996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I have an idea and want your opnions! UNICHIP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
No kidding, I have co-workers Alex, at least put NWS on the title!
Dude when we saw that I had to look twice...

Old 02-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Banned
George@Revo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KPG
Goerge, are you saying that you recommend / condone running gt35 turbos on stock injectors and fuel system? Kevin
That all depends on how much boost one wishes to run. We can adjust the A/F and boost to safe levels after the software is installed. Of course if one wants to run a lot of boost, the fueling will have to be reevaluated. If it is found to be insufficient then of course changes would need to be made the system itself to bring things up to par.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
OK,

I would never use a UC...not even for my G35...however, what about a stand alone sustem like The HKS F-Con V-Pro. It is a GOD of tuning in the VQ communnity.

I local builder/tuner here in the Houston area who is very well known in the Supra Community approached me about tuning my GT2 w/ the V-Pro....I called him back...I wanted to have him install some Nitrous on my G35 (which already has the V-Pro) and maybe I would (if I liked his work/service) then be willing to discuss the V-Pro/G35 idea.

He never called me back (something I hate!) so he won't be getting my bussiness, but I am still intrigued w/ the idea of using the V-Pro.

Any opinions?

Old 02-15-2007, 05:53 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by George@Revo
The cars are running stock injectors and an adjustable FPR. .
I guarantee your your duty cycle is over 90%. It is too high. BTDT and those percentages are with the 5 bar. You CAN not run the GT35s on that car with a 38# injector. Cranked up to 5 bar or not. Period.

That is irresponsible to even suggest. A gt35 will move a lot of air. It no longer comes down to boost, it is pure CFM. That turbo is much larger than the K16, K24 and even the GT28.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:56 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
OK,

I would never use a UC...not even for my G35...however, what about a stand alone sustem like The HKS F-Con V-Pro. It is a GOD of tuning in the VQ communnity.

I local builder/tuner here in the Houston area who is very well known in the Supra Community approached me about tuning my GT2 w/ the V-Pro....I called him back...I wanted to have him install some Nitrous on my G35 (which already has the V-Pro) and maybe I would (if I liked his work/service) then be willing to discuss the V-Pro/G35 idea.

He never called me back (something I hate!) so he won't be getting my bussiness, but I am still intrigued w/ the idea of using the V-Pro.

Any opinions?
No, not those. You will need to use a system that can handle many channels. For example, you need a channel to control valve lift, a channel for cam advance, a channel for DBR and so on. I think you get the point. A Motec system handle this and we do it, but the expense to build the harness and tune it is huge as opposed to using a system like what we have in place.

When is a system like that make sense…when building a motor of such into an old chassis or race car.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks, Stephen,

I will stay away from the V-Pro for my Porsche (although they have 32x32 resolution for both fuel and timing maps).

By the way, you ALWAYS return phone calls....

I appreciate your advice.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 02-15-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:24 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs up For the super performing 996TT there is only one place to go.

Suman,

You have a very high performance car and are at a crossroads.
The best bet for you is to call Todd @ Protomotive and discuss your needs.
He uses "real" Garrats GT30's, and 35's (ala Markski, VRAlex and several others), thusly to utilize the Garrats as intended you need custom fab on the header side (ala Proto custom fabbed headers), and custom
exhuast (ala Proto custom exhuast), as well as plumb in water cooling (maybe you already have that). And as long as you are at it why not throw some custom ground cams in the mix and really make it interesting. but most importantly, someone who
not only understands how these turbos work but also understands the fueling, air flow, build specs, etc.
and programming and can DO IT inhouse!

Old 02-15-2007, 06:38 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
You CAN not run the GT35s on that car with a 38# injector. Cranked up to 5 bar or not. Period.

That is irresponsible to even suggest.
That is the blunt truth I was looking for.... Kevin

Old 02-15-2007, 06:49 PM
YoWils is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
I currently dirve a gt700/750 car with Tial turbos on it. I want to put bigger turbos on the car and re tune it with a UNICHIP set up. Does anyone have experiece with this. I crrently put down 680whp with race fuel. Do you think with bigger turbos I can put down the same power on pump and less boost. Will the UNCHIP provide enough tuning capabilities in order to have the car run properly. thanks in advance

PS Im thinking of going with custom gt35/k24 turbos. Man they just sound good!

-Suman
It must be nice to be able to use all that power!!! I'm speaking out of envy as we're in the midst of a bit of speed lock-down here in the South Bay (by SF). I've felt the presence of the special CHP anti-speeding task force. With the lidar they use, there are not many counter-measures but go slow.

Nice to know someone is taking advantage of 680whp and beyond....

Old 02-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !

-Suman
You should hear my car... u would not sleep for a few nights... LOL

Dont mess with the car.. u will probably sell it casue too many people got there hands in it and probably will F#CK it up....
run a AX 22 or a driftbox.. see what it does.... if its not enough then another 100 HP will not be either...
doing a gt35 type of turbo will require u doing MAF, fuel system, and tuning... and it means custom....

good luck
makski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 02-15-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Told you, just say no to unichip...

Old 02-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
TIal called me back and they say now that they would need to make a gt32/k24 turbo for my application still a big turbo. Im talking to steve now to see gt800 turbos and ecu to see if it will make what im looking for. thanks guys

-Suman

Old 02-16-2007, 09:13 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I currently dirve a gt700/750 car with Tial turbos on it. I want to put bigger turbos on the car and re tune it with a UNICHIP set up. Does anyone have experiece with this. I crrently put down 680whp with race fuel. Do you think with bigger turbos I can put down the same power on pump and less boost. Will the UNCHIP provide enough tuning capabilities in order to have the car run properly. thanks in advance

-Suman
Suman,

Put down the crack pipe and walk away! Unichip on this custom of a setup?

Old 02-16-2007, 09:38 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
TIal called me back and they say now that they would need to make a gt32/k24 turbo for my application still a big turbo. Im talking to steve now to see gt800 turbos and ecu to see if it will make what im looking for. thanks guys

-Suman
Evoms already has this setup on my car.So it should be no problem.You need a motor build though.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
DeeMan007 is infamous around these parts
Guys,
I was going to start a new thread with this, but it sounds like it might work in here...
I might be able to get a CPU with X50 mapping put into my Turbo. It's like taking the brain from a 2004 TT X50 and putting it directly into my 2001 TT. The only mods I have are an EP exhaust and EVO diverter valves, so the turbos and intercoolers are stock. I would probably gain 75hp from both the X50 and EP...do you think I would have any problems? Do I need to upgrade the turbos and intercoolers with this X50 programming? Has anyone ever done this before?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have an idea and want your opnions! UNICHIP