shop and person the will fix it is Ron. I saw your C4s and it was badly damaged. With any custom parts you are at the mercy of the vendor. Ron has no control over the time it takes to get bumpers or wheels. Hang in there you have the best person working on your Porsche.

Last edited by lardog; 04-19-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:09 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk is infamous around these partsKraftwerk is infamous around these parts
A friend of mine crashed his dad's E500 into a wall, visibly not much damage except hood, one fender, one headlight, bumper, etc...but the jolt gave it some frame damage. He sent it to one of the best shops around, took I think 4-6 months (cant remember exactly) and ~$25k. It looks immaculate now. Give it time, it will be good as new.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
that really sux glad you're all right

techart wheels are cast and heavy - why people buy them i don't know

Old 04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
why do you post under 996Turbo / GT2 when it is just a 996 with a wing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crashed my P-car last Night =(