996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PiggyBack Chip on Previously Modded Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sharkster
zoikes! a few people on here had commented negatively about it. I believe the owner of the company came on soliciting too before he was banned.
That tends to happen. Honestly Shiv is a bright guy, just not a frontman or someone that can carry on any sort of a conversation without being demeaning.

Nonetheless, my experience was somewhat less than stellar.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nikolas
That tends to happen. Honestly Shiv is a bright guy, just not a frontman or someone that can carry on any sort of a conversation without being demeaning.

Nonetheless, my experience was somewhat less than stellar.
Understood and thanks for letting us know. The Bosch Motronic has such great knock supression and other safety features it makes no sense to turn all that stuff off and risk a 30K motor etc...

Old 10-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Former Vendor
Shiv has a spectacular aura aboutShiv has a spectacular aura about
What's all this about? I have never installed a Unichip in a Porsche. And I don't believe I was ever banned. But I do live in the Bay area so 1 out of 3 aint bad

ps. My guess is the Unichp was installed by the Racers Group back when the were at Infineon Raceway. For a few years, they were the US distributors of Dastek/Unichip. I think they dropped that part of their business several years back, moved elsewhere in the Bay, and now just build Porsche race cars and organize "arrive and drives".

Last edited by Shiv; 10-02-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Former Vendor
Shiv has a spectacular aura aboutShiv has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sharkster
Understood and thanks for letting us know. The Bosch Motronic has such great knock supression and other safety features it makes no sense to turn all that stuff off and risk a 30K motor etc...
I'll admit that I'm not familiar with the Unichip in the Porsche application. The only experience I have with then was on the Subaru back in 2002-2003 before ECU flashing became available. But as I understand it, a conventional piggyback such as the Unichip didn't disable any safety features. It simply provided an open loop trim to the MAP sensor, offset the crank sensor signal, adjusted the MAF signal and maybe modified the wastegate signal. Not clean or necessarily ideal in any respect whatsoever. But that approach doesn't disable any safety systems as far as I know.

Shiv